Main Menu

Mocks

Started by Tomahawk, March 15, 2006, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobbyinlondon

So, does this quote by Heckert in today's paper make it LESS likely the Eagles will move up--but MORE likely they will move down, if their top 3 are not there--

The Eagles have three picks in the fourth round. Heckert acknowledged that early second-day wealth could be important in maneuvering, but this is hailed as a deep draft, which could make parting with one or more of those picks difficult.

"In the middle [of the draft], there's a lot of guys we think can help us," Heckert said. "We get excited when we start talking about these guys, who possibly can be there in the second, third, fourth rounds. I love having these three fourth-round picks. I think we can get some players."

PoopyfaceMcGee

The Mangold talk is just regurgitation of Eckel's garbage.  People are thinking that the Eagles really wanted to upgrade at the Center position because of the interest in LeCharles, so they believe that Mangold might be the pick.

Not gonna happen.

Also, don't read too far into anything Heckert is saying this week.  It means nothing.  No way they tip their hands.

ice grillin you

Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said that character often is the determining factor in whom the Birds will select. In a draft meeting Tuesday, the Eagles brass reiterated the point.

"You don't have to be a great player," Heckert said. "You have to be a good player, but you have to be a good guy, fairly intelligent, and you have to be a guy that we're not going to have to worry about. We try not to make an exception because a guy's an exceptional athlete, or superproductive. If he doesn't fall into the hard-worker, good-guy category, I just think those guys, the chances of succeeding are slim to none. Or they're always a problem, they're always in trouble, or they turn into somebody you want to get rid of. We try to avoid that."

did anyone catch this in the paper yesterday...i almost puked on the train home when i read it...and it completely backs up everything ive said about this current eagles admin...they want solid hard working good guys instead of great talented players...

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

SunMo

those guys are great during the season when you have a few losses, because they have the character that the Eagles are looking for, but when it comes to championship games and Super Bowls, those guys aren't good enough.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wait, so... Get Owens?

ice grillin you

more like GET rid of matt mccoy

and

GET ernie sims

PoopyfaceMcGee

I would toss many players before McCoy.  I have no doubts he's going to be a monster on Special Teams this year, and I still think he is probably going to beat out Barber for a starting spot.  The kid is going to be ready to play.

Considine, on the other hand.... probably a lost cause.

Beermonkey

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 25, 2006, 09:40:33 AM

did anyone catch this in the paper yesterday...i almost puked on the train home when i read it...and it completely backs up everything ive said about this current eagles admin...they want solid hard working good guys instead of great talented social deviants...

I think this is more like what he said.

PhillyPhanInDC

DraftDaddy.com's seven round mock, pretty good, but two safeties?
14 Philadelphia ~ LB Ernie Sims, Florida State
45 Philadelphia ~ WR Sinorice Moss, Miami
76 Philadelphia ~ OG Taitusi "Deuce" Lutui, USC
108 Philadelphia ~ S Pat Watkins, Florida State
116 Philadelphia ~ CB Josh Lay, Pittsburgh
127 Philadelphia ~ DT Rod Wright, Texas
147 Philadelphia ~ DE Rob Ninkovich, Purdue
168 Philadelphia ~ RB Jerome Harrison, Washington State
204 Philadelphia ~ S Marcus Hudson, North Carolina State
220 Philadelphia ~ WR/KR Domenik Hixon, Akron
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Rome

Sims + Moss = blockbuster draft.

No way that happens.

As for the safeties, both Dawk & Lewis are UFA's in 2007, so yeah, it's not only possible but probable that they'll be adding a couple in the draft.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on April 25, 2006, 02:37:18 PM
DraftDaddy.com's seven round mock, pretty good, but two safeties?
14 Philadelphia ~ LB Ernie Sims, Florida State
45 Philadelphia ~ WR Sinorice Moss, Miami

76 Philadelphia ~ OG Taitusi "Deuce" Lutui, USC
108 Philadelphia ~ S Pat Watkins, Florida State
116 Philadelphia ~ CB Josh Lay, Pittsburgh
127 Philadelphia ~ DT Rod Wright, Texas
147 Philadelphia ~ DE Rob Ninkovich, Purdue
168 Philadelphia ~ RB Jerome Harrison, Washington State
204 Philadelphia ~ S Marcus Hudson, North Carolina State
220 Philadelphia ~ WR/KR Domenik Hixon, Akron

IGY needs a new pair of undershorts.

Rome

Ha.  He wouldn't be the only one if the Eagles pulled that off.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 25, 2006, 02:42:41 PM
Sims + Moss = blockbuster draft.

No way that happens.

As for the safeties, both Dawk & Lewis are UFA's in 2007, so yeah, it's not only possible but probable that they'll be adding a couple in the draft.

Sean Considine will haunt your sleep for months for having said that. SHAME!

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 25, 2006, 09:50:30 AM
I would toss many players before McCoy.  I have no doubts he's going to be a monster on Special Teams this year, and I still think he is probably going to beat out Barber for a starting spot.  The kid is going to be ready to play.

Considine, on the other hand.... probably a lost cause.

And you too.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

best draft ever?

The BIGSTUD

I hate moss. I'd rather have Stovall, and I don't like him that much either.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.