The official Eagles draft day thread

Started by The BIGSTUD, April 29, 2006, 10:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigEd76

According to ESPN, Reebok received 15,000 requests for #5 Saints Bush jerseys already.  Bush is petitioning the league to be allowed to wear the number even though RBs aren't allowed to wear anything lower than #20....

QB Eagles

The league should say no and I'd be shocked if they didn't. Bush is already acting like he's too big to follow the rules. Screw him.

Don Ho

Quote from: QB Eagles on May 02, 2006, 01:02:15 AM
The league should say no and I'd be shocked if they didn't. Bush is already acting like he's too big to follow the rules. Screw him.

Give him #39 - nice goofy number for a RB.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: BigEd76 on May 02, 2006, 12:49:16 AM
According to ESPN, Reebok received 15,000 requests for #5 Saints Bush jerseys already.  Bush is petitioning the league to be allowed to wear the number even though RBs aren't allowed to wear anything lower than #20....

If they let him, then they have to let everyone.  He can declare as a WR and wear #15, or he can shut his hole.

PhillyandBCEagles

I agree they shouldn't change the rules just for him, but why not just get rid of number restrictions altogether??  There's really no reason to have them.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on May 02, 2006, 11:33:42 AM

I agree they shouldn't change the rules just for him, but why not just get rid of number restrictions altogether??  There's really no reason to have them.

That's exactly what I'm saying.  Either keep the rule for everyone, or abolish it for everyone.

Let Bunkley wear 52.

Wingspan

there is actually...it's to help the officials, especially with linemen and such...with eligible recievers...etc...

if you remove number restrictions...it would be really difficult for refs to determine eligible recievers.

although they have made some exceptions with Keyshawn #19

but they also denied Edgerrin James' request to wear #5 when he came up.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 02, 2006, 11:43:58 AM

That's exactly what I'm saying.  Either keep the rule for everyone, or abolish it for everyone.

Let Bunkley wear 52.

When exactly will Bunkley and Co. get issued there numbers.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 03:44:21 AM
A few league-wide draft observations by me:

2. What the hell was Chicago doing? I mean, come on. What was the Bears strength last year? Defense. What was the Bears weakness last year? Offense. What do the Bears do today? They trade out of the 1st and then take Danieal Manning, a defensive player. And then they pull a major head scratcher and reach like hell for Devin Hester. And then they go and take Dusty Dvoracek as if Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Israel Idonije and the others at DT aren't enough. Hey Lovie...here's a newsflash. You need a WR to take some heat off of Moose and you need a TE. You need offensive help unless you dig putting the onus on your defense for 60 minutes every damn week.

15. And finally, even though I could go on, I will end on the Texans draft. I absolutely love it so far. They get two solid OL back to back to start the 3rd. They get a stud DE in Super Mario and they get a solid LB in DeMeco Ryans. I've said from the jump that I didn't think they should take Reggie Bush and I still say that. They had much more pressing needs to be taken care of. The Winston and Spencer picks could be their best picks as far as value goes.

I agree with Chicago, I think Sinorice Moss would've been a perfect fit there. They passed on him.

I disagree about the Texans though. I think Bush was unquestionably the right pick. RB isn't their most pressing need, but Bush doesn't come along every year. He impacts the game more than Mario does. They need defense badly, but they could address DE somewhere else or in next year's draft.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

in a really good year mario williams will have 15 sacks and reggie bush will have 20 td's....whos the better pick
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

i can't stop laughing at your avatar
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on May 02, 2006, 11:43:58 AM

Let Bunkley wear 52.

Bunkley can wear #52 in the NFL.

And the reason for the numbers is for the officials. Well, it used to be. Back in the day they restricted who could wear what numbers for the officials.

I hate WRs wearing #'s in the teens.

And when Keyshawn petitioned the NFL to wear #19, they let him.

And I bet they let Reggie Bush wear #5 too. They feel sorry for him because he didn't go #1.

ice grillin you

i can't stop laughing at your avatar

i found it a week ago and havent stopped dying since

it truly is lol
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: LeWingspan on May 02, 2006, 11:47:23 AM
there is actually...it's to help the officials, especially with linemen and such...with eligible recievers...etc...

if you remove number restrictions...it would be really difficult for refs to determine eligible recievers.

So just restrict numbers in the 60s and 70s to OLs and no-one else...letting a RB or WR wear a number under 20 wouldn't confuse anyone, aside from the fact that no-one is going to confuse Reggie Bush with Max-Jean Gilles I'm pretty sure that QBs/Ks/Ps are eligible receivers anyway.