Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Father Demon

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 14, 2006, 04:22:19 PM
Per WKRC-TV, the charges arise from allegations that Henry provided alcohol to three underage females.  The incident occurred at a party at a Covington, Kentucky hotel in April. 

Wait...  that's ILLIGAL??!!??!!
The drawback to marital longevity is your wife always knows when you're really interested in her and when you're just trying to bury it.

Diomedes

So this is Henry's fourth "brush" with the law?  Or have I lost count?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on June 14, 2006, 04:58:54 PM

Does that make the next one free?

PhillyPhanInDC

If this guy makes it to training camp with the Bungals they'll be a laughing stock. It has been his fourth run-in Dio, and it is only his second year in the league.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

PhillyPhanInDC

Update on the 'tard from ESPN:
Troubled Bengals WR Henry turns self in on new charges
ESPN.com news services

Troubled Bengals wide receiver Chris Henry turned himself in late Wednesday afternoon on three counts of an unlawful transaction with a minor. Henry, who was accompanied by his attorney, Bob Lotz of Covington, is expected to be released later in the day on $2,500 bond.

The arrest warrant issued on Wednesday morning claims that Henry provided alcohol to three women all under the age of 21. One of the women is identified as Monica Beamon, 18, and the others are cited as unnamed 15- and 16-year-olds. The criminal affidavit charges that all three women were in Henry's car when he provided them alcohol, with the knowledge that all were under the legal drinking age of 21.

The alleged incident occurred on April 29. On the morning of April 30, Covington Police were called to a local hotel, where Beamon told investigators that Henry had raped her. Based on inconsistencies in her story, and a follow-up investigation, it was determined no rape had taken place and Henry was not charged with any crime at the time. An arrest warrant for Beamon was issued on Wednesday morning, charging her with filing a false police report.

The Bengals had no comment Wednesday, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

"We don't comment on something when it's just in the stages of charges," Bengals public relations director Jack Brennan told the newspaper.

Henry had already been arrested three times since December and is subject to league sanctions under the terms of the NFL personal conduct policy.

Henry most recently was charged with speeding and drunken driving earlier this month.

In that incident, Henry registered a blood-alcohol content of 0.092 on a breath test and was clocked at 82 miles per hour in a 65-mph zone, said Sgt. Craig Cvetan, a State Highway Patrol spokesman. The legal limit is 0.08.

Henry was charged in January with pulling a pistol on a group of revelers in downtown Orlando. He pleaded not guilty to a charge of carrying a concealed weapon and is set for trial Aug. 21.

He avoided jail time on marijuana charges from a December arrest in Kentucky after pleading guilty and agreeing to enter a drug rehabilitation program.

Henry had 31 catches for 422 yards and six touchdowns as a rookie last season, when he developed into the Bengals' No. 3 receiver behind Chad Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

The BIGSTUD

If he gets cut I expect the Eagles to take a look. He's an Andy Reid type of guy.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 14, 2006, 05:21:07 PM
If he gets cut I expect the Eagles to take a look. He's an Andy Reid type of guy.

While your statement was obviously of a facetious nature, I think it was simply in regard to his character.  I'd contend that he's not a Reid type of guy solely on the fact that he's a WR with a lot of talent that could actually improve the offense when on the field.  Andy doesn't like bringing those kinds of guys in.

Feva

Quote from: FFatPatt on June 14, 2006, 05:26:32 PM
Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 14, 2006, 05:21:07 PM

While your statement was obviously of a facetious nature, I think it was simply in regard to his character.  I'd contend that he's not a Reid type of guy solely on the fact that he's a WR with a lot of talent that could actually improve the offense when on the field.  Andy doesn't like bringing those kinds of guys in.

Hank Baskett laughs at your ridiculous statement.  Ha!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

mcnabbmvp

Quote from: Geowhizzer on June 14, 2006, 05:01:48 PM
Quote from: Diomedes on June 14, 2006, 04:58:54 PM

Does that make the next one free?

no he has to commit 10 to get the next one free, dio.
"One thing in the NFL, it's not the team with the best players (that wins). It's the team that plays the best as a team." - Corey Simon,DT EAGLES

Sgt PSN

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on June 14, 2006, 04:55:00 PM
Quote from: Bunkley78 on June 14, 2006, 04:22:19 PM
Per WKRC-TV, the charges arise from allegations that Henry provided alcohol to three underage females. The incident occurred at a party at a Covington, Kentucky hotel in April.

Wait... that's ILLIGAL??!!??!!

No, in Kentucky it's totally kewl to get underage women drunk.......as long as they are blood related to you and you can prove intent to impregnate them.  Apparently Mr. Henry and the girls in question were of no relation. 

phattymatty

Quote from: PhillyPhaninDC on June 14, 2006, 05:07:41 PM
If this guy makes it to training camp with the Bungals they'll be a laughing stock. It has been his fourth run-in Dio, and it is only his second year in the league.

he's actually been arrested 4 times in the last 6 months.

mussa

I drafted A.J. Nicholson in Madden. 
Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

reese125

holmes might need his own thread in this section

Feva

Nah... Holmes is only Chris Henry "Lite" right now... give him time, I'm sure he'll blossom into the seasoned criminal we all believe he can be.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews