Previous topic - Next topic

cyberstorm

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 29, 2006, 10:36:31 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2006, 10:27:56 PM
Recap of the NFC East Day One's...

Eagles fans - Love the draft

Giants fans - Are totally ripping Accorsi apart. Hate their draft

Cowboys fans - Totally ripping apart their draft except the Carpenter pick

taterskin fans - Are totally sucking Gibbs' balls. But that doesn't shock me nor should it shock anyone here.

The Cowboys fans didn't like them getting Fasano, and the Giants didn't like Moss?  That is kind of suprising.

Its taking a DE in the 1st round(Kiwi) that we hate(there is no rational answer for this pick whatsoever)
I'm fine with the other 2 picks,and getting an extra 4
I guess I picked a bad time to stop sniffing glue

Everyone,find 1 minute each day to pray for Eaglefan 73

(Huge images removed. See this thread.)

PhillyPhreak54

The Cowboys fans, and if I was unfortunate enough to be one, should be mad that they got Fasano. They have Jason Witten and they still have no FS who is worth a shtein.

Father Demon

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2006, 09:41:29 PM
STL took another TE. -- Domonique Byrd

What're they, stupid?

Probably because they will be releasing Brandon Manumaleuna pretty soon.  Granted, replacing 1 with 2 doesn't seem very smart, but that's typical for the Rams....
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Father Demon

Not sure if it was posted already..  if it is, whoops.

Rams GM Armey Hospitalized

Rams GM hospitalized with pain in arm

ST. LOUIS - St. Louis Rams general manager Charley Armey was hospitalized on Saturday night, the first day of the NFL draft, after complaining about general weakness and pain in an arm.

Team spokesman Rick Smith said preliminary tests were normal, but that Armey would be kept overnight at Missouri Baptist Hospital.

Armey has been with the Rams since 1997 and is responsible for much of the player evaluation in the draft.

Hope he left really good notes for tomorrow   :-D
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 01:07:01 AM
The Cowboys fans, and if I was unfortunate enough to be one, should be mad that they got Fasano. They have Jason Witten and they still have no FS who is worth a shtein.

Yes but Dallas runs a lot of two tight end sets; and didn't they lose Campbell?
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

I'm sure it's been posted somewhere in the 50 pages of this thread, but here's a very concise breakdown of all the draft day trades made yesterday.  I assume they will update tomorrow also.

Also, here are Scouts Inc's top 5 on the board for day 2:
QuoteGabriel Watson, DT, Michigan
Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon
Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
Darnell Bing, S, USC

I'd take any one of them on the Eagles.  Even Watson, considering it's round 4.

Top players by position (also according to Scouts Inc):
QuoteQuarterbacks
Omar Jacobs, Bowling Green
Bruce Gradkowski, Toledo
Reggie McNeal, Texas A&M

Running backs
Jerome Harrison, Washington State
Leon Washington, Florida State
Andre Hall, South Florida

Fullbacks
Garret Mills, Tulsa
Lawrence Vickers, Colorado
Matt Bernstein, Wisconsin

Wide receivers
Demetrius Williams, Oregon
Jason Avant, Michigan
Brandon Marshall, Central Florida

Tight ends
Owen Daniels, Wisconsin
Tim Day, Oregon
TJ Williams, North Carolina St

Offensive tackles
Jonathan Scott, Texas-Austin
Ryan O'Callaghan, California
Guy Whimper, East Carolina

Offensive guards
Max Jean-Gilles, Georgia
Fred Matua, USC
Rob Sims, Ohio State

Centers
Greg Eslinger, Minnesota
William Montgomery, Virginia Tech
Marvin Philip, California

Defensive tackles
Gabriel Watson, Michigan
Rodrique Wright, Texas
Orien Harris, Miami (Fla.)

Defensive ends
Mark Anderson, Alabama
Victor Adeyanju, Indiana
Parys Haralson, Tennessee

Inside linebackers
Abdul Hodge, Iowa
Gerris Wilkinson, Georgia Tech
Leon Williams, Miami (Fla.)

