Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

The BIGSTUD

More on that

Steelers | Police and courts: S. Holmes
Sat, 27 May 2006 20:22:41 -0700

Joe Bendel, of the Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers rookie WR Santonio Holmes has given his account of his arrest in Miami Beach, Florida. Holmes said Saturday night, May 27, that he was on his way from a bar/restaurant in Miami Beach early Saturday and stepped off the sidewalk to avoid a gathering of people. A police officer yelled at him, Holmes said. A report written by the arresting officer said Holmes was obstructing traffic. Holmes said he asked the officer why he yelled at him, and he was immediately placed under arrest. The police report said Holmes was not cooperative with police after being warned to get off of the street on Collins Avenue. "I observed the defendant walking in the middle of the road obstructing traffic. I gave the defendant a verbal order to get out of the street and the defendant began to say several offensive words and he refused to get out of the street. The defendant's actions caused a crowd to form and traffic to come to a stop. Defendant arrested." A date for Holmes to appear in court for his arraignment has not been set.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Geowhizzer

Wingspan

Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on May 27, 2006, 01:45:31 AM
QuoteFormer NFL running back and Super Bowl record-holder Timmy Smith

Quotethe former football player had been respected at his job as a security guard at a juvenile detention center

How bad do you have to farg up to have that much difference between Career A and Career B?

and he was touched by the coaching angel too.
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Sgt PSN

Quote from: Wingspan on May 28, 2006, 09:07:56 AM
Quote from: DemonchildrenOnTurf on May 27, 2006, 01:45:31 AM
QuoteFormer NFL running back and Super Bowl record-holder Timmy Smith

Quotethe former football player had been respected at his job as a security guard at a juvenile detention center

How bad do you have to farg up to have that much difference between Career A and Career B?

and he was touched by the coaching angel too.

Apparently he wasn't touched in the right spot. 

PhillyPhanInDC

More on Droughns:

Droughns out on bail for assault
Browns running back allegedly threw wife out door
Posted: Friday May 26, 2006 1:05PM
Updated: Friday May 26, 2006 3:11PM

LITTLETON, Colo. (AP) -- A sheriff's report alleges Cleveland Browns running back Reuben Droughns threw his wife out the door of their home after she said she wanted a divorce.

Droughns, 27, was released on $2,500 bail Thursday on one count of assault and two counts of harassment. He surrendered to police the day before and spent the night in jail.

The arrest report said Kellie Droughns' right arm was hurt in the May 12 incident at the home in the south Denver suburb of Centennial. The report said she called her mother in Texas, who then called the sheriff's department.

Droughns' attorney, Harvey Steinberg, did not immediately return a call Friday.

Kellie Droughns had no listed phone number. Her name is redacted in the report but she has been publicly identified as Droughns' wife.

The arrest report said the couple were arguing when he "grabbed (her) and threw her to the ground. She got up and Reuben grabbed her by the waist, carried her to the bed and threw her on the bed."

That was when she told Droughns she wanted a divorce, the report said.

Droughns then carried her on his shoulders to the house's front door, where she flung her arms out in an attempt to avoid being thrown out, the document said. Droughns threw her outside, closed and locked the door, the report said.

He eventually let her back in, but then left the house with his wife's wedding ring, her credit cards and cash, the report said.

The report said a child lives in the home with the couple but did not say whether the child was present at the time.

Droughns faces six to 18 months in jail if convicted of assault and up to six months in jail if convicted of harassment. Bail conditions allow him to leave the state before his next court appearance on July 6, district attorney's spokeswoman Kathleen Walsh said.

Browns officials have said in a statement they are aware of the case and were taking it seriously, but had no other comment. His agent has not returned calls.

Droughns, who played for the Denver Broncos until a 2005 trade, signed a three-year extension with the Browns this year. He rushed for 1,232 yards and two touchdowns on 309 carries last season.

Earlier this month, a jury acquitted Droughns of drunken driving charges, finding he was not impaired by alcohol when a State Highway Patrol trooper stopped him Nov. 1 in Medina in northeast Ohio.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

SunMo

what a moron...

QuoteBengals | Police and courts: A. Nicholson
Wed, 31 May 2006 11:31:33 -0700

Joe Schad, of ESPN.com, reports Cincinnati Bengals rookie LB A.J. Nicholson and former Florida State WR Fred Rouse, who was dismissed by head coach Bobby Bowden at the end of last season for detrimental conduct, are charged with burglarizing the Tallahassee home of current Florida State RB Lorenzo Booker May 20 or 21. A warrant is out for the arrest of Nicholson, who faces felony charges of burglary of a dwelling and grand theft and criminal mischief, which is a misdemeanor. In a sworn, taped interview on May 28, Rouse said Nicholson entered the home and carried out two portable stereos, a DVD player and a pair of headphones. Rouse also said Nicholson had sustained a substantial cut on a finger.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MadMarchHare

So give up a lucrative NFL career for 2 portable stereos and a DVD player.
Makes sense to me.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Don't forget the headphones!!  Holla for the headphones!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PoopyfaceMcGee

...and people wonder why guys like Nicholson drop due to character concerns.

rjs246

And people wonder why I farging hate professional athletes.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

not really...you've made it pretty clear

rjs246

Oh. Well I'm glad that's all cleared up.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

SunMo

Geowhizzer

Quote from: rjs246 on June 02, 2006, 09:24:14 AM
And people wonder why I farging hate professional athletes.

Nitpicking a bit, but Nicholson wasn't actually a professional athlete when he allegedly committed the crime.

And, if found guilty, he may never get the chance to be one, either.