Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbionic

I said watch the game and you will see my spirit manifest.-ILLEAGLE 02/04/05

PoopyfaceMcGee

Zanshin

bobbyinlondon

This is from Packerschatter from a guy named Randolph Heidler:

Today I was asked about what is happening on the Javon Walker situation. Well I made a couple of calls and got some info for you all. It appears that Ted Thompson is going to try bringing Javon back by trying to start talks for a new contract using the extra money he has this year. If Javon refuses, look for him to be sold to the highest bidder. The 49ers, Broncos. and Saints are making serious offers for Walker.

The Charles Woodson talks have started up again. CW knows that he is running out of time to get the big money before the draft. There is a good chance that he will sign with Green Bay or Tampa before the draft on Saturday. As far as the contract goes, TT isn't offering that much more than what he did before.

Draft:

The packers are looking at Leonard Pope to be their main target in the second round. Other's that have been mentioned in the second round are Ernie Sims, Brian Calhoun, Bob Carpenter, Gabe Watson, and Ray Edwards. I will add details later.

I have heard a lot of potential trades that are being worked on right now. I am not allowed to speak of them because it is highly sensitive information. But alot is happening in 1265, don't think Ted Thompson is sitting on his hands!

Tomorrow: the reason why big names fall.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Anyone who talks about Ernie Sims being a target in the 2nd round is immediately discounted.

Rome

bobbyinlondon

from http://www.delcotimes.com--Bob Grotz: (so much for Denver offering a 2nd for Walker)

Sources say the Eagles offered defensive tackle Hollis Thomas and a sixth-round choice -- not enough, it appears, to get the job done.

ESPN reported the Eagles offered the Packers Thomas and guard Artis Hicks, while the Denver Broncos shopped wide receiver AshleyLelie and a sixth-round pick.

The Packers want a first round pick according to CBS SportsLine.

Don Ho

Quote from: bobbyinlondon on April 27, 2006, 03:51:39 AM
The Packers want a first round pick according to CBS SportsLine.

Now this has officially become ridiculous.  They want a #1?  The guy is coming off a devastating knee injury.  Sorry but farg the Packers.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

Feva

A 3rd round pick would get this thing done.  Thomas or Hicks and a 4th would probably get it done.

The Packers are starting their negotiations with a 1st rounder, but they can't seriously expect a 1st in return for Walker.  They spent the 22nd pick on him 4 years ago and now they really expect the 14th pick this year... after their guy has a busted ACL?  No way they expect that to stick.

Same as negotiating your salary at a new job.  You ask for $65-70K knowing damn well that you really want $55-60K.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MURP

QuoteWALKER'S CONTRACT DEMANDS MAKE TRADING HIM A CHALLENGE

Although we've heard from a league source that the Green Bay Packers are willing to trade receiver Javon Walker if the price is right, Walker's price tag for a new contract is making it difficult for anyone to justify swinging a deal.

The problem is that, if a team like the Eagles or the Broncos sends a first-day pick to the Pack for the 2004 Pro Bowler, Walker's new team acquires his rights for only one year -- unless they sign him to an extension contemporaneous with the trade.

And Walker, we hear, wants $10 million to $12 million in guaranteed money.  With only one solid NFL season after two less-than-stellar campaigns and a torn ACL suffered in Week One of the 2005 season, it's simply too much money to cough up.

It's the same problem that plagues efforts to trade Ashley Lelie of the Broncos and Donte' Stallworth of the Saints.  Both have one year left of their deals, both want more than the market will bear, so neither will be swapped unless and until their expectations get far more reasonable.

Beermonkey

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2423722

QuoteGreen Bay Packers wide receiver Javon Walker has received permission from the team to explore trade opportunities and a deal is expected before this weekend's NFL draft, league sources with direct knowledge of the situation said.

Walker is visiting the New Orleans Saints on Thursday and is scheduled to visit the Denver Broncos on Friday.

The Packers are also engaging in trade talks with the Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots and Philadelphia Eagles but conversations aren't as far along as they are with the Saints and Broncos. Walker does not have any visits scheduled beyond the Saints and Broncos.

Walker, who underwent surgery in October on an injured anterior cruciate ligament, expects to be ready to go by training camp -- just not with the Packers, he hopes.

Unlike last year when he drew the ire of Brett Favre among others, he promises not to be a disruption, because he doesn't plan to show up at all for training camp.

"If I had to go back there, I'd retire," he told ESPN.com last month. "I don't have to play."

General manager Ted Thompson has said he expects Walker to honor his contract.

"I've spoken with Javon over the course of the spring," Thompson said. "I think I'll let the original statement that we put out stand there. I know that things get said from time to time and I think the less said on something like that, the better."

Thompson did say that he and the team would welcome Walker back.

"I would," Thompson said. "I'm sure the team would. He's very well liked here. I assume you guys would agree with me."

PoopyfaceMcGee

Beermonkey

DH

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 27, 2006, 10:48:14 AM
I'd like to remind you all that I said "Nay" all along.

And you really went out on a limb too.

phillywin2k5

Quote from: EagleFeva on April 27, 2006, 05:17:16 AM
A 3rd round pick would get this thing done.  Thomas or Hicks and a 4th would probably get it done.

The Packers are starting their negotiations with a 1st rounder, but they can't seriously expect a 1st in return for Walker.  They spent the 22nd pick on him 4 years ago and now they really expect the 14th pick this year... after their guy has a busted ACL?  No way they expect that to stick.

Same as negotiating your salary at a new job.  You ask for $65-70K knowing damn well that you really want $55-60K.

what a joke offering a decling fat ass like Hollis and a 6th round DP. thats like offering 2 6ths. I say offer them 2 4ths this year and get this thing done with. Better than what this team has done in the draft.
if you take advice from people in the 700 level, you'll find yourself sitting next to them -- Buddy Ryan