Eagles Draft 2006 - Player Parallels

Started by Eaglez, April 30, 2006, 09:59:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglez

I know it's early, and we haven't even seen any of these players take a snap of NFL football, but do any of the draftees remind you of someone who is currently in the NFL?

Totally based off of expectation, how do you envision these players to pan out as and resemble?

I don't have a parallel for all the draft choices, but on day 2, I can think of three.

Avant reminds me of a David Givens type wide receiver. Decent size, good hands, is not going to blow anyone away speed-wise but is probably one of the most sure-handed guys in the draft. Instead of going out and securing Givens in the off-season like I originally wanted, I think picking Avant up in the draft will suffice.

Gocong I'm hoping turns into a Mike Vrabel type player. Similar backgrounds, expect that Vrabel played at a much bigger school in OSU. Both guys were explosive DL in college, but seemingly have the instincts to play LB and make plays coming off the edge. If Gocong can do what Vrabel has done for the Pats, then I'm really excited about this pickup.

And with Bloom I see him as a Tim Dwight player. I can imagine that he's a high motor guy who will hit wedges in the return game without any reservations. I saw that type of tenacity in JR Reed, but unfortunately it looks like his career will be cut short. I think Bloom can be a real playmaker for us in the return game and establish some great field position for the Eagles this upcoming year.

Any thoughts?

BigEd76

Bunkley = a stronger and faster 1999-00 Corey Simon

xtacy1238

Well Lets go down the list.
1. Brodrick Bunkley -  Reminds me alot of LaRoy Glover in his days with the Saints
2. Winston Justice - I know everyone says DaBrickashaw Feurgason is the next Walter Jones. But Justice is the one that reminds me
                                of Walter!
3. Chris Gocong - I think the Vrabel comparison is on.
4. Max-Jean Gilles - Larry Allen - Maybe just in Looks but DAMN this guy is big. If he is even close to Lar we hit a home run.
5. Jason Avant - David Givens is a good comparison. I have even heard of his upside being Hines Ward. Who isnt the fastest but
                          always manages to just get open and catch everything.
6. Omar Gaither - I havent seen anything on him. So who knows. But I have read he is excellent in coverage of TE and RB's. Love that.
7. LaJaun Ramsey - Again never heard seen film on him. He is a little small but fast 4.9 40 for a DT pretty good. Did play with
                               high compitition but really only see him as a practice squad type player this year. We are set at DT
CGOD

The BIGSTUD

Dwight is a good comparison for Bloom.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 01, 2006, 12:04:10 AM
Dwight is a good comparison for Bloom.

I think Dwight was pretty much all about straight-line speed and crashing into the wedge, and Bloom is more about being shifty and avoiding the big hit.  Despite his similar skin color to Dwight, I think he's very different.  I hope Bloom can be a lot more like a Dante Hall or Brian Mitchell.

Eaglez

Yeah, I haven't seen a lot of Bloom but I'm guessing he should be more agile than Dwight. I just don't picture Bloom skirting through the wedge and not hitting it will full speed.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

RezRob

Quote from: xtacy1238 on April 30, 2006, 11:53:59 PM
7. LaJaun Ramsey - Again never heard seen film on him. He is a little small but fast 4.9 40 for a DT pretty good.

The last time a DT ran 40yds there was a buffet involved.
Official GreenBay Correspondent...

MURP

ahh what the heck for fun.

Bunkley- I like the comparison of Glover made by Xstacy.
Justice- Chris Samuels
Gocong- David Pollack
Avant- Reggie Brown.
Gean-Gillies: Shawn Andrews. 

Eaglez

Bunkley looks like a chiseled beast. I never saw a DT look like 300+ pounds of pure muscle. Can't wait to see him shoot the gaps and make some tackles for losses this upcoming season.

SidFarkus

Quote from: xtacy1238 on April 30, 2006, 11:53:59 PM

5. Jason Avant - David Givens is a good comparison. I have even heard of his upside being Hines Ward. Who isnt the fastest but always manages to just get open and catch everything.

I've heard the Ward comparisons too. Both in skill set and work ethic.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/