Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2006, 04:53:39 PM
still keepin it real

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2646104

He is a thug, and worse... he's not even that great a player.

I'm sure him and Sean Taylor are boys.

Tomahawk

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 01, 2006, 04:56:09 PM
Quote from: ice grillin you on November 01, 2006, 04:53:39 PM
still keepin it real

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2646104

He is a thug, and worse... he's not even that great a player.

I'm sure him and Sean Taylor are boys.

I'm pretty sure they're not women

PoopyfaceMcGee

from urbandictionary.com:

Quoteboys       

your crew , posse , homies. your set of mates your real tight with.

me and the "boys" were rolling deep the other night at the club.

Father Demon

Spitting on people is for the gays.
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

Ya.  Spit on the gays.

U.S.A.!!  U.S.A.!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) -- Buffalo Bills rookie safety Donte Whitner faces a harassment charge after an alleged domestic dispute with his girlfriend, police said.

Whitner was arrested in the Buffalo suburb of Hamburg Saturday after police were called to his home in response to a fight with a woman, WGRZ-TV reported. He was arraigned on the violation and released on his own recognizance.

Whitner declined comment after practicing with the team Thursday.

Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said in a statement the team was aware of the charge and was gathering the facts.

"The National Football league has a personal conduct policy that governs these types of situations and the Buffalo Bills will adhere to that policy if there is any truth to the accusation," Berchtold said.

Whitner is due in court Nov. 20. Hamburg Town Prosecutor Dennis Gaughan said the non-criminal offense is punishable by 15 days in jail and a fine of up to $250.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteCowboy Marcus Coleman Arrested For DWI
Sources Say Team May Cut Player

(CBS 11 News) IRVING Dallas Cowboys player Marcus Coleman was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge early Saturday morning and may be cut from the team.

According to Irving Police, the defensive back was stopped at 2:40 p.m. when officers saw him weaving while driving east bound on Highway 114 near Spur 348 in Irving.

"There were indications that the driver (Mr. Coleman) had been drinking," Irving PD spokesperson David Tull said in a release.

The 32-year-old posted the $500 bond by 8 a.m. Saturday. According to reports, he failed a field sobriety test during the traffic stop. His vehicle was impounded, but was released shortly after he bonded out, sources said.

Dallas Cowboys sources also tell CBS 11 Sports that Coleman may now be cut from the team.

The team traveled to Phoenix Saturday afternoon. They are scheduled to play the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

A former Texas Tech standout, Coleman was the Jets' fifth round pick of the 1996 draft. He played six seasons, 1996-2001, in New York before being traded to the Houston Texans in 2002.

A criminal background search also showed he was pulled over and convicted in 2004 for driving while under the influence in Harris County.

Coleman also was sentenced to six months probation in 2004 for driving with a suspended license in Sugar Land, the Fort Bend County suburb southwest of Houston.

The 2004 offenses occurred while Coleman played for the Texans.

Coleman recently returned to the team from a league-imposed four-game suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy.

EJ72

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 11, 2006, 06:06:17 PM
QuoteCowboy Marcus Coleman Arrested For DWI
Sources Say Team May Cut Player

(CBS 11 News) IRVING Dallas Cowboys player Marcus Coleman was arrested on a driving while intoxicated charge early Saturday morning and may be cut from the team.

According to Irving Police, the defensive back was stopped at 2:40 p.m. when officers saw him weaving while driving east bound on Highway 114 near Spur 348 in Irving.

"There were indications that the driver (Mr. Coleman) had been drinking," Irving PD spokesperson David Tull said in a release.

The 32-year-old posted the $500 bond by 8 a.m. Saturday. According to reports, he failed a field sobriety test during the traffic stop. His vehicle was impounded, but was released shortly after he bonded out, sources said.

Dallas Cowboys sources also tell CBS 11 Sports that Coleman may now be cut from the team.

The team traveled to Phoenix Saturday afternoon. They are scheduled to play the Arizona Cardinals on Sunday.

A former Texas Tech standout, Coleman was the Jets' fifth round pick of the 1996 draft. He played six seasons, 1996-2001, in New York before being traded to the Houston Texans in 2002.

A criminal background search also showed he was pulled over and convicted in 2004 for driving while under the influence in Harris County.

Coleman also was sentenced to six months probation in 2004 for driving with a suspended license in Sugar Land, the Fort Bend County suburb southwest of Houston.

The 2004 offenses occurred while Coleman played for the Texans.

Coleman recently returned to the team from a league-imposed four-game suspension for violating the NFL substance-abuse policy.

And he was subsequently cut. Twice in around 4 months = Someone needs AA.

