Main Menu

3rd string QB

Started by MURP, May 04, 2006, 09:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

has Alex Gibbs touched any of them?  Other than in the private areas?

xtacy1238

With what we have a QB for the third option, Koy Detmer and Timmy Chang. And Garcia being signed for one year only. How about going out and getting Joey Harrington to be our third string this year and back up next. Im sure you could get him for a 5th or maybe a OL  guy we dont think will make our roster. Maybe a Scott Young, Tre Darilek, Calvin Armstrong.

Im not completly sold on Joey Harrington. But Has More talent and Upside then any of our back ups.
CGOD

ice grillin you

harrington isnt going somewhere to be a back-up...he wants to go to a team where he has a chance to win a job...or whos starting job is shaky right now
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on May 04, 2006, 10:23:56 AM
harrington isnt going somewhere to be a back-up...he wants to go to a team where he has a chance to win a job...or whos starting job is shaky right now

In that case, depending on who you talk to in Philly... this might not be a bad place for Harrington to wind up.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Right.  Which is why he wants to go to Miami, who has a QB that you claim is better than the Eagles' QB.

ice grillin you

miami has a guy who has a steve austin knee...id hardly call that a solid qb situation
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

Joey "Wine and Cheese" Harrington reunites with Jeff Garcia?  Spadz would have a PR dream and dance to Dream Weaver on the beach again. 

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Don Ho

Quote from: EagleFeva on May 04, 2006, 10:26:45 AM

In that case, depending on who you talk to in Philly... this might not be a bad place for Harrington to wind up.

:-D :-D :-D
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Don Ho

Quote from: MURP on May 04, 2006, 09:39:58 AM
forgot phreak had a list....  lets see who is left.

Tony Banks
Jeff Blake
Travis Brown
Kerry Collins
Ty Detmer
Jay Fiedler
Tommy Maddox
Shane Matthews

:-D

God help us.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Eagles 3x

Quote from: PhillyGirl on May 04, 2006, 09:52:25 AM
Garcia
Feeley
Bloomey

would be the gayest looking backup QB group ever.
member since Aug. 21, 03. I am the KING of the Lurking Bastiches!!

BB

Stick with Timmay. He's good enough as a  third stringer this year.

Displaced

Quote from: BB on May 05, 2006, 07:05:33 PM
Stick with Timmay. He's good enough as a  third stringer this year.

Yeah I just watched Timmy in action in NFLE and he looked good.  He on his first drive he threw one great pass and followed that with an inc. and a pick.

Second drive he was flawless.  6 for 6 and a touch.

Eaglez

Who cares who the 3rd string QB is. If it gets down to it our season is over anyways.

I don't know how AJ did it that one year - I would think it was more of an abberation than anything.

MadMarchHare

He did it by having a flawless defense, and minimizing his mistakes.  That's all you can hope for from your backup.
If you get a Tom Brady from your backup, that's just damn good luck.
Anyone but Reid.