Main Menu

Mocks

Started by Tomahawk, March 15, 2006, 12:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: FFatPatt on April 23, 2006, 06:49:40 PM
Quote from: Philly Forever on April 23, 2006, 06:20:23 PM
I highly disagree. As this team currently stands, I think it's a 7-9 team.

If they're a 7-9 team without Chad Jackson, they're a 7-9 team with Chad Jackson too.

With the draft and june 1st cuts I think we go from a 7-9 to a 12-4 team if they do what I want them to do.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

BigEd76

As of yesterday:

Greenway = Don Banks (CNNSI), Draft Ace, Draft King, Draft Notebook, Draft Studio, NFL Draft Countdown
Sims = Pete Prisco (SportsLine), FOX Sports, College Football News, Draft Stock
Ngata = Draft Hype, Scouts Notebook
Jackson = Pat Kirwan (NFL.com), Great Blue North
Justice = Mel Kiper (ESPN.com), Clark Judge (SportsLine)
Bunkley = Football's Future
Kiwanuka = Ron Burke (Comcast SportsNet)

The BIGSTUD

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2006, 08:15:37 PM
As of yesterday:
Kiwanuka = Ron Burke (Comcast SportsNet)

:-D

Ron Burke...
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 22, 2006, 04:00:11 PM
Hugh Douglas on WIP said he doesn't get the feeling that they like Ngata, Bunkley or any of the names being thrown around. He thinks they'll take Gabe Watson at 14, because he's heard from people on the Eagles that they really like him.

Take it FWIW.

I turned it on for 5 minutes last week and he was arguing with Gargano or whoever the hell the host was, Hugh was actually saying that Tom Brady is overrated and that if David Carr played for the Pats they still would have won all those superbowls. Anyways, Watson at 14 would be a disaster. He's an early 2nd rounder in my eyes.

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2006, 11:40:06 AM
theres a draft kid from yahoo on with gargano now

--hes saying the draft is way bigger than the superbowl

In some ways I agree, every team is involved and there's a lot more to talk about. On a national level it's obviously not as big, but for the minority of us who eat, sleep, and drink this shtein it probably is (unless our team is playing in the SB of course)

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Philly Forever on April 23, 2006, 07:58:52 PM
With the draft and june 1st cuts I think we go from a 7-9 to a 12-4 team if they do what I want them to do.

Oh, then thank God!  Let's get you on the horn with Andy immediately!

reese125

man, watching Chad Jackson on tv (rerun) today doing that stand and catch drill-with the machines spitting out balls  was unreal. That boy has some serious hands. He crushed Moss and the others by like 12 balls.

I hoping for DT, but seeing  the hand eye coordination and the big ass hands he has, I wont be as disappointed as I thought I would be if they took him. He could be a nice pick up.

The BIGSTUD

Jackson is good. I'd love to have him if we can't get Walker. The more I watch and read about him, the more I want him.

BigEd76

Here's Ron Burke's full mock draft:  :boo

1 = Kiwanuka (unless they can trade for Ngata)
2 = Gerris Wilkinson (GA Tech LB)
3 = Greg Jennings (Western Michigan WR)
4A = Jonathan Lewis (VA Tech DT)
4B = Ryan Cook (New Mexico C)
4C = Guy Whimper (East Carolina OL)
5A = Lawrence Vickers (Colorado FB)
5B = Dwayne Slay (Texas Tech FS)
6 = Kyle Williams (LSU DT)
7 = Moses Osemwegie (Vanderbilt OLB)

PhillyPhreak54

I'd like that draft. If it went like this

Kiwanuka - 2nd
Wilkinson - 3rd
Jennings - 4th
Lewis - 4th
Vickers - 5th
Slay - 5th
Williams - 6th

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 23, 2006, 05:41:47 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 22, 2006, 06:18:53 PM
I keep going back to that he was not a 1st round graded WR prior to the combine. Then he blows the doors off of people when he ran his 40. Now he's being talked about as being a top 20 pick.

No sir, I don't like it.

The WR class as a whole this year is junk. And Chad Jackson is being helped by that situation. In an average to good WR draft class he'd be a late 2nd-3rd round guy.

Quite a few Eagles fans see 4.32 + no other good high draft picks at WR + a need at WR on the team and they think Jackson should be drafted at 14.

LIke I said, I would prefer to see them draft Jeff Webb, Brandon Marshall or Greg Jennings later on. I would still want one of those guys in the 4th-5th-6th even if they take Stovall at 45.

