Car to dance?

Started by Diomedes, March 25, 2006, 01:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjs246

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

PhillyPhreak54

Even though that was the chick's version of the Mustang (V-6), I gotta defend the pony car.

I miss not having one. Hopefully by this time next year I will have another one. Not as my daily driver, because living up here makes that almost impossible, but one to toy around with.

I would love to get an '03 Cobra. But they're too expensive to have as a weekend/summer car. Maybe I'll go get that '94/'95 Cobra I've always wanted.

rjs246

I miss mine too. The most recent GT and Cobra models bring tears to my eyes. farging beautiful.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Susquehanna Birder

Heehee...one of my current rides:

Geowhizzer

Here's what a poor teacher can afford:

Sgt PSN

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 26, 2006, 10:23:56 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 25, 2006, 03:35:05 PM
That's a given.  If he had those types of driving skills, he'd be off making car dancing commercials instead of boosting a rustang. 

Don't disrespect the Mustang, son. Could get you hurt up in hurrrrr.

Don't get me wrong, I love older Mustangs and the newer ones.  Anything made between 1980 and 2003 is mostly crap though......thus, rustangs.  2004 was good because it's the 40th anniversary but 2005+ are sweet ass rides since they went old school on the design. 

Sgt PSN

Quote from: rjs246 on March 26, 2006, 10:34:54 AM
I miss mine too. The most recent GT and Cobra models bring tears to my eyes. farging beautiful.

A friend of mine's dad just bought the new Mach 1.  It is absolutely b-e-a-utiful.  :drool  I can't wait for them to release the new Cobra this year. 

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 26, 2006, 02:39:48 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 26, 2006, 10:23:56 AM
Quote from: Sgt PSN on March 25, 2006, 03:35:05 PM
That's a given.  If he had those types of driving skills, he'd be off making car dancing commercials instead of boosting a rustang. 

Don't disrespect the Mustang, son. Could get you hurt up in hurrrrr.

Don't get me wrong, I love older Mustangs and the newer ones.  Anything made between 1980 and 2003 is mostly crap though......thus, rustangs.  2004 was good because it's the 40th anniversary but 2005+ are sweet ass rides since they went old school on the design. 

I love the 1987-1993, 1994-1998 and 1999-2004 body styles. Not a huge fan of the older ones unless it's a '67 fastback like in Gone in 60 seconds. And the new ones haven't grown on me yet. I like the new engines but I do not like the interior, the rear lights and the gauge clusters.

I've owned 5 Mustangs. A 1987GT, 1989LX hatchback, 1991GT, 1994GT and a 1992 LX notchback.

Next up  a 1994 Cobra

or a

1996 Mystic Cobra

Sgt PSN

The body styles on those cars do nothing for me.  They look kind of like a deformed egg.  But I'm not the one who has to drive it, so more power to ya. 

PhillyPhreak54

That's right. :)

The 87-93 bodystyles are even better. The Fox Bodies are the boxy ones.

PhillyPhanInDC

I've had a Mustang, and while fun, I'd give anything to have my old black Buick back...*

* Neither of these are mine. My 87 was stolen about six years ago and totaled  >:(
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhreak54

I knew a guy who had a GN that was as quiet as a Camry but ran solid 11's in the 1/4. It was very nice. :yay

Susquehanna Birder

Phreak, I like my GT for sure, but I would also like a Cobra. I would maybe like to try some autocrossing, and the solid rear axle on the GT isn't good for that. It does go pretty well in a straight line, though.   >:D

I (distant) friend of mine works in a Ford dealership, and he was floating the idea of working a fox body with some really crazy mods. If I had the garage space (and more cash), I'd certainly think about it.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Susquehanna Birder on March 27, 2006, 08:23:01 PM
Phreak, I like my GT for sure, but I would also like a Cobra. I would maybe like to try some autocrossing, and the solid rear axle on the GT isn't good for that. It does go pretty well in a straight line, though.   >:D

I (distant) friend of mine works in a Ford dealership, and he was floating the idea of working a fox body with some really crazy mods. If I had the garage space (and more cash), I'd certainly think about it.

What year is yours, Sus? '04? I love that color. Gunmetal grey is it not?

Have you done anything to it?

I had a good friend in TX who autocrossed his and he had a blast with it. I couldn't tell you the first thing on how to set up the suspension and others mods for it because I was always doing the quarter mile thing.

But I do know that mostly everyone who I know who had one of the newer ones with the IRS hated it. One friend tore his out and put the solid axle back in there because of the enormous amount of wheel hop you get with the IRS.

The Fox's are the best to modify because the parts are relatively cheap because they are so popular.

The 94/95's are hard because that 5.0 engine and bodystyle combo was only done for 2 years.  I had about $10K invested in my '94GT nd it ran solid 12's.

There is nothing better than spending a Saturday in the garage working on a Mustang, drinking some beers and just hangin out.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 27, 2006, 08:36:06 PM
There is nothing better than spending a Saturday in the garage working on a Mustang, drinking some beers and just hangin out.

You have one of these for a keychain....don't ya?
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.