Is Stephen Davis the answer?

Started by RezRob, May 01, 2006, 10:53:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Heckert seemed last night that he wanted to add one. He said in a perfect world they could get one, but it may not work out that way.

Seems to me like they want one. There just might not be one available.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

You and I must live in a different universe...

How you thought Heckert was looking to add one puzzles me. He said the same thing he's been saying for months in interviews when asked about big backs.

He says they like their guys and thinks they can get the job done

SD_Eagle5

Lets see who shakes loose after June 1st, I wouldn't mind a big back, a veteran WR, and another SAM to compete with Gacong and D'hani. The more competition, the better.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2006, 01:22:18 PM
You and I must live in a different universe...

How you thought Heckert was looking to add one puzzles me. He said the same thing he's been saying for months in interviews when asked about big backs.

He says they like their guys and thinks they can get the job done

Of course he's going to say that, but what he said was something along the lines of:

Would we love to add one? Sure, in a perfect world, but hey, we like our guys and think they can get the job done if we go into the season with them.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2006, 01:18:02 PM
Davis is DONE.

And Joe Banner has already said that they have zero interest in signing him.

Smith would be a Levens type player. He doesn't want to start and is comfortable being a role player.

But I don't think they add a big back.

Westbrook
Moats
Perry
Tapeh

That's the RB corps, folks.

I would be fine with that as long as that means no Mahe.  As far as Davis goes it wouldn't hurt to bring him into camp and see what he has left probably not much but worth a look.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

yeah, just like Lamar Gordon was the answer. 

Tomahawk

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on May 01, 2006, 01:18:02 PM
Davis is DONE.

And Joe Banner has already said that they have zero interest in signing him.

Smith would be a Levens type player. He doesn't want to start and is comfortable being a role player.

But I don't think they add a big back.

Westbrook
Moats
Perry
Tapeh

That's the RB corps, folks.

No Buckhalter? Or just counting on another non-contact injury?

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Wingspan

Quote from: SD_Eagle on May 01, 2006, 01:22:38 PM
Lets see who shakes loose after June 1st, I wouldn't mind a big back, a veteran WR, and another SAM to compete with Gacong and D'hani. The more competition, the better.

the june 1st thing means next to nothing this year...just as it has for the past 2 seasons.

any cap purging was already taken care of when the CBA was in jeopardy, and with a cap that is $10M higher...they wont be many cap casualties with their shoelaces.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

I always thought anyway that it's not about how big you are, it's about how big you run. If a guy is 5'11 guy who is solid and runs hard then it's the same thing as having a big back.

I just don't know if Perry is that guy. He very well could be.

Wingspan

if you're 190lbs, and you run into two guys with a combined weight of 650lbs...i don't care how hard you run, the only place you're going is face first into their armpits and then you're picking turf out of your ass crack
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

That's why I said it's if you are solid. Meaning compact. Reno Mahe can run as hard as he wants, if he runs into Henderson he's dead.

But you don't have to be 6'3 260 either.

SidFarkus

I wonder if they would have interest in Duckett if he gets cut?
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

The BIGSTUD

He won't get cut, but if he days we'd probably sign him.

SidFarkus

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 01, 2006, 02:27:41 PM
He won't get cut, but if he days we'd probably sign him.

It was reported that they were looking to move him, they already have Dunn, and they drafted a back. It's not crazy to think he could get cut.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/