Started by PhillyandBCEagles, April 16, 2006, 04:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: SidFarkus on April 26, 2006, 12:09:34 PM
My dream scenario is

round 1) Chad Greenway
round 2) Gabe Watson
round 3) Jason Avant

Expecting Watson to be there when the Birds pick in the 2nd is probably a stretch though...

Holy barf.

So, you want them to get two guys who have all-but hit their ceiling (Greenway, Avant), and one guy who has pretty much the lowest floor in the draft?  Yuck.  Yuck.

I think Avant is a very natural receiver.  I loved the way he did the drills at the combine... but he's not extremely physical, and he's downright slow for a WR.

MURP

Michigan is my team, but their WR's are cursed lately.   draft with caution I say.

Rome

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on April 26, 2006, 12:34:47 PM
Michigan is my team, but their WR's are cursed lately.   draft with caution I say.

Manningham's going to be a good one.  That bastich.

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 11:30:53 AM
that writer couldnt pick trent cole out of lineup with the backstreet boys

neither could most of the Eagles "fan" base according to my totally scientific survey taken at a game last season. 

BigEd76

Quote from: SidFarkus on April 26, 2006, 12:09:34 PMround 1) Chad Greenway
round 2) Gabe Watson
round 3) Jason Avant

igy loves the BigTen

Rome

Quote from: MURP on April 26, 2006, 12:45:53 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 11:30:53 AM
that writer couldnt pick trent cole out of lineup with the backstreet boys

neither could most of the Eagles "fan" base according to my totally scientific survey taken at a game last season. 

:-D

ice grillin you

most of the fanbase isnt grading their draft for the sporting news

igy loves the BigTen

for offensive lineman

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Mad-Lad

i hope the Eagles draft Greenway with their first pick for two reasons:

1. I think he's a player
2. I'd get to see FF and IGY bitch and moan more than usual till the season starts

ice grillin you

if they trade down get extra picks and draft greenway i wont be happy at all but i wont kill them

if they take greenway at 14 its world war III

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 01:40:43 PM
if they take greenway at 14 its world war III

Can I get a witness?  TESTIFY!

SidFarkus

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 26, 2006, 12:32:30 PM
Quote from: SidFarkus on April 26, 2006, 12:09:34 PM
My dream scenario is

round 1) Chad Greenway
round 2) Gabe Watson
round 3) Jason Avant

Expecting Watson to be there when the Birds pick in the 2nd is probably a stretch though...

Holy barf.

So, you want them to get two guys who have all-but hit their ceiling (Greenway, Avant), and one guy who has pretty much the lowest floor in the draft?  Yuck.  Yuck.

I think Avant is a very natural receiver.  I loved the way he did the drills at the combine... but he's not extremely physical, and he's downright slow for a WR.

First off, Avant is a 3rd rounder. If he had every physical tool to be a star he wouldn't be a 3rd. All guys at those positions are going to be projects.

I don't know where you get your evaluation of Greenway. He's the best coverage LB in the draft, he's quick(4.55 40 at his pro day), smart, has produced consistently in college and is a very good tackler. As he gets bigger in the NFL he's only going to improve.

As for Gabe Watson, he's the 2nd best option for the big 2 gap run stuffer. Ngata would be great in the 1st round... However, Watson would fill that need too. I don't know why you'd want another small, one gap, pass rusher like Patterson on that line. That's not what we need. We need a guy with the power or a Watson to compliment Patterson.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

ice grillin you

avant and watson are dogs

greenway is a second rounder who will struggle in the league

SidFarkus

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 01:52:53 PM

I guess we'll see about that. He's the 2nd best LB in this draft and may very well do more in his career than the undersized AJ Hawk from that awful pro LB college Ohio State.

Lets draft Bobby Carpenter and let Shockey, Witten, & Cooley eat him up for the next 5 years...

Lets also get Claude Wroten, so he can get pushed around in the running game next to Patterson...

Greenway & Watson may not be the sexiest names, but they fill the needs of this team.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

Mad-Lad

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 01:52:53 PM

I'm still trying to figure out why you aren't an NFL scout considering you know exactly what the future is with all of these guys.

Apparently, if you have a good college career but an amazing combine (like Bunkley) you're set to have a better NFL career than someone who had an excellent college career (Greenway) but didn't wow people at the combine.