Main Menu

Mocks

Started by Tomahawk, March 15, 2006, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillyPhreak54

If they pick Mangold in the 1st round...anywhere in the 1st round...I'll be farging pissed off.

Add him to the list of

Chad Greenway
Chad Jackson
Santonio Holmes

The BIGSTUD

I've read that people say Mangold is the best center prospect in the last 10 years.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhreak54

He's too small.

He's like 290 if that.

Give me Jackson at C.

The BIGSTUD

I agree though for the most part. I'd much rather have about 10 other players in the first round before Mangold. The only reason I'd want the Eagles to trade down right now is because acquiring an extra pick helps us in the Walker sweepstakes. I figure if the Eagles want Stovall in the 2nd round, then they might as well deal it for Walker, right?
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

xtacy1238

If they could get Walker for our second. I would do it right now! I wouldnt mind Mangold if we get him at the bottom of the first. And pick up another pick. I would like one of these players in order. Brodrick Bunkley, Winston Justice, Haloti Nagata, Chad Jackson (only if we dont get Walker), Jimmy Williams which I think learning from Lito, Sheldon, Dawkins and Lewis could be a probowler in a couple years.
CGOD

PhillyPhreak54

Jimmy Williams is dropping as well. He's not worth #14 at this point

Drunkmasterflex

I with you Phreak I would not be happy with Mangold in the first round at all.  Center just does not seem like that it is that big of a need for the Eagles.  I would not be disappointed with Greenway if he was the pick I think he could be a solid LB for the Eagles in this system.  The thing is that Greenway really needs good line play in front of him to be productive.  And unless someone takes Stovall in front of them I think he will pretty much a lock in round 2.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

MURP

I would rather they trade down and take Mangold than stay put and take Greenway.  This draft is way deep in LB's and Greenway isnt even that impressive.   You know when you watch Iowa there are games when Hodge looked way better than Greenway.  hmmm.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: MURP on April 26, 2006, 12:09:09 AM
I would rather they trade down and take Mangold than stay put and take Greenway.  This draft is way deep in LB's and Greenway isnt even that impressive.   You know when you watch Iowa there are games when Hodge looked way better than Greenway.  hmmm.

I suppose I don't have to say it, but I agree.  That said, a first-round center is far from my preference.

ice grillin you

Center just does not seem like that it is that big of a need for the Eagles

i disagree and by the run they made at bently so do the eagles...its a huge need...bigger than either OT or DT...its just that its not as an important a position
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PoopyfaceMcGee

Your logic is akin to Eckel's.  I happen to believe that they didn't believe the position was as much of a need as was Bentley a truly elite player that would make the team better for years to come.

I think you will see the same type of philosophy in the draft, because they'll stick to their board.

ice grillin you

with how careful they are with the cap i dont believe the eagles would have spent that much money on a position they didnt think was a great need

they know the interior of their line is not good and center is the weakest spot

PoopyfaceMcGee

That's because you're assuming the Eagles are cheap, which they are not.

They simply refuse to play non-elite players elite contracts.

ice grillin you

trust me if i know how awful fraley is they do too

reese125

with all these teams switching to a 3-4 scheme--Dallas being one of them--, Fraleys positives he once had up against 4-3's are now becoming obsolete, as he already is and has to take on bigger and stronger nose tackles. Very big problem were having now with no push up front for Westbrook to get through the guard and tackle positions.

If they do address a center Im hoping its with their 2nd pick--but they definitely need one