Main Menu

Mocks

Started by Tomahawk, March 15, 2006, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 26, 2006, 08:27:24 AM
trust me if i know how awful fraley is they do too

I think Jamaal Jackson will be an OK player for them.  If Fraley beats him out, then we start to worry.

Drunkmasterflex

I didn't get to see much of the season last year but what I know about Fraley is as long as there is talent around him he will be fine.  As far as Mangold I wouldn't have a problem if they took him I just would if they did in the first unless it was at the bottom.  I agree with FF's point about Bentley I think they just wanted to add an elite player.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PoopyfaceMcGee

For those of you who think I hate on Greenway too much, I have him going #21 to the Pats in my latest mock.

That's fair, IMO.

SidFarkus

I don't think he is awful. He's been solid here and I think he can be again after the injury. However, he does get abused against 3-4's where the nosetackle lines up over top of him and he's not the greatest run blocker, but he isn't a bad player.

This is not to say that we couldn't use an upgrade there, we can certainly use a more complete player... but honeybuns is not as bad as you're saying.
Bleeding Green Nation
Philadelphia Eagles Blog

http://bleedinggreennation.com/

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 26, 2006, 04:35:25 PM
For those of you who think I hate on Greenway too much, I have him going #21 to the Pats in my latest mock.

That's fair, IMO.

Well if he is good enough to go to NE at #21 he is certainly good enough for #14 because the players from 14 to 44 are all about the same in this draft.  If the Eagles just wouldn't have won that damn Rams game they would be at least at #10. :boom
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

sallad selgae

Quote from: SidFarkus on April 26, 2006, 05:07:43 PM

I don't think he is awful. He's been solid here and I think he can be again after the injury. However, he does get abused against 3-4's where the nosetackle lines up over top of him and he's not the greatest run blocker, but he isn't a bad player.

This is not to say that we couldn't use an upgrade there, we can certainly use a more complete player... but honeybuns is not as bad as you're saying.

Thank you,

As Hank's sponsor last year, your support is appreciated.  He'll be back and ready to go.
"Official Sponsor of the first, fourth round draft pick"

The BIGSTUD

Eagles | Team could select first wide receiver in NFL Draft
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:16:21 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have a chance to select the first wide receiver in the NFL Draft Saturday, April 29. The last time the Eagles took the first wide receiver in the draft was 40 years ago in 1966 when the team took former WR Ben Hawkins.

Eagles | Team could draft a wide receiver first-day
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:09:12 -0700

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles could decide to pick a wide receiver on the first-day of the draft. The team could draft Florida WR Chad Jackson or Ohio State WR Santonio Holmes with the No. 14 overall pick. Those are the only two wide receivers projected by many to go in the first round. If the team passes on a wide receiver in the first-round, they could try to draft Notre Dame WR Maurice Stovall in a later round.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

QuoteEagles | Team could draft a wide receiver first-day

Bob Brookover, of the Philadelphia Inquirer, reports the Philadelphia Eagles could decide to pick a wide receiver on the first-day of the draft. The team could draft Florida WR Chad Jackson or Ohio State WR Santonio Holmes with the No. 14 overall pick. Those are the only two wide receivers projected by many to go in the first round. If the team passes on a wide receiver in the first-round, they could try to draft Notre Dame WR Maurice Stovall in a later round.

Thanks for the inside info Bob.  I was wondering who the Eagles "could decide" to draft.

I think what he meant to say was something like this:

Eagles | Team could draft a defensive tackle, offensive lineman, defensive end, linebacker, safety or wide receiver first-day

EagleFeva, of Atlanta, GA, reports the Philadelphia Eagles could decide to pick a defensive tackle, offensive lineman, linebacker, safety or wide receiver on the first-day of the draft. The team could draft Oregon DT Haloti Ngata or Florida State DT Broderick Bunkley or USC OT Winston Justice or Florida State DE Kamerion Wimbley or Florida State LB Ernie Sims or Iowa LB Chad Greenway or Ohio State LB Bobby Carpenter or Texas S/CB Michael Huff or Florida WR Chad Jackson or Ohio State WR Santonio Holmes with the No. 14 overall pick. These are all players projected by many to go in the first round. If the team passes on a defensive tackle, offensive lineman, linebacker, safety or wide receiver in the first-round, they could try to draft LSU DT Claude Wroten or Michigan DT Gabe Watson or Miami OT Eric Winston or NC State DE Manny Lawson or Alabama LB DeMeco Ryans or Ohio State S Donte Whitner or Notre Dame WR Maurice Stovall in a later round.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

Well, Dr. Z has us taking Bobby Carpenter at 14.
Of course, by the end, I think he was falling over drunk......
Anyone but Reid.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Dr. Z's only positive contribution to sportswriting is his yearly rip on NFL announcers.

ice grillin you

dr z also has bunkley at 21
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 27, 2006, 12:12:05 PM
dr z also has bunkley at 21

It's debatable whether or not he deserves to go there, but downright retarded to think he actually will.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Pasquerelli and Clayton are doing their "interactive" live draft.

They had Leinart going to the Raiders at #7.  Ha!

Quote14. Eagles
Ernie Sims, LB, Florida State
Len Pasquarelli, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: History shows that coach Andy Reid usually prefers big guys, offensive and defensive linemen, early in the draft. But there aren't any value picks here on either side of the line, unless the Eagles make a bit of a reach for Ohio State center Nick Mangold. Eagles need to upgrade at linebacker and Sims lends plenty of speed to defense.

Oh k.  Sure.

reese125

If the Jets dont take him--which I think they will--then its not laughable at all. Thats exactly where he will go IMO

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 26, 2006, 04:35:25 PM

That's fair, IMO.

I almost guarantee that the Pats will take Kiwi at 21 (as a LB) if he's available