Final Answer - Will the Eagles trade for Javon Walker - yay or nay.

Started by MURP, April 21, 2006, 08:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhanInDC

Walker in Philly?

Ony when he is playing against the Birds.

shtein ain't happening.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

YES

Why? I listened to Banner on Eskin last week. Eskin kept trying to get him to bite on Walker and Joe wouldn't. But Howard then got real general about them going after a player who was young and talented and on the trade market.

Joe said that if Andy and Tom said they wanted him they would be willing to give up a higher draft pick if they felt they could work out an extension with the player so they can ensure he will be there longterm. He said they wouldn't give up as high of a pick if they couldn't work something out contractwise right away.

They have loads of cap money.

They have draft picks to trade.

So I say yes.

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Father Demon

The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

jeffreyjpa

phillymic2000

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

QB Eagles

No. I think the Eagles will make a strong attempt, but some other team will outbid what the Eagles are willing to trade for him.

Here's hoping I am pleasantly surprised.

ice grillin you

I listened to Banner

first mistake in forming your opinion

not to mention he was being interviewed by eskin...i love king but his head is so far up the eagles front office asses its not even funny...theres no question that most of if not all that interview was pre-scripted
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

phillywin2k5

Quote from: Seabiscuit36 on April 21, 2006, 09:26:20 AM
Nope.  I dont see this front office stepping up.  It makes no sense either if they have Stovall targeted in the third, it dont see Stovall becoming what Walker is torn acl and all..

this front office is the "GOLD STANDARD", so i say NO!
if you take advice from people in the 700 level, you'll find yourself sitting next to them -- Buddy Ryan

Geowhizzer

More ways to say no:

Nein
Нет
Non
Geen
Não
Ingen

아니다
Αριθ

phillymic2000

Tomahawk

The BIGSTUD

Packers | Team fielding calls and offers for J. Walker
Mon, 24 Apr 2006 17:31:16 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the Green Bay Packers have begun fielding telephone calls, and offers, in terms of trying to decide whether it is worth it to trade disgruntled WR Javon Walker. The Packers made it clear they only will trade Walker for the right price, a high price. Teams at the top of the list include the Denver Broncos and Philadelphia Eagles, but there are at least three other confirmed teams that weighed in Monday, April 24. There is no shortage of suitors for Walker, meaning that it is looking more and more as if Green Bay will trade Walker.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.