The Mini-Camp Thread

Started by PhillyPhreak54, May 13, 2006, 03:45:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Look at Bloom in the background.  I'll bet he's thinking to himself: 

"Good God, you gotta be kidding me... THIS is who I have to beat out??? ahahahahahaha!!!"[/i]

reese125

Eagles | J. Johnson discusses McDougle
Sun, 14 May 2006 17:52:44 -0700

Philadelphia Eagles defensive coordinator Jim Johnson had this to say Sunday, May 14, about DE Jerome McDougle: "So far, right now, he has made a tremendous improvement. To me, he is one of the bright spots at minicamp. He looks like the McDougle we talked about. He looks quick. He's a very smart football player. He has had one of the best; I know it's just three days, minicamp so far. He looks like a different person. If we get him on the field, it's a big improvement for us. He is playing like we thought he would play."

Man, I'll u what....this is a guy alot people have written off because he really has been a non-factor for 2 years. Encouraging words to say the least regardless of minicamp or not. Put him in the mix of the already beefed up DL...its on like Donkey Kong

BigEd76

Kearse will be on NBC10 Sports Final tonight

Rome

McDougle is no more than a fourth defensive end at this point.  He's not going to supplant Howard & Kearse as a starter and Trent Cole had too good a year last season for him to be ousted from the rotation.

If he can spell Howard or Kearse, then good for him.  The more the merrier.

But if he does somehow oust Kearse, Howard or Cole from the top three spots in the rotation, then it's a bad sign for the d-line, IMO.

DH

John Clark is one annoying motherfarger.  :boom

BigEd76

Kearse:

-- loves the acquisitions of Howard and Bunkley, says this offseason was to "help the Freak out!"
-- working with a new D-line coach and several young guys
-- expects at least 10 sacks this year
-- defining year because "I suddenly became the old guy on the line" *shrugs shoulders*
-- expects to be moved around more, not just staying at LDE
-- wants the defense to be what it was supposed to be last year...hates to be reminded of the bad record
-- on McNabb's shirt: just saying that the players should keep the crap in-house
-- on Justice:  "big, strong, can get down the field"
-- last year was a serious wake-up call, and if that doesn't motivate them to get better, nothing will

MDS

I seriously cannot watch Sports Final anymore. John Clark is the worst. The worst. I'd rather watch old SNF tapes.
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 14, 2006, 11:30:56 PM
McDougle is no more than a fourth defensive end at this point.  He's not going to supplant Howard & Kearse as a starter and Trent Cole had too good a year last season for him to be ousted from the rotation.

But if he does somehow oust Kearse, Howard or Cole from the top three spots in the rotation, then it's a bad sign for the d-line, IMO.

You need 3 good DEs and we have that. To have 4 is a luxury and the Eagles might be one of those in that category. As you know, I am a McDougle fan. I hate it when people call him a bust and I am rooting for him big time. I love the fact that he is down to the 250 range. That will help his burst and explosiveness, something that he has had even when he wasn't showing us much of anything.

It was nice to hear Jim talk about him like that today. If he shows up this year and continues to build, he could be what they drafted him for. Just that instead of replacing Hugh as a rookie he might replace Kearse and/or Howard when their time is up here.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Die-Hard on May 14, 2006, 11:51:25 PM
John Clark is one annoying motherfarger.  :boom

Agreed. I'd like to crack his jaw.

ice grillin you

Man, I'll u what....this is a guy alot people have written off because he really has been a non-factor for 2 years. Encouraging words to say the least regardless of minicamp or not. Put him in the mix of the already beefed up DL...its on like Donkey Kong

jim johnson also supported the aquisition of and had great words to say about mark simoneau....what these coaches and front office people say means shtein...until mcdougle makes the team and is out on the field sacking qb's in the regular season forgive me if i dont get excited by what jim johnson has to say about a mini camp...
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

yeah, but I just bought new pom-poms, and it kind of felt good to get excited for nothing. Its the first "good" words I heard about the guy since hes been brought in. Im thinking he lost some good weight from everything and gained some speed...which is what he needed from the gip
Seeing is believing, no question.

reese125

Asked how realistic J.R. Reed's comeback bid from peroneal nerve damage seems to him, Tom Heckert said: "From looking at him, it's very realistic." Heckert said that with the brace Reed uses now to help him lift his affected foot, "you won't be able to tell anything's wrong"... Wideout Todd Pinkston said he won't be running patterns in this minicamp, as he recovers from Achilles' tendon surgery. Pinkston said he hopes to participate in the minicamp that starts June 1... Heckert made it clear that Todd Herremans is the starter right now at left guard, though Heckert said he expects a spirited competition in training camp... Center Hank Fraley (shoulder) and corner Lito Sheppard (ankle) aren't quite cleared for full activity yet, Heckert said... Fourth-round rookie guard Max Jean-Gilles, who is 6-3, said yesterday his current weight is 350, maybe 5 pounds more than he'd like to play at. Concerns about weight might have affected Jean-Gilles' draft fortune. Jean-Gilles said he visited Arkansas before signing with Georgia and was hosted by then-Razorbacks star Shawn Andrews, whom Jean-Gilles recalled as "a cool cat... a big man on campus."

Rome

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2006, 03:09:24 AM

You need 3 good DEs and we have that. To have 4 is a luxury and the Eagles might be one of those in that category. As you know, I am a McDougle fan. I hate it when people call him a bust and I am rooting for him big time. I love the fact that he is down to the 250 range. That will help his burst and explosiveness, something that he has had even when he wasn't showing us much of anything.

It was nice to hear Jim talk about him like that today. If he shows up this year and continues to build, he could be what they drafted him for. Just that instead of replacing Hugh as a rookie he might replace Kearse and/or Howard when their time is up here.

He's a bust.

;)

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on May 15, 2006, 09:47:05 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 15, 2006, 03:09:24 AM

He's a bust.

;)

Hater.  :D

SunMo

QuoteEagles | Mahe to return punts
Mon, 15 May 2006 09:50:43 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles special-teams coach John Harbaugh said RB Reno Mahe is at the top of the depth chart as the punt returner.

QuoteEagles | J. Johnson discusses Dawkins
Mon, 15 May 2006 09:42:05 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Daily News, reports Philadelphia Eagles offensive coordinator Jim Johnson had this to say about Philadelphia Eagles S Brian Dawkins and possibly losing a step: "He looks like a 25-year-old player to me," Johnson said. "I see no difference in the way he plays. I really don't. I know guys slow down, but the way he plays and competes... he just doesn't seem like he slowed down. I don't think about his age. I don't know how old he is now. When I think about it, he looks like a 20-year-old now."
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.