Free agency over, draft over. What do the Eagles still need?

Started by The BIGSTUD, April 30, 2006, 07:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eaglez

Fraley is most likely gone. With Jackson playing well the last half of last season and Jean-Gilles having the reported ability to play C, Phreak's twin brother's time in Philly is done.

BigEd76

Heckert says they aren't looking at getting a big RB right now....said the focus is on monitoring the guys coming back from IR...

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 30, 2006, 11:47:08 PM
Heckert says they aren't looking at getting a big RB right now....said the focus is on monitoring the guys coming back from IR...

What does that mean? Who coming back from IR the big RB?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Displaced

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 30, 2006, 11:50:13 PM
Quote from: BigEd76 on April 30, 2006, 11:47:08 PM

What does that mean? Who coming back from IR the big RB?

Probaby talking about Buck and Tapeh.

The BIGSTUD

Baldy on Sports Final thinks the Eagles are going to turn into a 45% run team. He said it looks like they are building that way with the big lineman.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Eaglez on April 30, 2006, 11:34:46 PM
Fraley is most likely gone. With Jackson playing well the last half of last season and Jean-Gilles having the reported ability to play C, Phreak's twin brother's time in Philly is done.

Yeah, I think Hank might go. The only way he stays is if Jackson gets hurt or struggles in camp/PS. But I don't see that happening.

PhillyPhreak54

I think we can go ahead as assume that they will not be bringing in a "big back".

This FO doesn't buy into the big back theory that many people do. Heckert said on SF tonight that they like the guys they have and it doesn't matter that they areall essentially the same size.

He's said that in numerous interviews. He said on WIP a few months ago that he thinks the smallish backs have an advantage sometimes because they get lost in the flow of traffic behind the big lineman. And he's right about that. We've seen that a lot of times when it looks like Moats or Westbrook were bottled up but they ended up making it through some tiny crack and getting positive yards.

And you don't need a big body to pick up 3rd and 1. If a RB is in the NFL, regardless of his size, he should be able to pick up a freakin yard.

Especially with the fatbodies we have on the line now.

Westbrook
Moats
Perry
Tapeh

That will be the RBs this year, IMO. Perry can get good yards between the tackles and Tapeh is a good inside runner as well. He can run well from the singleback set like he did in Minny.

SD_Eagle5

I don't see a change in the top 4 of Brown, Gaffney, Pinky, and Lewis. I think Pinky will be fine. Lewis works for me at the #4. Just don't see getting down on a #3 who was thrust into the role of a #1, he matches up just fine with nickle backs.

The BIGSTUD

Well, if they were willing to pick up Walker, it tells me they are at least interested in bringing in a veteran. We'll see if anyone shakes loose in june.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on May 01, 2006, 01:01:02 AM
Well, if they were willing to pick up Walker, it tells me they are at least interested in bringing in a veteran. We'll see if anyone shakes loose in june.

Not going to happen unless they lose someone else to injury.  They drafted Avant because he was the most veteran-like of the WR's in the draft this year.  He has the best chance of coming in and making plays in the passing game year 1.

Give up, man.  Not going to happen.

Philly_Crew

I think their remaining need was at FB and will have to see how the UDFA out of Illinois does in training camp.  I think every "need" was addressed in the draft.  I could see them picking up Drew Olson if they don't feel good about Chang.

fansince61

PoopyfaceMcGee

fansince61