Video of Irvin's Injury at the Vet

Started by MDS, April 23, 2006, 02:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDS

Classic Fun

-6 minute video of the play and subsequent fun
-Madden and Summerall announce it, can't get much better than that
-Revisiting the likes ofTim Hauck, Steve Martin, Bubba Miller and Bobby "The Vadge" Taylor
-Gay Deion leads to stupid prayer group

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

PhillyPhreak54

Several things:

1. I am glad you posted that. Not because I am some barbaric non-human piece of Philly scum like Dallas, Washington and NYG fans think all Eagles fans are.

But because it showed (and you could hear) that it wasn't as bad as the legend has made it out to be over the years. You read or listen to people talk about it now and much like the Santa Claus thing, it has grown. Now you see people make it sound like all 67K people were cheering and booing and making a mockery of the whole thing. Not the case. And when he's wheeled off you can hear the cheers like in any other stadium when an injured player is rolled off/walks off. Now, you do hear a good amount of cheers when the stretcher first comes out. But other than that - it is not as bad as it has been made out to be over the years.

2. Did you hear Summerall ask Madden if he saw Modano's injury? And John gives him no response. :-D Its like you can imagine the pinwheel in Madden's brain going "uhhhh, who is Mike Modano? what are boards? BOOM!"

Diomedes

So now that I've watched that over and over again, I think Timmy had very little to do with the injury.  Irvin ducked and drove himself into the turf.  If he had just taken the hit from Hauck, he would have gotten back up and continued on.

So now I have only Irvin to thank for his injury, which annoys me.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Diomedes on April 23, 2006, 09:44:36 AM
So now I have only Irvin to thank for his injury, which annoys me.

You still thank the Concrete Field.  :)

Rome

First time I've seen this video since it happened.  Good stuff.  Too bad that crackhead didn't die right then and there.

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

Diomedes

I farging love the Philadelphia Eagles.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Rome

Awesome.  Barry Switzer was a dumbass.   :-D

MDS

The 4th and 1 is classic Madden. Those were the days where he was actually a good color guy. Now he's just a cliche machine who says overally obvious things.

Two more:

Vick meets Dawkins

Merrill's call on Westbrook's return against the Giants

Diomedes

While you're searching, see if you can find a collage of all the Dawplexes.

and oh, yeah:  I was at the Meadowlands when Westbrook took that punt back for the win.  Best sports memory so far.

hbionic

I'm a little disappointed though in the Irvin injury video. There was plenty of time and he was plenty open while being wheeled into the ambulance to have quite a few beers thrown at him. Hoydas.  :P
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

hbionic

Quote from: MDS on April 23, 2006, 11:54:42 AM
Found more:

Sheldon lays out Reggie Swinton. Twice.

I'm proud to say I was at that game. (Thanks PG & MURP)...

Sadistic summerall....'let's listen to that last Sheldon Brown hit again...' :-D
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

General_Failure

Man, those videos from the Vet look so old now.

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhreak54

Hey videobitch, I mean MDS, .....how about you see if you can find Tim Hauck murdering Joe Horn at the Super Dome in 2001. Thanks. :P

MDS

probably don't have it. you can search for it on youtube yourself, dingus. i just posted some videos listed under "philadelphia eagles." wow.