Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

Donte' Stallworth

QuoteNew Orleans Saints wide receiver Donte' Stallworth was no saint when Miami Beach police officer Erick Pagan stopped him for driving with an expired paper tag on a black 2005 Bentley, cops say.

Happened at 5:05 a.m. Saturday along the 1200 block of Washington Avenue, near police headquarters. Stallworth, 25, handed Pagan his license, then tried to drive off, the report says. Detective Luis King asked him to step out of the car, but he ''refused by pulling away and tensing.'' Stallworth would not shut off the engine or get off his phone, police say. Officers charged him with resisting arrest without violence, cited him for the expired tag, towed the Bentley and took him to jail.

''Defendant then stated this was going to cost us a lot of money and that he would have our jobs. Defendant further stated he knew the chief of police and that we would be hearing from his lawyer.'' Stallworth could not be reached for comment. FYI, Beach chief Don De Lucca says he doesn't know him.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Drew Brees is going to have his hands full this year.

Diomedes

QuoteSteelers | Police and courts: T. Carter
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 06:26:24 -0800

The Associated Press reports the brother of Pittsburgh Steelers S Tyrone Carter, Tank Carter, was sentenced five years in prison for driving with a revoked license. His original sentence was six months. Tank was scheduled to report to a Broward County, Fla. jail in January, but instead he watched the Steelers beat the Seattle Seahawks in Super Bowl XL. He reported for jail on Feb. 13. The judge did not like that and increased his sentence to five years.

Only tangentially related to the NFL, but still:  Ha!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

phattymatty

5 years for driving with no license?  seems a little steep to me.  guess i should get my license renewed soon.

Diomedes

No man.  6 months for driving with no license.  4 years and 6 months for defying the court. 
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Geowhizzer

Quote from: Diomedes on March 22, 2006, 07:39:02 PM
No man.  6 months for driving with no license.  4 years and 6 months for defying the court. 

4 years and 6 months for being a freaking idiot.

Tomahawk

He could have gotten five for no license because it's not like it was just expired. It was REVOKED. Driving is a privelage; not a right.

PhillyPhanInDC

49ers | Police and courts: R. Wersching
Wed, 22 Mar 2006 16:50:37 -0800

Andrew McGall, of the Associated Press, reports former San Francisco 49ers PK Ray Wersching was indicted on insurance fraud and tax evasion charges by a federal grand jury Wednesday, March 22. The indictment alleges Wersching embezzled and misappropriated more than $8 million in premiums that should have been paid to the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies. He is also charged with evading taxes on $3.6 million in corporate income for 1999 and 2000. The maximum sentence could go up to 21 years and fines exceeding $750,000.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Diomedes

I'm looking for Mike Doss to shoot someone or something, because this thread has devolved into  "anyone remotely connected with the NFL, arrested '06."  I'm bored out of my mind without football, and these iceholes are too good to get arrested?

Someone smack a bitch up, do something.  Entertain me, goddamnit!

PhillyPhanInDC

From PFT.com:
NFL linebacker cited for disobeying officer
By SUSAN ANASAGASTI
sanasagasti@MiamiHerald.com

Dhani Makalani Jones, a starting linebacker for the Philadelphia Eagles, was arrested early Sunday for failing to obey a police officer who ordered him to stop dancing on a street in South Beach, police said.

Police responding to a call in the 1400 block of Washington Avenue at 2:51 a.m. found Jones dancing with a female in front of the trendy Snatch Rock 'n' Roll Bar & Lounge, Miami Beach police spokesman Robert Hernandez said Monday.

Police said Jones was obstructing traffic in the northbound lanes, and officers ordered him to get off the street. He refused and was arrested at the scene.

Jones was taken to the station and was ''very apologetic,'' police said. The 28-year-old linebacker signed an affidavit with a promise to appear in court for arraignment.

According to the Philadelphia Eagles website, Jones ranked second among linebackers in the National Football League with 105 tackles in 2005. In June, he was named one of People Magazine's ``50 Hottest Bachelors.''

Please let this mean the Eagles will cut him!  :-D
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

MURP

PhillyGirl

He was arrested for DANCING?

lmfao
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

PhillyPhanInDC

Quote from: PhillyGirl on March 27, 2006, 03:24:26 PM
He was arrested for DANCING?

lmfao

Arrested for Dancing in a Street

Translation: Hammerered and obstructing traffic by being an ass.

Good show!

PhillyPhreak54

Cut him.

Can't have any criminals on the team.