Artis Hicks traded to Minnesota

Started by SD_Eagle5, April 30, 2006, 11:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 11:52:04 AM
So we got TWO fourth rounders for Artis Hicks?!?!?

No, I farged up again, here's the deal:

Eagles Get
4th round, No. 115
6th round, No. 185

Vikings Get
4th round, No. 127
G Artis Hicks

PoopyfaceMcGee

So, what exactly did they give up along with #108 to move up to #99?  Just Hollis?

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Not disagreeing with the WR pick this late, but I would have rather have held onto Hicks. He's versatile and can fill in anywhere.

Dillen

So this deal was Hicks and pick 127 for Avant.

Sgt PSN

I wonder if the Eagles are going to be frequent traders with the Vikes now that Childress is HC up there just as we've been trading with GB alot. 

PhillyGirl

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 30, 2006, 11:58:20 AM
Not disagreeing with the WR pick this late, but I would have rather have held onto Hicks. He's versatile and can fill in anywhere.

Hicks sucked so bad last year. He was a rotating door to McNabb and when he wasn't, it was because he was holding and was called for it. Even Phreak, who LOVED Artis, admitted how bad he sucked.
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

PhillyPhreak54

Thomas
Herremans
Jackson
Andrews
Runyan
Clarke
Justice
Jean - Gilles

No where for him

Diomedes

Hicks wasn't going to push any of those guys out.  Obviously.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

BigEd76

We don't need him anymore.

Thomas, Jean-Gilles, Jackson, Andrews, Runyan
Justice, Herremans, Clarke, Fraley, Armstrong, Young, Darilek

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: PhillyGirl on April 30, 2006, 11:59:55 AM

Hicks sucked so bad last year. He was a rotating door to McNabb and when he wasn't, it was because he was holding and was called for it. Even Phreak, who LOVED Artis, admitted how bad he sucked.

He had a bad year, no doubt, but I like having a versatile player like that. I wouldn't be surprised if Childress makes him a Tackle.

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 11:59:55 AM

Thomas
Herremans
Jackson
Andrews
Runyan
Clarke
Justice
Jean - Gilles

No where for him

He's a better option than Clarke IMO because of his versatility and experience.

I'm no cap expert, but how much money did we free up by trading Hollis and Hicks?

Rome

Hicks sucked last year and as was said earlier, there was no more room on the team for him after the picks yesterday and today.

BigEd76

PhillyPhreak54

SD,

Clarke is a G/T too. He played LT at Ohio State

All of the Eagles OL, well not all, but most of them are versatile players who can play two or even all 3 spots.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Scott Young and Trey Darilek better keep their resumes up to date.  They're toast.  Armstrong, probably, too.