Who do you think is going in the First to the Birds?

Started by xtacy1238, April 09, 2006, 02:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

You'd be ok with addressing our DT issues in the 6th/7th round?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Drunkmasterflex

You take Justice because he has the ability to be a dominate player he also could be moved to guard until he is ready to take over at the LT position.  You can never have enough good OLinemen.  Justice would be a great pick period.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Justice is going to be a damn good player. Damn good. But wouldn't you rather use our best pick on a bigger need? If the draft is 7 rounds like you said, then why not take an OT in a later round?

Did you forget how terrible our pass rush was last season? We need to get a DT with our best pick. Justice isn't the end of the world, but I'd much rather address other needs.

To make things easier, where does Justice rank on the list of players that you want in the first round? Out of the realistic options only. For me it's:

1. Ngata
2. Bunkley
3. Sims
4. Jackson
5. Holmes
6. Justice

I'm not saying I want no part of Justice, but there are 5 players I'd rather have before him. Meaning that if any of those are available and we take Justice instead, of course I'd be disappointed.

Where does Justice rank on your want lists?
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 10:39:39 PM
Justice is going to be a damn good player. Damn good. But wouldn't you rather use our best pick on a bigger need? If the draft is 7 rounds like you said, then why not take an OT in a later round?

Did you forget how terrible our pass rush was last season? We need to get a DT with our best pick. Justice isn't the end of the world, but I'd much rather address other needs.

To make things easier, where does Justice rank on the list of players that you want in the first round? Out of the realistic options only. For me it's:

I'm not saying I want no part of Justice, but there are 5 players I'd rather have before him. Meaning that if any of those are available and we take Justice instead, of course I'd be disappointed.

Where does Justice rank on your want lists?

1a. Ngata
1b. Bunkley
1c. Sims
1d. Justice
1e. Mike Huff
2. Lawson
3. Wimbley
4a. Watson
4b. Marcus McNeil
4c. Jason Allen
4d. Bobby Carpenter
5. Tye Hill
6. McCargo (yeah, I said it.)
7. Jackson
8. Holmes

Based on talent at what they do, and upside or whatever your want to call it, Jackson and Holmes pale in comparison to all of those guys in my opinion. You don't draft a number two or number three receiver with the fourteenth pick in the draft.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Drunkmasterflex

For me he is second on that list followed by Bunkley, Jackson, Holmes, and Sims.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Well then that is why we disagree. If you had Justice 6th on your list of players you wanted I'm sure you'd be a bit angry too if that's who we ended up with.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 11:10:58 PM
Well then that is why we disagree. If you had Justice 6th on your list of players you wanted I'm sure you'd be a bit angry too if that's who we ended up with.

That is because you base everything on your perceived needs for the team.

The BIGSTUD

Don't you want our best picks to address our biggest needs?

List your top 5 needs in order for the Eagles.

Drunkmasterflex

The BIGSTUD

So wouldn't you prefer our 3 best picks be on our 3 best needs?

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 11:39:05 PM
So wouldn't you prefer our 3 best picks be on our 3 best needs?

In a perfect world yes, but were clearly are not in such a situation.  If it was up to me they would get AJ Hawk but that almost certainly won't happen.

The BIGSTUD

Well we could get Bunkley in round 1, Demeco Ryans in round 2 and maybe somehow find a way to get Stovall by trading back into the 2nd round. That isn't an impossibility.

mussa

did u forget in a little signing called darren howard in free agency?  our d-line is instantly upgraded with him.  look i'd love to have an impact WR, DT or LB 1st, but i don't see it happening.  OL looks like our best chance via pick # 14 at this point.
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

The BIGSTUD

I think we have as good of a chance at Bunkley as we do Justice. Justice has more of a chance to be taken before 14 than Bunkley IMO. So I think we have a great chance of getting DT in round 1.

Feva

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 07:22:51 PM
Quote from: EagleFeva on April 24, 2006, 05:31:48 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 04:32:51 PM
I hate the idea of Justice, because we have more pressing needs right now. I don't want a player who is going to sit around and learn for a year.

Yet, in the other thread you were talking about how if McNabb got injured, season over.  If that's your concern, wouldn't it make sense to draft a top level talent who's job is to protect him?

Why not draft a OT next season? You know, when we actually might need one.

I see that you've been adequately educated on why it's a rediculous idea to have to draft an OT to start his rookie year... so I guess I don't have to revisit that.

Thing is though... for the last 2-3 pages of this thread, you've been pimping Jackson and Holmes at #14... now you want a DT?  Quit flip-flopping and make up your mind.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews