Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diomedes

Quote from: BlueHeart on December 16, 2006, 04:17:36 PMIt's not the breed that's the problem, it's some of the people that own them.

Hundreds upon hundreds of generations of selective breeding for the purpose of fighting can't be loved out in one generation.  No way I'll get you to change your mind, so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't allow my dog anywhere near a pit, as well as a few other breeds (Presa Canario, etc.)
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Police: Bears' Johnson at bar when fatal shooting took place

Excerpt:
QuoteTroubled Chicago Bears nose tackle Tank Johnson is cooperating with police investigating the fatal shooting of his friend inside a nightclub, authorities said Saturday.

Police talked to Johnson at Northwestern Memorial Hospital, where Willie B. Posey was pronounced dead early Saturday, Police Superintendent Phil Cline said.

The 26-year-old Posey died after a fight inside Ice Bar, a club in the trendy River North neighborhood, Cline said. No one was in custody and the gun was not recovered, Cline added. He said it appears one shot was fired.

The shooting occurred about 12 hours after Johnson offered a public apology to teammates and family for his third arrest in the past 18 months.

Johnson was at the club Friday night. However, there was "no information to link him to anything that occurred at the bar at this point in the investigation," police spokesman Monique Bond said.

BlueHeart

Quote from: Diomedes on December 16, 2006, 05:11:15 PM
Quote from: BlueHeart on December 16, 2006, 04:17:36 PMIt's not the breed that's the problem, it's some of the people that own them.

Hundreds upon hundreds of generations of selective breeding for the purpose of fighting can't be loved out in one generation.  No way I'll get you to change your mind, so I'll just leave it at that.

I don't allow my dog anywhere near a pit, as well as a few other breeds (Presa Canario, etc.)
Nothing I could say could reverse years of bad press, so, I wouldn't expect to change your mind. All I know is my boy is now 7 years old and he has never attacked, or even nibbled, on anyone. He's a total mama's boy. Loves kids. Etc... Etc... Amazing what effect kisses vs. punches has on ANY animal (Goes for people, too. Imagine that.)... My brother's? Same. Everyone else's, that I know, that aren't douches? Same.

All I'm saying is: Even a Golden Retriever has the potential to tear a throat out if raised in the manner to do so.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...

Geowhizzer

Quote from: BlueHeart on December 16, 2006, 06:34:16 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on December 16, 2006, 05:11:15 PM

Nothing I could say could reverse years of bad press, so, I wouldn't expect to change your mind. All I know is my boy is now 7 years old and he has never attacked, or even nibbled, on anyone. He's a total mama's boy. Loves kids. Etc... Etc... Amazing what effect kisses vs. punches has on ANY animal (Goes for people, too. Imagine that.)... My brother's? Same. Everyone else's, that I know, that aren't douches? Same.

All I'm saying is: Even a Golden Retriever has the potential to tear a throat out if raised in the manner to do so.

Not my mother's yellow lab.  That sissy can't even get onto the couch without a boost from "mama."

Of course, the dogs are spoiled rotten by my parents, too, so it probably proves your point.  ;)

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.