Main Menu

Mocks

Started by Tomahawk, March 15, 2006, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunMo

if they trade up and DON'T  take Huff, i'll be sad
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Displaced

Cold Pizza mock has the Eagles taking Chad Jackson with their 14th pick.

PhillyPhanInDC

I farging hate mocks who have the Eagles selecting Chad Jackson. They pay no attention to the team at all, except to say, "Hey, they lost T.O, they must want only to get a WR in the first." Tards. The whole lot of them.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

reese125

Is it because you dont like the guy and dont wont to see him picked, or you might think they might actually take him.  Although we need help on both sides of the lines, and it has been stated, it wouldnt surprise me at all if they take the best WR on the board. Its all about how the chips fall in the draft

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on April 28, 2006, 09:08:28 AM
I farging hate mocks who have the Eagles selecting Chad Jackson. They pay no attention to the team at all, except to say, "Hey, they lost T.O, they must want only to get a WR in the first." Tards. The whole lot of them.

I was initially on that bandwagon but now I would rather see them go for a receiver in the second or third round.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhanInDC

No, it's just that most of them, when you read the little blurb for the Eagles pick says something like, "With the loss of T.O, the Eagles need another big play reciever, and SoAndSo is the answer." Like any of the rookies the mocks have us picking can come in and replace the production of a guy like T.O. It's retarded, and they obviously do zero research into how the team picks, or what the other needs are.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

i dont think theres anything wrong with saying the eagles need to draft a wr since they lost TO...i mean the wr's are atrocious...the idiotic part is them thinking that reid is actually going to do it...so if they are saying thats what they will do then yes its retarded...if they are saying its what they should do then you cant hate
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Displaced

I hear ya Phan.  What you say makes a lot of sense.  These guy aren'tloking to make a nuanced analysis just picking the low hanging fruit that they think most people will find justified so that they can keep and mainain their unjustifiably large paychecks.

Displaced

Quoteif they are saying its what they should do then you cant hate

Yeah but IGY as they say opinions are like arse-holes everybody has one. 

These guys are supposed to be professionals.  They should be giving a well thought out analysis and as accurate a prediction as possible.  Why else do we need them if not?  I think we do as good a job right here if that's the case.

ice grillin you

They should be giving a well thought out analysis and as accurate a prediction as possible

a friggin monkey could tell you the eagles badly need a wr
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

u guys are overanalyzing this bigtime. All that is being said by reports is that we need to fill a void left at WR because of what the Eagles are left with, not a replacement for TO as far as his talent level. They are right: we need help and Jackson could very well do that. Thats all

Displaced

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 09:49:55 AM
They should be giving a well thought out analysis and as accurate a prediction as possible

a friggin monkey could tell you the eagles badly need a wr

Exacty my point IGY...they are picking the low hanging fruit and saying here's a need, here's a guy the Eagles could pick to fill it. 

Everybody accross the nation knows what TO did here and what he didn't.  Nobody knows what Hollis Thomas did or didn't do or much less Sam Rayburn. 

Anybody that knows Reid and the way this organization does things knows that they will build from the inside out.  Therefore, a more likely pick to call for the
Eagles is the best lineman available at that pick.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Rich Hoffman makes a good point in his article today, though.  The Eagles are unlikely to go WR in first round, because that would be a pick that would theoretically help in the future a lot more than it would now.  However, picking on either of the lines or at LB would probably be a player that would be plugged in to the starting lineup or at least compete for a starting job right away.

If they go RB, DB, or WR in the first round, that means they aren't trying to win this year.

MURP

where would Winston Justice line up this year im wondering.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on April 28, 2006, 11:19:34 AM
where would Winston Justice line up this year im wondering.

LG competition with wost manneans.  The loser becomes the 6th/swing man at both OT positions and possibly both OG positions.  I believe if the Eagles are targeting Justice, they would probably give him every opportunity to win the LG spot.

Or maybe Tra isn't nearly as healthy as we're all led to believe.