Can't have a mention of a DUI without the obligatory "wha hoppened?" mugshot, sooooo:

PhillyPhreak54

Another one

QuoteMORE DETAILS ON BARNES ARREST

CBS 47 in Jacksonville has obtained some additional details regarding the arrest of Jaguars tackle Khalif Barnes.

Barnes was arrested for driving under the influence after being spotted driving in excess of 100 miles per hour in an area with a maximum speed of 60.  He failed a field sobriety test, and Barnes then blew a 0.125 and a 0.121 percent blood alcohol concentration on a breathalyzer.

Although the CBS 47 report says that it's unsure whether Barnes will be disciplined pursuant to the league's Personal Conduct Policy, we can state unequivocally that he won't be.  Alcohol-related incidents are addressed under the league's substance abuse policy.

Jaguars cornerback Brian Williams was arrested for DUI earlier this year, and defensive end Bobby McCray recently was arrested for reckless driving.

MURP

and to think the Eagles almost drafted Barnes...

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteBRYANT GETS BUSTED

Time to re-set the NFL player arrest clock to zero.

49ers receiver Antonio Bryant, whose team quietly is emerging as a legitimate NFC playoff contender, was arrested Sunday night for suspicion of drunken driving, resisting arrest, and speeding.  Bryant allegedly was driving more than 100 mph on Highway 101.  Per published reports, Bryant then became "belligerent."

"He was initially contacted for reckless driving and excessive speed . . .  but officers noticed signs that he was under the influence and tried to get him to cooperate," said Capt. Kevin Rafaelli of the San Mateo police.  "He was extremely uncooperative and belligerent to officers."

Bryant thereafter became "combative" and refused to get into the police cruiser.  "He ultimately had to be restrained and placed in the car. . . .  He was pretty verbally abusive and derogatory," Raffaelli said.

The entire exchange reportedly was audiotaped.

Reports regarding the arrest make no mention of whether Bryant was subjected to a field sobriety test, or a breathalyzer exam.  Absent such evidence, it will be very difficult (in our opinion) to make DUI charges stick.

Bryant signed with the 49ers after completing his rookie contract with the Browns.  He was traded to Cleveland a few months after an ugly incident with Cowboys coach Bill Parcells during offseason workouts in 2004.  This season, Bryant has 31 receptions for 546 yards and two touchdowns.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Bryant is all character all the time.

EJ72

Quote from: FFatPatt on November 21, 2006, 05:02:08 PM

Want a real good laugh? It might even cheer some of you up a little bit.

We had a trade offer from KC in 04, this jackass for Larry Johnson straight up. At that point we just wanted to get rid of him, and Johnson was a disgruntled backup. Instead we traded for Morgan, because we had just drafted Jones.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EJ72 on November 21, 2006, 06:08:55 PM

We had a trade offer from KC in 04, this jackass for Larry Johnson straight up. At that point we just wanted to get rid of him, and Johnson was a disgruntled backup. Instead we traded for Morgan, because we had just drafted Jones.

Ouch. That's gotta sting.

Although everytime I see Marion Barber I want to go slaughter Andy Reid. Frank Gore too. He was really high on those guys and Barber went in the 4th while Moats went in the 3rd. Gore was gone by the time the Eagles were on the clock though.

I liked the Moats pick at the time, and he still could be a good player we need to see him play though, but Barber is pretty damn good.

EJ72

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on November 21, 2006, 06:56:38 PM
Quote from: EJ72 on November 21, 2006, 06:08:55 PM

Ouch. That's gotta sting.

Although everytime I see Marion Barber I want to go slaughter Andy Reid. Frank Gore too. He was really high on those guys and Barber went in the 4th while Moats went in the 3rd. Gore was gone by the time the Eagles were on the clock though.

I liked the Moats pick at the time, and he still could be a good player we need to see him play though, but Barber is pretty damn good.

Yeah, that left a mark. I was glad to be rid of Bryant anyway though. Talented, but inconsistent and as moody/tempermental as they come.

I liked Moats myself, just a matter of his size. With Gore, I liked him more than McGahee in college but a torn ACL in each knee? Getting it done though. I liked Barber in college, and thought the 4th was about right for him. He's a decent all around back and more consistent than Jones. Better inside runner too. Sometimes when he gets out the field he tippytaps around too much though, while other times instead of trying to make a guy miss he'll lower his head and try and run through him.

But I digress.

Bryant's an ass and has been since he came into the league, basically.

Oh. As a followup to Coleman, he stated to the Dallas area press that he wasn't mad at the team for cutting him loose. As if he would have a right to be after two DUIs in 4 months. Oh, and he also stated he didn't have an alcohol problem. As a tried and true alky, I can tell you he's full of shtein. ::)