Who do you think is going in the First to the Birds?

Started by xtacy1238, April 09, 2006, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidFarkus

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 27, 2006, 12:49:37 PM
The thing is there are a lot of rookie receivers that go on to have good careers and don't show as much as he did in his first season.  One example would be Eric Moulds.

Reggie had 43 rec and 4TDs. Chad Johnson(who he has drawn comparisons to) had 28 catches and 1 TD in his rookie year. TO had 35 rec & 4Tds. Larry Fitzgerald had 58 catches. Steve Smith caught 10 balls. Santana Moss caught 30 balls in his first full year. Holt got 52. Burress caught 22. Hines Ward caught 15 balls. Reggie Wayne got 27. Chris Chambers got 48. Rod Smith caught 6, Jimmy Smith caught 22. These are the most of the top WRs in football right now and Reggie's rookie year was on par or better than nearly all of them. What's even more impressive is that he did in 9 NFL starts, most of which Mike McMahon was at QB.

Who knows if he will blossom into the WRs these guys have, but he sure is off to a good start.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

sallad selgae

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 01:38:24 PM
well i could say the taterskins thought they were gonna come in and just roll all over a team missing half their starting lineup and didnt take reggie or the eagles seriously...and when they finally did they dominated...i mean we could go on and on forever...the season will tell the truth...i just hope people arent bitterly disappointed in reggie this year

It sounds to me like you are saying that that was a trap game for the Skins.  Yes?
"Official Sponsor of the first, fourth round draft pick"

reese125

Quote from: SidFarkus on April 27, 2006, 04:46:20 PM
The thing is there are a lot of rookie receivers that go on to have good careers and don't show as much as he did in his first season.  One example would be Eric Moulds.

Reggie had 43 rec and 4TDs. Chad Johnson(who he has drawn comparisons to) had 28 catches and 1 TD in his rookie year. TO had 35 rec & 4Tds. Larry Fitzgerald had 58 catches. Steve Smith caught 10 balls. Santana Moss caught 30 balls in his first full year. Holt got 52. Burress caught 22. Hines Ward caught 15 balls. Reggie Wayne got 27. Chris Chambers got 48. Rod Smith caught 6, Jimmy Smith caught 22. These are the most of the top WRs in football right now and Reggie's rookie year was on par or better than nearly all of them. What's even more impressive is that he did in 9 NFL starts, most of which Mike McMahon was at QB.

Who knows if he will blossom into the WRs these guys have, but he sure is off to a good start.

All of those receivers were not basically thrown into a #1 role, on on a depleted offense, like a very fortunate Brown either. Although he could blossom, these comparisons are non-comparable.

Dillen

Quote from: Sun_Mo on April 27, 2006, 02:54:14 PM
while my the prediciton in my sig is still what I think, for the CF contest i had them trading up to Oakland's spot and taking Huff. 
What I did was just maneuvered around and got Ngata to 14. I believe they'll trade up for Ngata, but I dont want to farg up the rest of the draft if im wrong with the trade. I think they'll trade up to 12 with Cleveland, Cleveland takes Wimbley at 14.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: reese125 on April 27, 2006, 05:44:11 PM
Quote from: SidFarkus on April 27, 2006, 04:46:20 PM

All of those receivers were not basically thrown into a #1 role, on on a depleted offense, like a very fortunate Brown either. Although he could blossom, these comparisons are non-comparable.

Moss, Johnson, and Chambers were so don't say they aren't comparable.  We also are simply trying to illustrate how receivers take time to develop in the NFL.

Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

It sounds to me like you are saying that that was a trap game for the Skins.  Yes?

no...they full well knew how bad the eagles were...and that they could flip a switch anytime they wanted to and win the game...which is exactly what they did
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Feva

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 07:15:21 PM

no...they full well knew how bad the eagles were...and that they could flip a switch anytime they wanted to and win the game...which is exactly what they did

So with their playoff lives on the line... the Skins decided to wait until the mid/late 4th quarter to "flip the switch"?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

pretty much....their defense locked down after the eagles scored their last touchdown...i think the eagles had three pts in the last 40 minutes or soemthing like that...i mean there wasnt anyone in the country including every last taterskin that thought the eagles ever had a chance to win that game even when they were leading at half time

PoopyfaceMcGee

Why has no one else just accepted that as his brain is pumped full of pro-skins propaganda all the time, IGY simply cannot separate fiction from fact about them anymore and obviously respects the team/organization more than he should?  You're not going to talk him out of it.  It's too late.

PoopyfaceMcGee

From Brookover's article today:

Quote"He's going to be a really good football player," Heckert said. "I don't think [the bench press] is going to hurt his draft stock. He's a guy you haven't heard a ton about, but I think he's really good. He's a great competitor, he makes plays, and he's smart."

Greenway, according to Heckert, can play either outside linebacker position.

Two other outside linebackers on the radar screen are North Carolina State's Manny Lawson and Florida State's Kamerion Wimbley, both of whom were defensive ends in college. Lawson is 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds and Wimbley is 6-3 and 245 pounds. Heckert sees both as strong-side linebackers.

Lawson's time of 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine was an eye-opener. Wimbley ran a 4.63.

"The way college football has been going, most of our strong-side linebackers are projected as defensive ends in the draft," Heckert said. "Those guys are going to go a lot earlier than they have in the past. We see them as linebackers, but by the same token, they're not a wash at defensive end."

It's starting to look like I might be right about Lawson or Wimbley... but wrong in that the Eagles would not use them as DE's, but would seem to be looking at them exclusively to play the strong side.

Feva

I'll take either one of them over Greenway all day long.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

PoopyfaceMcGee

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 28, 2006, 07:47:00 AM
From Brookover's article today:

Quote"He's going to be a really good football player," Heckert said. "I don't think [the bench press] is going to hurt his draft stock. He's a guy you haven't heard a ton about, but I think he's really good. He's a great competitor, he makes plays, and he's smart."

Greenway, according to Heckert, can play either outside linebacker position.

Two other outside linebackers on the radar screen are North Carolina State's Manny Lawson and Florida State's Kamerion Wimbley, both of whom were defensive ends in college. Lawson is 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds and Wimbley is 6-3 and 245 pounds. Heckert sees both as strong-side linebackers.

Lawson's time of 4.41 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the combine was an eye-opener. Wimbley ran a 4.63.

"The way college football has been going, most of our strong-side linebackers are projected as defensive ends in the draft," Heckert said. "Those guys are going to go a lot earlier than they have in the past. We see them as linebackers, but by the same token, they're not a wash at defensive end."

It's starting to look like I might be right about Lawson or Wimbley... but wrong in that the Eagles would not use them as DE's, but would seem to be looking at them exclusively to play the strong side.

I am really getting on the Lawson and Wimbley bandwagon I think if they could be a LB/DE hybrid that could really do damage in the Eagles defense.  David Pollack made a fairly successful transition to LB in the NFL and he is not nearly as athletic as these two.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

reese125

with the workout times he had, you hope that he is not just that....a workout warrior. Coaches might be a little aprehensive and try not get caught up in the Mamula theory.

I like the guy though and IMO, think the attributes he has cant be denied