Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: phillywin2k5 on April 27, 2006, 11:21:52 AM
I say offer them 2 4ths this year and get this thing done with.

Pure genius!  Why didn't Andy think of that?  Get his fat ass on the phone!

Beermonkey

what a joke offering a decling fat ass like Hollis and a 6th round DP. thats like offering 2 6ths. I say offer them 2 4ths this year and get this thing done with. Better than what this team has done in the draft.

It all depends on what news source you want to believe. I really don't believe the reports of Hollis & Hicks or the Hollis +6th round pick. If you believe Eskin, he said the Eagles were offering either a 3rd or 4th, while the Broncos were dangling a 2nd or a 3rd.

dis12

nyet  as nice as it would be to see Walker in Eagles green, it will not happen.   one of the other teams will somehow up the ante to a 3rd rounder (maybe a late 2nd?), which the Eagles will not match!....and correctly so....although I still hold out hope.

C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 27, 2006, 05:17:16 AM
A 3rd round pick would get this thing done.  Thomas or Hicks and a 4th would probably get it done.

The Packers are starting their negotiations with a 1st rounder, but they can't seriously expect a 1st in return for Walker.  They spent the 22nd pick on him 4 years ago and now they really expect the 14th pick this year... after their guy has a busted ACL?  No way they expect that to stick.

Same as negotiating your salary at a new job.  You ask for $65-70K knowing damn well that you really want $55-60K.

what a joke offering a decling fat ass like Hollis and a 6th round DP. thats like offering 2 6ths. I say offer them 2 4ths this year and get this thing done with. Better than what this team has done in the draft.

First of all the Eagles DON'T HAVE a 6th round pick to trade--they're 6th is a comp pick--which you cannot trade.

Second of all, I'd say that the reson he is visiting the Broncos and Saints is that they have WRs that they're trying to trade and they can be part of the package. The Saints can trade Stallworth and a 4th (because they have no 3rd) and the Broncos can trade Lelie and a 3rd or 4th. The Eagles have no WR that they can trade. I guess they could have traded Rod Hood, but them signing Woodson took care of that need.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on April 27, 2006, 11:54:50 AM
The Eagles have no WR that they can trade.

Sure, they do.  Anyone but Brown or Gaffney could be dealt IMO.  Pinkston or Lewis, most notably.  Their value isn't as good as Stallworth's or Lelie's, but either guy *could* be traded.

MadMarchHare

They can have Billy Mac.  He's big, has three years in the WCO and a lot of upside.  We might not even have to throw in a pick....
Anyone but Reid.

Drunkmasterflex

I would say that there chances of landing him at this point are about 5%.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

bobbyinlondon

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 27, 2006, 11:58:23 AM
Quote from: bobbyinlondon on April 27, 2006, 11:54:50 AM
The Eagles have no WR that they can trade.

Sure, they do.  Anyone but Brown or Gaffney could be dealt IMO.  Pinkston or Lewis, most notably.  Their value isn't as good as Stallworth's or Lelie's, but either guy *could* be traded.

Pinkston is coming off an Achilles injury and somewhat less accomplished than Walker; and Lewis isn't an accomplished starting WR--maybe I should have put the word "accomplished" in there.

Don Ho

Has anyone heard what Denver wants for Lelie?  Sure sounds like his days as a Bronco are over.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

troyhstewart

PoopyfaceMcGee

mpmcgraw

MDS

Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

mpmcgraw

I looked but I didnt see it here yet so

QuotePackers | Driver disgruntled over team's failure to redo contract
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 12:47:01 -0700

Michael Smith, of ESPN.com, reports Green Bay Packers WR Donald Driver is mad that the team has not re-done his deal and wants to be traded or released.

Dont rip my head off if it was posted already.