Outside linebackers
Brandon Johnson, Louisville
A.J. Nicholson, Florida State
Omar Gaither, Tennessee

Cornerbacks
Alan Zemaitis, Penn State
Dee Webb, Florida
Demario Minter, Georgia

Safeties
Ko Simpson, South Carolina
Patrick Watkins, Florida State
Brian Iwuh, Colorado

Weird how they screwed up the ILB spot.
Ko Simpson was in the 1st in many mocks I saw.  I wonder why he's falling so far.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 30, 2006, 01:50:19 AM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 01:07:01 AM

Yes but Dallas runs a lot of two tight end sets; and didn't they lose Campbell?

Yes, and yes.

But still. You can find a good blocking TE who can do what Campbell did later on. And they still have that glaring hole at FS. I'm glad they took Fasano because it means they did not address their FS hole.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 30, 2006, 01:59:09 AM
I'm sure it's been posted somewhere in the 50 pages of this thread, but here's a very concise breakdown of all the draft day trades made yesterday.  I assume they will update tomorrow also.

Also, here are Scouts Inc's top 5 on the board for day 2:
QuoteGabriel Watson, DT, Michigan
Demetrius Williams, WR, Oregon
Max Jean-Gilles, OG, Georgia
Rodrique Wright, DT, Texas
Darnell Bing, S, USC

I'd take any one of them on the Eagles.  Even Watson, considering it's round 4.

Demetrius Williams
Jeff Webb
Brandon Marshall

I would like to see Williams added at #108. If he's gone then work down the list.

The BIGSTUD

I'd take Williams or Jean-Gilles in the 4th. We need a receiver though, no more lineman.

If Pinkston is starting in september I'm going to throw up. But there's still june first cuts ant 2nd day of the draft, so not to panic yet.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Even if the Eagles don't add anyone, Pinkston won't start.

The BIGSTUD

I don't know if anyone else thought the same thing, but Lendale White looks a lot like Carmelo Anthony.

and it pissed me off.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

A few league-wide draft observations by me:

1. Is Marv Levy nuts or just plain stupid? I like John McCargo and Donte Whitner. But Whitner at #8? And trading up to get McCargo in the 1st round? Crazy. To completely ignore Winston Justice when they have a converted TE in Jason Peters and Mike Gandy as the starting OTs is stupid. Getting Ashton Youboty in the 3rd was very nice. But hey, their stupidity is our gain. Thank you Crazy Marv. Maybe we'll send you a fruitbasket and some Metamucil to show our thanks.

2. What the hell was Chicago doing? I mean, come on. What was the Bears strength last year? Defense. What was the Bears weakness last year? Offense. What do the Bears do today? They trade out of the 1st and then take Danieal Manning, a defensive player. And then they pull a major head scratcher and reach like hell for Devin Hester. And then they go and take Dusty Dvoracek as if Tommie Harris, Tank Johnson, Israel Idonije and the others at DT aren't enough. Hey Lovie...here's a newsflash. You need a WR to take some heat off of Moose and you need a TE. You need offensive help unless you dig putting the onus on your defense for 60 minutes every damn week.

3. Mathias Kiwanuka at #32 for the Jints? Ok, I know that Gappy Toof is winding down his great career and all but you drafted Justin Tuck last year. And you have Osi Umenyiora. And even though Gappy is about done he is still playing at a high level. I know all about having fastballs to throw at an offense, but there were other spots that should've been addressed at that spot. Namely finding a LT not named Luke Petitgout. But once again, lets thank another team for passing on Justice. The pickup of Sinorice Moss was nice since Toomer is about done. They have nothing other than Burress at the WR spot. Taylor and Tyree are nice players, but not #2's.

4. I liked the Jets first three picks (Brick, Mangold and Clemens) but why Schlegel in the 3rd? Why Eric Smith?

5. Davin Joseph 23rd overall? Does Bruce Allen and Jon Gruden have a clue? I've said this since those two got back together in Tampa and I don't think they do. Joseph is a nice player. But do you really need another OG, Gruden? You need an OT not named Kenyatta Walker. They did draft Jeremy Trueblood but I don't like him. I like the Stovall pick even though it ruined my night. I was hoping he'd slip to 108 for us.