Neither did Lawson, Wimbley, and your boy Bunkley.  So I don't put much stock into what they were graded before the combine.  I did think the birds were going to take him at 14, but I am not so sure now, I think they could get better value in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Actually Bunkley started his rise at the Senior Bowl. That was with pads on and doing actual football drills in pads against other players. Jackson's rise started when he ran a 4.3 on some turf in shorts and track shoes.

Lawson was a guy who was highly regarded before the bowls and combines. Him and Wimbley are getting a lot of attenion because of the teams who now run 3-4's are looking for those hybrid DE/LB's who can fit into those systems.

I don't Jackson. I hate Jackson at 14. If he was picked at 45 it wouldn't be as bad. But as I said before - him and Santonio are the benefactors of a weak draft class.

Mad-Lad

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 23, 2006, 10:35:11 PM
Here's Ron Burke's full mock draft:  :boo

1 = Kiwanuka (unless they can trade for Ngata)
2 = Gerris Wilkinson (GA Tech LB)
3 = Greg Jennings (Western Michigan WR)
4A = Jonathan Lewis (VA Tech DT)
4B = Ryan Cook (New Mexico C)
4C = Guy Whimper (East Carolina OL)
5A = Lawrence Vickers (Colorado FB)
5B = Dwayne Slay (Texas Tech FS)
6 = Kyle Williams (LSU DT)
7 = Moses Osemwegie (Vanderbilt OLB)

just say NO to anyone named Guy Whimper.

General_Failure

We need a new host for Inside The Eagles. Can you think of a better player to host anything on television?

The man. The myth. The legend.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 23, 2006, 10:54:30 PM
Quote from: Drunkmasterflex on April 23, 2006, 05:41:47 PM
Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 22, 2006, 06:18:53 PM
I keep going back to that he was not a 1st round graded WR prior to the combine. Then he blows the doors off of people when he ran his 40. Now he's being talked about as being a top 20 pick.

No sir, I don't like it.

The WR class as a whole this year is junk. And Chad Jackson is being helped by that situation. In an average to good WR draft class he'd be a late 2nd-3rd round guy.

Quite a few Eagles fans see 4.32 + no other good high draft picks at WR + a need at WR on the team and they think Jackson should be drafted at 14.

LIke I said, I would prefer to see them draft Jeff Webb, Brandon Marshall or Greg Jennings later on. I would still want one of those guys in the 4th-5th-6th even if they take Stovall at 45.

Neither did Lawson, Wimbley, and your boy Bunkley.  So I don't put much stock into what they were graded before the combine.  I did think the birds were going to take him at 14, but I am not so sure now, I think they could get better value in the 2nd or 3rd round. 

Actually Bunkley started his rise at the Senior Bowl. That was with pads on and doing actual football drills in pads against other players. Jackson's rise started when he ran a 4.3 on some turf in shorts and track shoes.

Lawson was a guy who was highly regarded before the bowls and combines. Him and Wimbley are getting a lot of attenion because of the teams who now run 3-4's are looking for those hybrid DE/LB's who can fit into those systems.

I don't Jackson. I hate Jackson at 14. If he was picked at 45 it wouldn't be as bad. But as I said before - him and Santonio are the benefactors of a weak draft class.

Neither Lawson or Wimbley was anywhere near a first round lock until recently.  Jackson has been a good college wideout it isn't like he is a Mike Mamula or anything.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

He was pretty good in college. But you're missing my point, I think.

He is only being talked about as a 1st rounder because he ran a 4.32 and because the WR class is weak as hell. If this was last year he would be a late 2nd- early 3rd rounder.

I don't think Wimbley is a 1st round lock either. Its all about what the 3-4 teams do. If they address another position early on, he will be a #2 pick. Unless its a team late in the 1st like Pittsburgh who would take him.

Lawson has been hovering around that 2nd round status for awhile until his workouts and like I said - those 3-4 teams look for players like him big time.

Chad Jackson is being hyped solely because of that 4.32 and the fact the draft class is weak. If they picked him at 14 I'd be angry.

The BIGSTUD

If they Eagles don't get Walker, they'll be putting themself into a position where they don't have a choice to take anyone but Jackson or Holmes at 14. You know they can't get them in the second round.

Jackson and Holmes are way better than Marshall or Stovall who we could get in the 3rd. Just hope the Eagles get Walker(and I think we will) if you don't want Jackson or Holmes at 14. Because they are both by far the best two receivers in this draft, and getting Stovall or Marshall later or just plain stupid. I don't like either to be starters, they don't have the speed.