Eagles Dream Draft

Started by PhillyandBCEagles, April 16, 2006, 04:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyandBCEagles

Note that this isn't what I think they'll do, just what I wish they would do.

TRADES:
#76 overall to Green Bay for Javon Walker
#45 to Minnesota for #51 and #115
#108 and #115 to Cincinnati for #91

1 (14). LenDale White (RB, USC)
2 (41). Jeremy Trueblood (OT, Boston College)
3 (91). Thomas Howard (LB, UTEP)
4 (116). Marcus Hudson(CB/S, NC State)
4 (127). Leon Williams (LB, Miami)
5 (147). Pat Ross (C/G, Boston College)
5 (168). Johnny Jolly (DT, NC State)
6 (204). Jeremy Bloom (WR/KR, Colorado)
7 (220). Jason Pociask (TE/FB, Wisconsin)

I of course reserve the right to change my mind frequently over the coming weeks.  Not taking a DT until the 5th round worries me but I don't think we can afford to both trade up for Ngata and trade for Walker; WR is a bigger need to me, White is a better pick at 14 than Bunkley in my mind, and after those 2 guys there really aren't too many guys that jump out at me as good value picks until you get to Jolly at 168.

Feva

DT is way too big of a need to let it wait until the 5th round, IMO.  That needs to be sewn up by the 3rd round at the absolute latest.

Say the Walker trade goes through for the 3rd and Ngata and Bunkley are gone at 14 I'd like to see the Eagles either trade back and aquire a few picks and snag Watson or wait 'til the second round and grab either Watson or Wroten straight up.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyandBCEagles on April 16, 2006, 04:36:09 PM
TRADES:
#76 overall to Green Bay for Javon Walker
#45 to Minnesota for #51 and #115
#108 and #115 to Cincinnati for #91

1 (14). LenDale White (RB, USC)
2 (41). Jeremy Trueblood (OT, Boston College)
3 (91). Thomas Howard (LB, UTEP)
4 (116). Marcus Hudson(CB/S, NC State)
4 (127). Leon Williams (LB, Miami)
5 (147). Pat Ross (C/G, Boston College)
5 (168). Johnny Jolly (DT, NC State)
6 (204). Jeremy Bloom (WR/KR, Colorado)
7 (220). Jason Pociask (TE/FB, Wisconsin)

So... a few questions:

1.  How much are your parents paying a year for you to attend Boston College?
2.  You really think the BC offensive line was good enough that the Eagles should go ahead and take two of them, as if both will actually make the team?
3.  Jeremy Bloom in the 6th, with all the press he's gotten?  Probably not.
4.  I'd have to agree that Johnny Jolly is the reason Williams, Lawson, and McCargo all look good.  Meaning that he sucks so bad, it elevates the other three guys.  How would he POSSIBLY get a roster spot?  Oh, and he didn't even go to NCSU.
5.  Thomas Howard falling to #91?  Why not just have the Eagles grab DeMeco Ryans or Chad Greenway there?

Let's just say you deserve to be raked across the coals for starting a new thread for this crap, ESPECIALLY considering it's what you claim you want to happen.  That would be the worst overall Eagles draft in a LONG time.

Maybe redeem yourself by posting what you think will actually happen?  I don't know.  Could be too late.

pinoyboy2pt0

I like Howard in thurr.

My mock (bc you asked  :-*):

Trading down is all nice and good - doubt it will end up like this, but one can wish:

1b-23ish) Lawson SLB
2a-45) Moss WR
2b-55ish) McCargo/Wroten DT
3a-76) Hodge MLB

Would like thoughts on the possiblities:
1.) of this happening
2.) of our FO selecting these guys
3.) these guys being available when selected
Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No pro bowl WR's.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Retarded special teams.  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  "I've got to do a better job."  Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  Running game shines for 3 plays. Pass. Pass. Pass. PUNT.  No adjustments anywhere.  Pass.  Pass. Pass. PUNT.  (repeat)

Susquehanna Birder

I kind of like the Lawson idea. Reid seems to like letting the marquis players go, while focusing on their almost-as-good teammates. Mario Williams is nice, but Lawson might be a stud, too.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I can't see the Eagles drafting Lawson to play SAM LB.  I honestly think he'd be a DE.

But I suppose anything's possible.

And while we're on the subject, here's mine:
#14 - Michael Huff
#45 - DeMeco Ryans
#76 - Darryl Tapp or John McCargo or Jeremy Trueblood or Maurice Stovall

Cocaine is a hell of a drug, I've heard.

ice grillin you

1. sims
2. moss
3. trade up for wroten
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

1st - Ngata
2nd - Ryans
3rd - Stovall
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Drunkmasterflex

1.) Trade down and pick Carpenter
2.) Stovall or Moss
3.) Wroten or Trueblood
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

mussa

u think carpenter is going below pick 14??? 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: mussa on April 21, 2006, 10:28:42 AM
u think carpenter is going below pick 14??? 

I might have seen 1 of the 100+ projections having him at 14 or higher.  MAYBE.

mussa

wow. would of never guessed that.  goes to show how much i keep up on draft and collge players. i'll shut up now.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Susquehanna Birder

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 21, 2006, 07:37:01 AM
I can't see the Eagles drafting Lawson to play SAM LB.  I honestly think he'd be a DE.

He could be one of those tweener types who is technically a DE, but who drops back into coverage. JJ seems to like that type of combo.

phattymatty

1. manny lawson
2. sinorice moss
3. john mccargo

Feva

Quote from: mussa on April 21, 2006, 10:59:55 AM
wow. would of never guessed that.  goes to show how much i keep up on draft and collge players. i'll shut up now.

Yeah, just about every mock out there has him going in the mid 20's.