Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Eagles | Team checking out J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 18:25:15 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker is being checked out by Philadelphia Eagles trainers in the Boston area Friday, April 28.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

NGM

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 28, 2006, 09:30:39 PM
Jonathan Orr's the one I'd most like to see them get.

Are you making fun of me sir?  If not you are the first person I saw agree with me on that one. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

The BIGSTUD

WALKER GOES HOME

After trips to New Orleans and Denver, receiver Javon Walker is heading home.

Opting not to follow through on a visit to New England after the Broncos previously persuded him to delay his visit, Walker is (we're told) tired or traveling.

Meanwhile, we hear that the Saints, Broncos, and Pats are each offering up a second-round pick for Walker.  Green Bay is still insisting on a first-rounder.

Then there is this.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

MURP

Orr is a headcase.  Id be surprised if Reid goes that way after dealing with TO. 

SunMo

QuoteEagles | Walker will meet with team Saturday
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 21:42:43 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker is expected to meet with the Philadelphia Eagles Saturday, April 29.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

PhillyPhreak54

One thing, in my opinion, to watch out for today is this:

If the Saints decide to capitalize on holding the #2 pick with Reggie Bush still on the board they could be in a position to acquire Javon Walker for what Green Bay is asking for - a 1st round pick.

Let's say that the Jets want Bush. And let's say that the Jets trade their 4th overall pick and the 29th overall pick to New Orleans to make the jump to #2. Yeah it doesn't work out on the Trade Value Chart (#2 = 2600 points. #4 [2200] + #29 [720]) but if NY is desperate to add Reggie they could go above the value.

So that leave the Saints with the 4th overall pick and the 29th overall pick.

They could draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson 4th overall and then trade the 29th pick to the Packers for Walker.

And we know the Saints are interested in Walker because he visited there.

Something to keep an eye on.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 29, 2006, 02:10:56 AM
One thing, in my opinion, to watch out for today is this:

If the Saints decide to capitalize on holding the #2 pick with Reggie Bush still on the board they could be in a position to acquire Javon Walker for what Green Bay is asking for - a 1st round pick.

Let's say that the Jets want Bush. And let's say that the Jets trade their 4th overall pick and the 29th overall pick to New Orleans to make the jump to #2. Yeah it doesn't work out on the Trade Value Chart (#2 = 2600 points. #4 [2200] + #29 [720]) but if NY is desperate to add Reggie they could go above the value.

So that leave the Saints with the 4th overall pick and the 29th overall pick.

They could draft D'Brickashaw Ferguson 4th overall and then trade the 29th pick to the Packers for Walker.

And we know the Saints are interested in Walker because he visited there.

Something to keep an eye on.

Good observation.  I still can't believe any one would give up a #1 for Walker.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, the Saints could also get the early 2nd from the Jets (closer to correct trade value) and trade THAT for Walker.

FYI and FWIW:
QuoteWALK ON

The New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos and Green Bay Packers are going to have an extraordinarily busy draft day. And not just with draft prospects.

Each of the three teams is discussing a draft-day deal with the Packers to land the wide receiver coming off a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

Javon Walker spent Friday visiting with the Broncos, who tried keeping him in Denver. But somehow, the Patriots wrestled him away, and now, New England and Philadelphia's trainers will administer physicals to Walker in the Boston area.

But Walker's medical reports already checked out in other cities he visited.

So, the Eagles sent trainers up to Boston to check out Walker today.  Very interesting.

MURP

SD_Eagle5

From Chris Steuber the draft guru guy with his own section on the EMB:

QuoteJavon's in Philly meeting with the team and taking a physical this morning.

Chris

SD_Eagle5

And FYI NFL channel is reporting the same thing. Javon Walker is in Philly this morning.

The BIGSTUD

Excellent. Now we just need to push for him like a child birth and get him in Philly. As long as it doesn't completely destroy their draft plans, they should do whatever it takes to get him. Start offering picks next year. They want 2 2nds then offer our 2nd this year and one next year. IMO it's worth the risk because he's so good. Meanwhile I'm sure the Eagles could do something in the meantime to get a 2nd round pick for next year back. They are good at trading for future picks.

SD_Eagle5

I wouldn't trade 2 2nd's for a guy coming off an ACL injury. A 2nd and a 4th would get it done IMO.