Main Menu

Mocks

Started by Tomahawk, March 15, 2006, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

Because a receiving corps of Brown, Pinkston, and Gaffney flat out sucks

you cant even really count pinkston as the chances hes comes back to his pre injury form (which wasnt that good to begin with) is slim to none...not to mention the chance he reinjures himself

that said theres no one in this draft at wr that is going to make their offense better this year

i totally believe they are going into the season with those guys as their wr's...at the same time i cant believe it either
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Father Demon

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2006, 04:14:42 PM

that said theres no one in this draft at wr that is going to make their offense better this year

That's it, right there...  which is why I think the mocks having the Eagles picking a WR in the 1st, or even the 2nd, are pretty retarded..
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2006, 04:14:42 PM
Because a receiving corps of Brown, Pinkston, and Gaffney flat out sucks

you cant even really count pinkston as the chances hes comes back to his pre injury form (which wasnt that good to begin with) is slim to none...not to mention the chance he reinjures himself

i totally believe they are going into the season with those guys as their wr's...at the same time i cant believe it either

I just got an agreement boner. Don't think because I am having this arguement with you that I am of the mindset that we are set at WR. I just know there is no way in this draft the Birds will take a WR in the first round. It isn't their M.O.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

ice grillin you

That's it, right there...  which is why I think the mocks having the Eagles picking a WR in the 1st, or even the 2nd, are pretty retarded..

other than a linebacker tho...who at 14 is going to make the team better next year...certainly not winston justice

The BIGSTUD

No they don't need a second or third receiver, they need a #1. Well, nevermind, forget about numbers for a second. Let's just look at receivers by their skill level for a second. We need a receiver equal to or greater than Reggie Brown's level. Why? To make our receiving corps that much more potent. It's not about getting bargains. It's about getting a receiver to pair with Reggie Brown for the next 8-10 years. Okay, back to the numbers now. Look at Arizona. They have 2 #1 receivers basically with Boldin and Fitzgerald.

That is what I want. We have the opportunity to have that here with Walker or drafting Holmes or Jackson. We'll have 2 stud receivers playing opposite each other for the next 6+ years. Don't you want to put this receiver shtein to bed? I do. I'm sick of looking for who we can sign every year at receiver. Let's just put this issue to bed already.

Sure we can have Reggie Brown, Stovall, Gaffney, Pinkston. But that wouldn't be as good as Brown, Holmes, Gaffney, Pinkston. We could still get a very good DT in the second round, so it's not all bad.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

The BIGSTUD

I disagree, I think Holmes is going to be a 1,000 yard receiver for many years in this league. I think drafting him makes us instantly better.

But that's just a difference in player opinion, which is fine. If you don't like Holmes or Jackson that's cool. I really like Holmes, and I like Jackson. But I said I wanted Jackson because I think his size makes him a better fit for this offense.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

holmes and jackson are not guaranteed to be #2 wr's in this league much less #1's...theres a very small chance that either one ever becomes that

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 04:19:50 PM
No they don't need a second or third receiver, they need a #1. Well, nevermind, forget about numbers for a second. Let's just look at receivers by their skill level for a second. We need a receiver equal to or greater than Reggie Brown's level. Why? To make our receiving corps that much more potent. It's not about getting bargains. It's about getting a receiver to pair with Reggie Brown for the next 8-10 years. Okay, back to the numbers now. Look at Arizona. They have 2 #1 receivers basically with Boldin and Fitzgerald.

That is what I want. We have the opportunity to have that here with Walker or drafting Holmes or Jackson. We'll have 2 stud receivers playing opposite each other for the next 6+ years. Don't you want to put this receiver shtein to bed? I do. I'm sick of looking for who we can sign every year at receiver. Let's just put this issue to bed already.

Sure we can have Reggie Brown, Stovall, Gaffney, Pinkston. But that wouldn't be as good as Brown, Holmes, Gaffney, Pinkston. We could still get a very good DT in the second round, so it's not all bad.

The FO most likely doesn't agree with you on the first point. Comparing someone who has done rather well in the NFL as a number one with two untested rookies in a soft class is a bit of a stretch. Getting Walker >>>>>>>>> drafting Holmes or Jackson. I would love to put the WR issue "to bed" by seeing the Birds have a solid WR group. It's most likely not going to happen to your, or my, satisfaction this year. Finally, Boldin and Fitzgerald in Arizona, are the exception, not the rule - on the flip side, look at Detroit.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Don Ho

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2006, 12:11:22 AM
Newsflash:

The need for playmakers on defense >>>>>> the need for drafting Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson.

I'm fine if they get Stovall and one of these guys later on:

Greg Jennings
Jeff Webb
Brandon Marshall

and there are several others who I would like to see drafted at WR but Im heading off to bed.

End of subject.  Hate to even bring this up but I loved Parcell's first four round picks last year:

Ware DE
Spears DE
Burnett OLB
Canty DE

Burnett did not play very well but he should be a good one.  Reminds me of our DB draft of 2002.  This group is going to be very good and would not mind seeing the birds take this approach.
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on April 24, 2006, 04:27:36 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 04:19:50 PM

The FO most likely doesn't agree with you on the first point. Comparing someone who has done rather well in the NFL as a number one with two untested rookies in a soft class is a bit of a stretch. Getting Walker >>>>>>>>> drafting Holmes or Jackson. I would love to put the WR issue "to bed" by seeing the Birds have a solid WR group. It's most likely not going to happen to your, or my, satisfaction this year. Finally, Boldin and Fitzgerald in Arizona, are the exception, not the rule - on the flip side, look at Detroit.

Well people around the Eagles a lot like Reuben Frank, Eckel, Eskin, etc all say the Eagles want another stud at receiver. We'll just have to wait and see.

ice grillin you

Burnett did not play very well but he should be a good one.  Reminds me of our DB draft of 2002.  This group is going to be very good and would not mind seeing the birds take this approach.

i love this idea

1. lawson
2. mcintosh
3. haralson
4. nande

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 24, 2006, 04:36:57 PM
Well people around the Eagles a lot like Reuben Frank, Eckel, Eskin, etc all say the Eagles want another stud at receiver. We'll just have to wait and see.

And how many times in the last five years have  those clowns been right about what the Birds will do on draft day? Further, when was the last time the Birds drafted a WR because they felt they needed a stud? There is no way Jackson or Holmes grade out better than the WRs who went last year in the first or early second round, so would they feel they are getting a stud on the level of Boldin, Fitzgerald, Walker, etc? Probably not.

Don Ho

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 24, 2006, 04:40:27 PM

i love this idea

1. lawson
2. mcintosh
3. haralson
4. nande

Nande would be sweet.  He'd be a terror on special teams.  Do you think he could play safety?
"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

The BIGSTUD

I agree that we probably won't get either Holmes or Jackson, but all I know is there better be someone of high quality next to Brown on that depth chart, and his name can't be Pinkston or Gaffney.

I just want Walker, this way we don't have to worry about a receiver in the draft. If they have as big of a hard on as we are hearing about Walker, then they better make a strong ass push for him on draft day.

ice grillin you

i dont see why not...he has the athleticism...i dont see much of difference btwn him and bing...but id like to see him get a shot at wil...if only as a back-up/passing down guy...he would be a beast in blitz packages...