Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Packers | Thompson says trade report not accurate
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 15:41:41 -0700

Tom Silverstein, of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, reports Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson said an ESPN report that the Packers have given WR Javon Walker permission to seek a trade is inaccurate. The Packers have given teams permission to visit with Walker, but Thompson said it was just a part of the process of fielding offers from other teams. Asked if the odds were that Walker would be traded, Thompson said, "No. I would not think the odds are in favor of that happening. We're just following up on things. I don't necessarily feel this will end in anything. We're going through the process." Thompson did not say that he wouldn't trade Walker, only that it was unlikely it would happen.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

hbionic

This thread is like reverse masturbation. I don't know what that is, but it would probably feel like this.
I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

The BIGSTUD

shtein, I'll reverse masturbate in public if we get Walker.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

reese125

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the Denver Broncos will visit with Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker Friday, April 28.

Saints | Team visiting with J. Walker
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:53:38 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports the New Orleans Saints will visit with Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker Thursday, April 27.

Once again the Eagles will wait until everyone else caters to him, wine and dines him, and throws hookers at him. We should of been the first ones in for a visit if talks were really serious with GB. Lets wait until Miami and NE get at him too. Cracks me up

BigEd76

Or they're waiting to see what other teams are telling Walker they're going to offer....

The BIGSTUD

Eagles | Team losing interest in J. Walker
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 21:11:35 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports whatever interest the Philadelphia Eagles had in Green Bay Packers WR Javon Walker appears to be gone. According to several reports, the Eagles offered the Packers DT Hollis Thomas and a late-round draft pick. The Packers reportedly wanted a first-round pick, but may be willing to settle for a second-round pick and a conditional high-round pick.

Not sure if he has sources or just his opinion.

Heckert on WIP sure didn't sound like a GM of a team that lost interest in Walker.

Don Ho

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 27, 2006, 02:31:16 PM
I wouldn't take him here for free. Pinkston is better.

Remember when Denver drafted WR Marcus Nash from Tennessee a few years ago?  Guy never amounted to shtein  Looks like Denver is about as successful as the birds in picking WR's(Reggie Brown excluded).
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

bobbyinlondon

I'm thorugh with the Walker crap. There's just too much speculation. You have Thompson saying they're not going to trade him, even after ESPN says he's going to visit a couple of teams. IMHO, he's screwed this up royally, if they were ever hoping to trade him. Waiting too close to the draft to let teams try to give him a physical, and then work out a contract extension, etc.--this should have been done weeks ago.

henchmanUK

Nay. No way they trade for someone who's had such a severe injury, esp. with McNabb, Pinkston and Westbrook's injuries last year.
"The drunkenness, the violence, the nihilism: the Eagles should really be an English football team, not an American one." - Financial Times, London

Eagles 3x

Quote from: henchmanUK on April 28, 2006, 06:03:32 AM
Nay. No way they trade for someone who's had such a severe injury, esp. with McNabb, Pinkston and Westbrook's injuries last year.
I hope and pray that you are correct.
member since Aug. 21, 03. I am the KING of the Lurking Bastiches!!

reese125

From JS Online: FWIW

The fact Thompson is allowing Walker to meet with the two teams - both of which presumably wouldn't do a deal unless they were able to see how the torn anterior cruciate ligament in Walker's right knee was healing - means he is open to a trade. But it might all be a fishing expedition Thompson has orchestrated in an attempt to show Walker that interest in him isn't that great and that he would be best served playing out the final year of his contract in Green Bay.

Circumstances, however, don't suggest a deal getting done.

First, there is Thompson's reluctance to allow a disgruntled player to force his way out of Green Bay. Cornerback Mike McKenzie was able to do it when Mike Sherman was general manager and if Walker can do it, the Packers are likely to run into this problem again.

Then there is the difficulty of trading a player with one year left on his contract. Any team that acquires him is going to want to extend his deal so that its investment doesn't go to waste after one year.

ice grillin you

Then there is the difficulty of trading a player with one year left on his contract. Any team that acquires him is going to want to extend his deal so that its investment doesn't go to waste after one year.

i dont agree with that...the eagles would love to get him for one year and see how he recovers....then sign him long term if all is well...imo this is the reason they wont get him as there are going to be other teams that will be willing to lock him up for big money from the get go
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MadMarchHare

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 09:21:47 AM

i dont agree with that...the eagles would love to get him for one year and see how he recovers....then sign him long term if all is well...imo this is the reason they wont get him as there are going to be other teams that will be willing to lock him up for big money from the get go

Case in point:  Jabar Gaffney.  Not an injury, true, but the same situation.
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Very true.  The Eagles would like to keep him for a year on his current deal, I'm sure... but his complaint with Green Bay isn't just Favre and Green Bay.  The money is the underlying cause.  So, you have to figure he'd be equally unhappy if traded and didn't receive a new deal.