Eagles Draft 2006 - Day 2 Thread

Started by Diomedes, April 30, 2006, 10:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on April 30, 2006, 03:56:39 PM
I'd be okay with Olsen...but I think they have enough backup QBs at this point.

Yeah, they should take a FB.  :paranoid

Drunkmasterflex

I heard them say the Eagles made their selection and they still haven't shown it yet, wtf?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MDS

is that it? unless theres a trade?
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Seabiscuit36

"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

TexasEagle

Quote from: MDS on April 30, 2006, 04:07:39 PM
is that it? unless theres a trade?

What would they trade for? Anyway, that's all for this year. DOn't know anything about the last guy, but a great draft IMO.

PoopyfaceMcGee

PhillyandBCEagles

Yeah, I'm very happy with the draft.  I didn't like the Bunkley pick but that was in large part because I really wanted Justice and didn't think there was a chance in hell he'd be available for us later on, being able to get Justice anyway made me a lot happier with taking Bunkley in the first.  Bloom was a guy I wanted coming in so I was very happy to get him, I still wish we'd taken a big RB and would've much rather had Riggs in the 6th than Ramsey but overall I'm very happy with what we did.

mikey418

This might be one of the most successful drafts I think the Eagles may have had.  If you told me both Justice and Bunkley without much trading I would have laughed at you.  I also really like their 3rd pick and even the Avant/Bloom pick.  Both guys seem to have a very good "let's get to work" attitude.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PhillyandBCEagles

The thing I love is that with the exception of Gocong these guys are all from proven NFL factories...USC, FSU, Tennessee, Michigan, Colorado, Georgia.  I feel like the Eagles FO a lot of the time tries to get too "cute" on draft day taking guys out of Southwest Idaho A&M and I'm glad they didn't do that as much this year (sure, Herremans has worked out so far, but generally I think you're better off going with the major school guys).

Geowhizzer

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on April 30, 2006, 04:43:15 PM
The thing I love is that with the exception of Gocong these guys are all from proven NFL factories...USC, FSU, Tennessee, Michigan, Colorado, Georgia.  I feel like the Eagles FO a lot of the time tries to get too "cute" on draft day taking guys out of Southwest Idaho A&M and I'm glad they didn't do that as much this year (sure, Herremans has worked out so far, but generally I think you're better off going with the major school guys).

As did that guy from Villanova... what was his name again?

PhillyPhreak54

And that Saginaw Valley State guy too...

The BIGSTUD

Wright finally got taken by Miami and Shockley got taken too, by Atlanta.

Yeah, Atlanta really needs another Mike Vick that sucks even worse.  :-D
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.