Eagles scored in draft: Here's how they did it

Started by SD_Eagle5, May 02, 2006, 08:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rome

Tomahawk

Susquehanna Birder

Why can't Clark Judge pronounce "Cal Poly-San Luis Obispo"? I have a harder time pronouncing "Gocong".

Drunkmasterflex

I am not sure who the guy was but he gave the Eagles a very poor draft grade this morning on NFL radio.  He said that they failed to address the receiver and SAM position early.  It is funny everybody lists Gocong as a DE, they obviously don't do any research to the fact that the Eagles plan to use him as a SAM.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Zanshin

Zanshin

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 02, 2006, 12:29:53 PM
I am not sure who the guy was but he gave the Eagles a very poor draft grade this morning on NFL radio. He said that they failed to address the receiver and SAM position early. It is funny everybody lists Gocong as a DE, they obviously don't do any research to the fact that the Eagles plan to use him as a SAM.

Whatever.  Anyone who doesn't think this draft went well either doesn't know the Eagles or is borderline retarded.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Zanshin on May 02, 2006, 01:05:50 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on May 02, 2006, 12:29:53 PM
I am not sure who the guy was but he gave the Eagles a very poor draft grade this morning on NFL radio. He said that they failed to address the receiver and SAM position early. It is funny everybody lists Gocong as a DE, they obviously don't do any research to the fact that the Eagles plan to use him as a SAM.

Whatever.  Anyone who doesn't think this draft went well either doesn't know the Eagles or is borderline retarded.

I agree, that is exactly what the guy on NFL radio were saying too. 
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

bobbyinlondon

Over here, we got the feed from the NFL Network live on the first day and today, we got delayed coverage of the 2nd day. I had to laugh when they were in the 5th round, and they went to Dan Reeves and Butch Davis and they both said (talking about the lack of trades), "We can't understand why there weren't any trades in the 4th round"--of course, ignoring that the Eagles made what, at least 2-3 trades in the 4th round alone?

Because of the time difference, of course it was a long night Saturday. It started at 5pm our time and ended about 3am Sunday morning. By that time, I was watching the Phils game over the net and keeping one eye on the draft.

Rome

Speaking of clueless farging retards, here's Dr. Z's take on the Eagles draft:

Duhhhh... which way did he go, George?

QuoteEAGLES: Everybody loves Philly's draft more than I do. Top pick Brodrick Bunkley? Fine. No problem there. But the second-round choice, Winston Justice, simply is not my cup of tea. Workout warrior who plays OK at times, not so OK at other times. Plus he pulled some stuff at USC that, well, they treated fairly lightly because of immaturity or something, whereas if your kid or mine did it, he might be serving time. Third-round choice LB Chris Gocong has great workout numbers, but he'll be learning a new position. Does this sound like a high grade draft? Maybe I'm being too rough, but coming after the problems they had last year ... to go find a new problem child just rubs me slightly wrong.

:-D

What a dope.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dr. Z's opinion actually means something to me in a totally opposite way.

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

LBIggle

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 03:39:15 PM
The same guy who had Bunkley going 21.

he's just butt sore that the eagles messed up his mock.

bowzer

Hey wasn't Dr. Z the one who horribly rated the draft when we replaced our secondary.  So, isn't this a good sign then?

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phillywestbrook36 on May 02, 2006, 06:57:23 PM
Hey wasn't Dr. Z the one who horribly rated the draft when we replaced our secondary.

Him and everyone else.

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: L-ong-B-each-I-ggle on May 02, 2006, 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on May 02, 2006, 03:39:15 PM
The same guy who had Bunkley going 21.

he's just butt sore that the eagles messed up his mock.

Everybody messed up his mock. I don't think he got more than 2 picks right.