Eagles Draft 2006 - Day 2 Thread

Started by Diomedes, April 30, 2006, 10:02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dillen

If DJ Shockley played more then one year at Georgia he'd be a day one pick. Do you just make stuff up as you go along? If Shockley was taken by us you'd love the guy.

The BIGSTUD

No he wouldn't, he stinks. Did you even watch a Georgia game this year? Doesn't sound like it.

I can't stand Shockley, and I wouldn't have liked it if we drafted him.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

How long did it take for them to sign Rookie FAs last season.  This year there are going to be some very good players that will be available.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 30, 2006, 05:25:46 PM
Next day.

No, I am pretty sure that it was the same day, I just couldn't remember how fast it was.  It is certain to be fast and furious this year.  I know they will find a player or two they always do.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Might've been the same day. YOu could be right.

TexasEagle

They start calling UDFAs as soon as the draft ends. First come first serve, there's no waiting on UDFAs.

Rome

They probably started calling guys the second after they picked Ramsey.  The might be weak in certain areas but picking quality street free agents isn't one of them.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

BigEd76

Still left:

Quarterbacks
Brett Basanez
Drew Olson
Bruce Eugene
Quinton Porter
Marcus Vick  :poison

Runningbacks
Andre Hall
DonTrell Moore
Mike Bell
Taurean Henderson
Gerald Riggs, Jr.

Fullbacks
Quadtrime Hill
Matt Bernstein
Rashon Powers-Neal

Wide Receivers
Martin Nance
Greg Lee
Jovon Bouknight
Ben Obomanu
Hank Baskett

Centers
Mike Degory
Patrick Ross

Defensive Ends
Eric Henderson

Outside Linebackers
Spencer Havner

Inside Linebackers
Kai Parham
Dale Robinson

Cornerbacks
Anwar Phillips
Darrell Hunter
Charles Gordon

PhillyandBCEagles

GET RIGGS

From that list I also really like Olson, Nance, Bell, Ross, Havner, and Phillips

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

Eagles_Legendz

BigEd, maybe you or Phreak or ge could answer a question for me: why is Chris Barclay not considered by anyone to be worthy of a late draft pick?

I know he's small for a RB, but he's fast,  was the ACC's offensive player of the year (against competition like V. Davis), and has been the best RB in the ACC for the past two seasons, and he can return kicks.  Any idea why he gets no pub?

BigEd76

Never really heard of him, but his bio isn't that favorable....

Obomanu to Seattle

EJ72

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 02:54:18 PM
Quote from: EJ72 on April 30, 2006, 02:52:45 PM
You all can have our soon to be former fullback, Polite. Yes, I'm kidding.

Just popping by to say congratulations on a nice draft so far. You've made some real nice moves. You'll have to tell Avant and Bloom to watch out for the the latest 'Skins safety, Doughboy. Doofy. Dopey. Whatever. :)

I know some of you were pretty disappointed with free agency, and hope this makes up for it.

Thanks. :yay

What are you thoughts on Dallas' draft?

Most of the Pokes fans I see on the MB are not too happy.

There are a lot of Cowboys fans who wanted to take an offensive tackle or free safety on day one, and they didn't get their wish.

Carpenter should be a good fit. Ware will be the primary pass rusher. A lot of fans wanted Lawson for his athletic ability, but he would be another conversion and would probably mean moving Ware to the weak side. Carpenter can slide right in, and he can also play with his hand on the ground.

I don't have any problems with Fasano. At first I was shaking my head wondering why, but after day one was over, Jones made it clear that we're going to be using two TE sets as our base offense. Hannam(Our free agent signee) is more of a straight blocker who could also be used as an H back. Fasano won't stretch the field, but he can block and make the tough catch in traffic.

Hatcher might have been a little early, but he was taken at the bottom of the third and evidently interest in him was strong from a couple of other teams. His drafting probably means goodbye to Kenyon Coleman who mostly played on run downs, and there's a chance it could be nearer the end of the road for Ellis as well. The DEs with Hatcher will be Canty, Hatcher, Ratliff, Spears and Ellis. Spears and Ratliff can also play some tackle.

Skyler Green I'm fine with. We need someone in the return game and have for years. Thompson is all right with KR duty, but it was late in the year before he figured out he could move in ways other than straight ahead. Green can also serve as the 4th or 5th receiver, and could eventually be a 3rd. Crayton's no lock for the long term.

Pat Watkins could be something of a steal by some accounts, but I'm not terribly familiar with him. Awful tall and long legged for a safety, but I can't see him being any worse than Keith Davis. A lot of fans wanted Ko Simpson, but that wonderlic score is supposed to have scared some teams off.

Montavious Stanley is fine with me. He can't do much more than stand there and take on blocks, but that's all he really needs to do in our D.

Pat McQuistan. Eh.

E.J. Whitley. Eh, but could develop into a jack of all trades backup.