6. I kinda like what the Rams did. They needed a guy like Tye Hill and if Wroten is mature enough then he will be a steal. Klopfenstein is nice too, but was Byrd really necessary?

7. Absolutely love what the 49ers did today. David, Lawson and Williams were solid picks.

8. Why did AJ Smith draft Charlie Whitehurst in the 3rd round when he has Rivers and Feeley? Don't worry, I'll answer this for you. Because he's a dope. Nice pickup in getting McNeill though. And he better hope Cromartie is ready to roll. I think he will be and if he is - he could be very, very good.

9. Santonio Holmes at #25 + Willie Reid and Anthony Smith? Solid job, Chin.

10. I think Roman Harper was a reach at 43 for NO.

11. The Pats pick of David Thomas puzzles me. You have Graham and Watson...why take Thomas? The Jackson pick was solid because they took him where he shouldve gone - in the 2nd round. And the Maroney pick was a little shocking, but Dillon could be getting close to being done. At least they have insurance now when/if Corey gets hurt.

12. I don't like the Vikings draft at all. No sir, don't like it.

13. Brodie Croyle was a solid pick for Herm and Carl Peterson. Hali was a little higher than expected and I though they should've gone DB there. And when they did go DB in the 2nd, I thought it was a tad high for Pollard. He can hit and he will help them, but they couldve take Darryl Tapp at 54 and then taken Jonathan Joseph in round 1.

14. Like the Addai pick a lot. Don't like the Jennings and Keiaho picks for Polian.

15. And finally, even though I could go on, I will end on the Texans draft. I absolutely love it so far. They get two solid OL back to back to start the 3rd. They get a stud DE in Super Mario and they get a solid LB in DeMeco Ryans. I've said from the jump that I didn't think they should take Reggie Bush and I still say that. They had much more pressing needs to be taken care of. The Winston and Spencer picks could be their best picks as far as value goes.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 30, 2006, 03:44:21 AM
15. And finally, even though I could go on, I will end on the Texans draft. I absolutely love it so far. They get two solid OL back to back to start the 3rd. They get a stud DE in Super Mario and they get a solid LB in DeMeco Ryans. I've said from the jump that I didn't think they should take Reggie Bush and I still say that. They had much more pressing needs to be taken care of. The Winston and Spencer picks could be their best picks as far as value goes.

I agree.  I thought the reports of them taking a RB in the early 2nd were downright silly, and I think it's good for them that they didn't.  Great draft so far for them.

hunt

QuoteCZAR'S FRONT OFFICE TAKE: Brodrick Bunkley bench-pressed 225 pounds only 44 times. He also had a record 25 tackles for losses last season for Florida State, which has had three starters selected in the last six selections. Bunkley fits defensive coordinator Jim Johnson's scheme and he should be in the rotation this season at defensive tackle. The Eagles are still in the running to trade with the Packers for WR Javon Walker and maybe that's why Andy Reid passed on a receiver with this pick. Fans can expect on a run on defensive players now because that's where the best value is. Reid decided against USC OT Winston Justice, who has some character issues.

SCHRAGER ON THE SCENE: Ah, after an annoying three minutes of a convoluted E-A-G-L- (still going) -E-S chant, the Jets fans revolt. After all, the J-E-T-S, JETS! JETS! chant is their bread and butter. Like Denise Richards and Heather Locklear bumping into each other at a Whole Foods, the two fan bases are forced to clash. The Jets fans quickly unite, mobilize, and rock Radio City Muic Hall with an "Eagles Suck" chant. But they're just getting started. This is THEIR city — we're a long way from the Liberty Bell and cheesesteaks. After some back and forth, the Jets fans drop the proverbial hammer-delivering a room-rocking "Terrell Owens, Terrell Owens" chant. The Eagles faithful have nothing to say in response. And with that, they select Brodrick Bunkley.
lemonade was a popular drink and it still is

PoopyfaceMcGee

QuoteReid decided against USC OT Winston Justice, who has some character issues.

Ha!