Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

So, you have to figure he'd be equally unhappy if traded and didn't receive a new deal.

with his knee injury tho the circumstances are quite different...he shouldnt have to sign a small one year deal but he also cant expect to be looking for what he was pre injury

if im the eagles offer him like seven million on a one year deal...its gets you a look at him and negotiating rights for the next contract...its not like they dont have the loot
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 11:11:15 AM
if im the eagles offer him like seven million on a one year deal...its gets you a look at him and negotiating rights for the next contract...its not like they dont have the loot

Wouldn't happen.  Either they'll go long-term, so they have the contract to keep him should he prove healthy and perform well, or they'd up his one-year deal only slightly.  Giving a guy $7m for his first year off a major injury is outright ridiculous.  Because if he ends up earning that money, he's just going to the highest bidder next year.  If they'd renegotiate him, they'd put injury/production clauses in the contract so that the deal could benefit both sides.

ice grillin you

i know it would never happen but its not ridiculous at all...they have 17 mil to spend this year....they will go into the season with much more than seven mil that will not be spent in season...therefore load it up to walker and at the end of the season its right back on the books...what did you lose?...same thing with corey simon last year...what would you have lost by signing him for 5 mil

of course i would only do this if it meant getting him vs not getting him

and sevne is an arbitrary number i threw out...if he would do a one year deal for five do five

SidFarkus

McNabb was on CSN this morning saying that he hopes the team goes after Walker and that he thinks he make a big impact here...

The last time #5 asked for a WR he got it...
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

NGM

Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.

reese125

sources close to the organization have said that the Packers have reached an agreement with Denver to send the #5 (aka Vernon Davis) and Javon Walker to Denver, for Ashley Lelie, their 1st Rd. pick (15), their early 2nd Rd. pick (5) and a pick to be named later.

Heres your latest and greatest rumor I just read. The source also said the person that posted this (on the GB message board) also knew about the Woodson signing way before it happened. Take it FWIW, Im just putting it out there. Although I cant see why anyone would let a physical freak like Vernon Davis slip away. He creates way too many mismatches for any team and no doubt will be a stud. i know Lelie and Walker cant.

Also, the hot topic yesterday on Sirius with was all about the Eagles in serious talks with GB and when commented by a caller about talks being cut off-- they said it was just to come back with a more significant offer for him. F-in rumors--just get it over with.

ice grillin you

so denver gives a 2nd and lelie to move up to five

AND gets walker

i dont think so

unless the named later pick is a first rounder next year or something

PoopyfaceMcGee

Lelie's value is not THAT much less than Walker's right now (because of Walker's injury status).  If that deal actually happened, the pick to be named would probably be a 2007 2nd or 3rd rounder.  Definitely not a 1st.

ice grillin you

thats a no brainer for denver...they hate lelie anyway

veedee alone is worth the second rounder and lelie...and on top of that they get walker and a pick

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: reese125 on April 28, 2006, 02:25:37 PM
sources close to the organization have said that the Packers have reached an agreement with Denver to send the #5 (aka Vernon Davis) and Javon Walker to Denver, for Ashley Lelie, their 1st Rd. pick (15), their early 2nd Rd. pick (5) and a pick to be named later.

Heres your latest and greatest rumor I just read. The source also said the person that posted this (on the GB message board) also knew about the Woodson signing way before it happened. Take it FWIW, Im just putting it out there. Although I cant see why anyone would let a physical freak like Vernon Davis slip away. He creates way too many mismatches for any team and no doubt will be a stud. i know Lelie and Walker cant.

Also, the hot topic yesterday on Sirius with was all about the Eagles in serious talks with GB and when commented by a caller about talks being cut off-- they said it was just to come back with a more significant offer for him. F-in rumors--just get it over with.

What GB message board?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SunMo

no shtein it's a no brainer for Denver, it's a total rape job
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 02:35:52 PM
veedee alone is worth the second rounder and lelie...and on top of that they get walker and a pick

No, they get V.D. (pick #5) and Walker only.  Green Bay gets Lelie, the #15 pick, the #37 pick, and another pick (probably a 2007 first day pick).  It's really a very fair deal and will be lopsided in Green Bay's favor if Walker is not 100% this year.  Lelie is the perfect receiver for a wild QB like Favre.  "Go long, and I'll chuck it deep."

reese125

supposedly someone from the GB message board put it out there. I got this news from the Huddle. NO idea if its true, but   what is wrote could actually fly-- so again take it as just a rumor for us to keep pounding away on.

Rome

Quote from: reese125 on April 28, 2006, 02:25:37 PM

Highway robbery for Denver.  No way that happens.