Who do you think is going in the First to the Birds?

Started by xtacy1238, April 09, 2006, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Well, I have good news for you, then.  I have the Eagles trading their 2nd and one of the 4ths to move up and take Moss at #39 overall in my Eagles mock.  Since I'm brilliant, it will obviously happen.

MURP

if they could only figure out why Reggie Brown had no problems learning the playbook...  whatever chromosome he has they need to find in whatever WR they draft next. 

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on April 27, 2006, 09:40:58 AM
if they could only figure out why Reggie Brown had no problems learning the playbook...  whatever chromosome he has they need to find in whatever WR they draft next. 

I think there are two simple things that contributed to Reggie's first-year *success*:

1.  He is a confident/talented guy, but he's also relatively humble.  Guys like Freddie Mitchell and, to a lesser extent, Billy McMullen think they're so good that they should be able to succeed just doing whatever they want to do.

2.  As soon as Pinkston went down, he knew that he'd have a great opportunity to get in there and play.  It's gotta be hard for a lot of rookies when they know they are relatively buried on the depth chart, especially as a WR in Philadelphia.  Brown saw an opportunity, and he worked at making the most of it.

ice grillin you

if they could only figure out why Reggie Brown had no problems learning the playbook

once TO and donovan went out and they realized what the qb situation was and that reggie was going to be the number one guy they simplified his requirements and that of the offense as mcmahon certainly was incapable of running the normal andy offense

look at reggies stats before TO went out...yes i know TO will obviously take numbers from him....but he was absolutely invisible...i think he had like 7 catches in the first six games....and that was with donovan throwing all over sf and kc

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

ice grillin you

Well, I have good news for you, then.  I have the Eagles trading their 2nd and one of the 4ths to move up and take Moss at #39 overall in my Eagles mock.  Since I'm brilliant, it will obviously happen.

you should be shot for trying to predict trades in the second round of a mock draft...even prediciting what exact spot the trade up will be for wtf?

i still like it

MURP

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 09:50:47 AM
if they could only figure out why Reggie Brown had no problems learning the playbook

once TO and donovan went out and they realized what the qb situation was and that reggie was going to be the number one guy they simplified his requirements and that of the offense as mcmahon certainly was incapable of running the normal andy offense

look at reggies stats before TO went out...yes i know TO will obviously take numbers from him....but he was absolutely invisible...i think he had like 7 catches in the first six games....and that was with donovan throwing all over sf and kc

stats were they way they were for any number of reasons.  That is really besides the point.  From day one everyone acknowledged that Reggie Brown was not having problems learning the playbook like previous rookie WR's had.   That came from everywhere... coaches, media, other players etc.   

mikey418

Does anyone think that with the way things seem to be shaping up (Bush, Williams, Young, Leinhart, D'Brickashaw,..) that AJ Hawk could fall down further than expected and maybe create a ripple affect for Bunkley/Ngata?

I have a feeling that if a DT or Justice arent there at 14, the birds are going to trade back and pick a SAM(strong OLB) and a DT early in the second.
The wannabe sponsor of Stallworth and Baskett

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 09:53:55 AM
you should be shot for trying to predict trades in the second round of a mock draft...even prediciting what exact spot the trade up will be for wtf?

i still like it

Ha!  Well, it's all in good fun.  I figure predicting the Eagles not to trade picks around is about as dumb as guessing exactly which ones they'll make.

ice grillin you

From day one everyone acknowledged that Reggie Brown was not having problems learning the playbook like previous rookie WR's had

his play showed otherwise

ill believe it when he comes out this year when he will be in the opponenets eyes the #1 wr on the eagles and in the full offense in real meaningful nfl games produces

im not saying he wont do it but i wanna see it before i give him his phd in andys offense...to say well his rookie year was better than freddie mitchells or all the other bums theyve had before him is not enough for me

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 11:11:34 AM
From day one everyone acknowledged that Reggie Brown was not having problems learning the playbook like previous rookie WR's had

his play showed otherwise

ill believe it when he comes out this year when he will be in the opponenets eyes the #1 wr on the eagles and in the full offense in real meaningful nfl games produces

im not saying he wont do it but i wanna see it before i give him his phd in andys offense...to say well his rookie year was better than freddie mitchells or all the other bums theyve had before him is not enough for me

The thing is there are a lot of rookie receivers that go on to have good careers and don't show as much as he did in his first season.  One example would be Eric Moulds.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

The thing is there are a lot of rookie receivers that go on to have good careers and don't show as much as he did in his first season.  One example would be Eric Moulds.

most definitely....but he also might never be more than a #3 guy

all im saying is people are annointing reggie brown because of a couple good games last year ignoring how many games he was absolutely invisible in...they are treating it as fine that hes the number 1 wr...when he really should be starting out as the #3 guy next year and move up from there

each players situation is much different but the attitiude towards brown right now is the same as it was towards greg lewis last offseason...where it was just an absolute lock that lewis would be fine and have a breakout year

Drunkmasterflex

Yeah but the thing is Greg Lewis had players around him when he was productive Brown didn't.  Take for instance the last game against the taterskins he was basically the only receiver that was any sort of threat, yet they were still unable to stop him.  In that game the Skins were fighting for a playoff spot so it wasn't like they were playing their chumps like we were.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

ice grillin you

well i could say the taterskins thought they were gonna come in and just roll all over a team missing half their starting lineup and didnt take reggie or the eagles seriously...and when they finally did they dominated...i mean we could go on and on forever...the season will tell the truth...i just hope people arent bitterly disappointed in reggie this year

SunMo

while my the prediciton in my sig is still what I think, for the CF contest i had them trading up to Oakland's spot and taking Huff. 
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.