Eagles scored in draft: Here's how they did it

Started by SD_Eagle5, May 02, 2006, 08:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

i dont think to many people are saying the eagles are geniuses just that they had a very good draft...in fact i havent heard to many people say they even had the best draft...

i think where some credit is due is in not passing on bunkley...there are teams out there that would have not taken bunkley because he dropped to 14...its not always who you go get but who you dont pass on

EDIT: murp wins
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Eagles had a great draft because they got lucky in places and were also aggressive to get players they had targeted and were sticking out on the top of their draft board.  I also feel they had a great draft, because they stuck to their board and obviously went out and got the BPA in the first 4 rounds.  They also got a little something for Thomas and Hicks, two players that would not have made the team this year.

No doubt it could have rolled differently without some luck, but they also deserve credit.

SidFarkus

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 03, 2006, 12:42:33 PM
The Eagles had a great draft because they got lucky in places and were also aggressive to get players they had targeted and were sticking out on the top of their draft board.  I also feel they had a great draft, because they stuck to their board and obviously went out and got the BPA in the first 4 rounds.  They also got a little something for Thomas and Hicks, two players that would not have made the team this year.

No doubt it could have rolled differently without some luck, but they also deserve credit.

Good point. I think you're right on that Hicks and Thomas wouldn't have made the team, so the fact that they were turned into picks was very smart.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

SD_Eagle5

I just tuned in but:

- Thinks Buck can make a contribution this season. Medical reports are that he's healthy. (Deja vu?)
- Hyped Brown and Pinky, saying you don't need a star WR to win the SB. Pointed to Troy Brown and Deion Branch with NE's 1st SB, also pointed to the Seahawks WRs last season. Said Brown and Pinky were a better combination than either of them.
- Talked about teams winning with rushing the passer and solid O-lines more so than with big RBs and skilled WRs.

Just came back from commercial break.

NGM

He also said that David Carr had arguably much better skill position talent than Ben Rothelisberger but Ben was more successful because he had more protection.

Also said that if Reggie produces than two of three second round picks on receivers (threw Freddie Mitchell in there for some reason) are solid to great starters.  Which beats the NFL average of 50% of second round players being solid or better.

Thats all SD missed.

NGM

Whoa things are getting testy on DNL.

I think Banner thought he was going to be hearing the praises and he just kept getting questions fired at him.

The BIGSTUD

He said it was going to be tougher signing our rookies since we start a week earlier because of the HOF game.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

The BIGSTUD

They don't call it Daily News Dead for nothing.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

New name? You should thumb wrestle Phreak for sponsorship.

The BIGSTUD

Yeah, I figured I had to out of respect because he was the guy I wanted in the draft and that is once in a blue moon.