Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

reese125

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 28, 2006, 02:39:30 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 02:35:52 PM
veedee alone is worth the second rounder and lelie...and on top of that they get walker and a pick

No, they get V.D. (pick #5) and Walker only.  Green Bay gets Lelie, the #15 pick, the #37 pick, and another pick (probably a 2007 first day pick).  It's really a very fair deal and will be lopsided in Green Bay's favor if Walker is not 100% this year.  Lelie is the perfect receiver for a wild QB like Favre.  "Go long, and I'll chuck it deep to a defender."

ice grillin you

No, they get V.D. (pick #5) and Walker only.

they are getting walker and the right to get vd (by moving up) for lelie and a second rounder

Green Bay gets Lelie, the #15 pick, the #37 pick, and another pick (probably a 2007 first day pick). 

gb gets the 15th pick but you dont really count that as thats 10 spots worse than #5...

the swap of first rounder favors denver big time

lelie and a #2 for walker = favors denver slightly and could favor them HUGE

all together = denver wins big
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

reese125

Green Bay Inks DT Kenderick Allen

Adding an experienced run-stopper to their defensive line, the Green Bay Packers Wednesday signed free agent Kenderick Allen. Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations Ted Thompson announced the addition.

Allen, a 6-foot-5, 328-pound defensive tackle out of Louisiana State, joins the Packers from the New York Giants, where he spent the previous two seasons.

In a reserve role, Allen played in 14 total games last year, recording 21 tackles (15 solo), two sacks and two fumble recoveries. In a division contest at Philadelphia (Dec. 11), he recovered a Mike McMahon fumble in overtime to give New York possession on the Eagles' 27-yard line, setting up the game-winning field goal.

Overall in three NFL seasons, Allen has played in 29 games with three starts, amassing 51 tackles (40 solo), three sacks and a pair of fumble recoveries.

A nondrafted free agent, Allen originally entered the NFL with the New Orleans Saints in 2003. He joined the Giants on waivers in 2004.

Well, now I think they have 6 or 7 DT's total in the rotation-after Grady Jackson . Having a hard time seeing where Hollis Thomas fits in here

The BIGSTUD

Broncos | Need to come up with a better offer for J. Walker
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:12:32 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the Denver Broncos are interested in Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker, but they need to improve their offer to have a chance to acquire him. The Packers probably don't want WR Ashley Lelie of the Broncos in a trade so Denver will have to do some scrambling to pull off a deal for Walker.

Packers | Not looking good for Walker trade
Fri, 28 Apr 2006 13:09:46 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports it does not appear the Green Bay Packers will be trading WR Javon Walker before the NFL Draft. The Packers won't settle for just a second-round pick. The New Orleans Saints showed some interest in Walker but don't except a trade there. The Philadelphia Eagles and New England Patriots are in the background but the price might be tough to meet.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Packers aren't getting anything of higher value than a 2nd rounder, so... oh, well.

We'll see how this all shakes out closer to training camp.

The BIGSTUD

If all the teams that want him address their receiver needs in the draft, the market will even be thinner than it is now.

I say if he's not traded by monday he won't be dealt at all.

PoopyfaceMcGee

No one's going to address any receiver *needs* with this draft.

Santonio's the only guy that's anywhere close to NFL-ready as a receiver.

Walker might have a lot more trade value if teams don't feel they're up against the wall with little time to evaluate his injury.  Also, his injury is definitely not healed as of now, but as it improves, his value should go up too.  Plus, injuries happen to other teams' receivers in minicamps/training camp/pre-season also.

I'd say Walker definitely gets traded SOMEWHERE, eventually.

The BIGSTUD

If Denver drafts Chad Jackson, and then trade for Walker, then what would they have drafted Chad Jackson for? They would've spent the 14th pick overall for their 3rd receiver? Assuming Lelie is their #2 after Smith leaves?

If teams take receivers early, they take them because they think they wll have an immediate impact or the following season they will come in and start.

Plus if Walker is dealt after the draft, then e'd have to be traded for next year's draft choices, and I don't think anyone will give that up not knowing where they'll be picking a year from tomorrow.

It'll probably come down to the deals that were originally rumored. Something like Darwin Walker and a 6th or Lelie and a 6th. No one IMO is going to give up a pick in rounds 1-3 and maybe 4 not knowing how good their draft selections will be next season. Then Green Bay probably wouldn't accept the offers.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Lelie's leaving at some point this year or next anyway.  They could use both Jackson and Walker in 2007 and beyond.

BTW, I'm hearing rumors that the Eagles are actually high on Jackson.  Meh.

reese125

based on?

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 28, 2006, 05:12:18 PM
Lelie's leaving at some point this year or next anyway.  They could use both Jackson and Walker in 2007 and beyond.

BTW, I'm hearing rumors that the Eagles are actually high on Jackson.  Meh.

I really like Jackson. Of course it's nothing but a crapshoot with the draft, but I think he'd make a really good receiver here. I've said before if we can't trade up for Bunkley or Ngata then we should draft Jackson.

I think he'd start too.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 28, 2006, 04:55:22 PM
No one's going to address any receiver *needs* with this draft.

Walker might have a lot more trade value if teams don't feel they're up against the wall with little time to evaluate his injury.  Also, his injury is definitely not healed as of now, but as it improves, his value should go up too.  Plus, injuries happen to other teams' receivers in minicamps/training camp/pre-season also.

I'd say Walker definitely gets traded SOMEWHERE, eventually.

I don't think this draft is quite as weak at WR as some perceive.  There are some guys that are going to be had in the 2nd and beyond that I think are going to be fine NFL receivers.  I think Greg Lee is going to be a steal for someone, there are also guys like Stovall, D. Williams, Baskett, and T. Wilson that are going to make some plays as rookies.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee