Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 29, 2006, 01:01:10 PM
Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 29, 2006, 12:53:55 PMMaybe Mr. Ed will enlighten us.

The horse?

I'm not listening to Eagles Live because people are complaining about audio problems.

I had the same problems so I said farg it. Thought maybe you had some inside info from Mr. NC.

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

let me help there phreak...

please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Displaced

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 29, 2006, 11:17:16 AM
Well the rumors are the Packers turned down a 2nd from the Broncos and Lelie. That to me is the same thing as a 2nd and a 4th and if they offered the pick they got from San Fran then it's even better than that offer.

We need to blow the Packers away so a bidding war doesn't start. Eagles will fold in a bidding war.

Yeah but Lelie may have been the deal breaker in that one.

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks, Sun. We need all the help we can get today.

Please, please, please, please, please trade for Javon Walker, Andy.

For the love of cheesesteaks and beer get him in Philadelphia.

Drunkmasterflex

I'll help as well please, please, please, please, please!  :evil :evil :evil :evil :evil
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

This is second hand info, but someone on the EMB reported Reid said its just a matter of working out some minor details. As always take it FWIW.

mpmcgraw

por favor por favor por favor por favor por favor por favor por favor

PhillyPhreak54

SunMo

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 29, 2006, 01:19:38 PM
This is second hand info, but someone on the EMB reported Reid said its just a matter of working out some minor details. As always take it FWIW.

the way Andy Reid understates shtein..minor details are probably the draft picks and players for compensation
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 29, 2006, 01:22:24 PM

the way Andy Reid understates shtein..minor details are probably the draft picks and players for compensation

boo! Don't rain on our parade.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 29, 2006, 01:22:24 PM

Unfortunately correct. haha.

SD_Eagle5

PE.com Walker in Philly

QuoteWR WALKER IN PHILLY FOR VISIT 

April 29, 2006
By ZACH BERMAN

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid confirmed to PhiladelphiaEagles.com on Saturday morning that the Eagles have an interest in Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker, who's requested a trade.
"We're communicating," Reid said. "It's a matter of a couple scenarios and we just have to work through it and see how it works today."

WR Javon Walker 
Walker, a Pro Bowler in 2004, missed 15 games last season with a knee injury. In that 2004 season, though, he had 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns. He's since refused to play for the Packers, and reports have linked Walker and the Eagles throughout the off-season.

Reid did not discuss specifics about the parameters of a deal or whether Walker's come to Philadelphia for a physical.

"There's a chance of (Walker coming to Philadelphia)," Reid said. "He'll come in for a physical if it gets down to that point."

Between now and then, the Eagles sit comfortably with six picks in the first four rounds. It allows the Eagles flexibility to either draft prospects or acquire a veteran like Walker.

"It's always a crazy day on draft day," Reid said. "That's another little wrinkle we're looking at."

Printer friendly

Email this story

Previous Articles

XML/Podcast

Displaced

Quote from: SD_Eagle on April 29, 2006, 01:25:38 PM
PE.com Walker in Philly

QuoteWR WALKER IN PHILLY FOR VISIT 

April 29, 2006
By ZACH BERMAN

Philadelphia Eagles head coach Andy Reid confirmed to PhiladelphiaEagles.com on Saturday morning that the Eagles have an interest in Green Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker, who's requested a trade.
"We're communicating," Reid said. "It's a matter of a couple scenarios and we just have to work through it and see how it works today."

WR Javon Walker 
Walker, a Pro Bowler in 2004, missed 15 games last season with a knee injury. In that 2004 season, though, he had 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns. He's since refused to play for the Packers, and reports have linked Walker and the Eagles throughout the off-season.

Reid did not discuss specifics about the parameters of a deal or whether Walker's come to Philadelphia for a physical.

"There's a chance of (Walker coming to Philadelphia)," Reid said. "He'll come in for a physical if it gets down to that point."

Between now and then, the Eagles sit comfortably with six picks in the first four rounds. It allows the Eagles flexibility to either draft prospects or acquire a veteran like Walker.

"It's always a crazy day on draft day," Reid said. "That's another little wrinkle we're looking at."

Printer friendly

Email this story

Previous Articles

XML/Podcast

As tight lipped as Reid is I would say Walker already has his locker picked out.

PhillyPhreak54