Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

Who the hell let Manning into Denny's?!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

PhillyPhreak54

I still want to fight that guy.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 24, 2006, 06:38:45 PM
I still want to fight that guy.

Speed vs. strength.  The classic battle.

Tomahawk

Quote from: phattymatty on April 24, 2006, 08:50:00 AM
Quote from: Tomahawk on April 20, 2006, 12:57:07 PM
Larry Csonka used to play football (he was a fullback for the Dolphins).

you don't say.

Never underestimate the stupidity of other people.

Quote from: phattymatty on April 24, 2006, 04:28:14 PM
More on Ricky Manning...

QuoteRicky Manning Jr. Will Bludgeon You, You Freaking Nerd
Over the weekend, soon-to-be Chicago Bears cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. — the Bears signed him just last week to an offer sheet the Panthers aren't likely to match — was arrested shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday in Los Angeles and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

What happened, exactly? According to police reports ... well, we'll just say we're glad we went to bed early Saturday night.

According to [LAPD officers], Manning was in a group that attacked a man in a Denny's restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.

"The group began by making comments that the victim looked like a geek or a nerd," Lewis said.

The victim asked the group to stop and then complained to a Denny's manager before someone in the group punched him in the face. He then was punched and kicked by multiple attackers until losing consciousness, Lewis said.

Frankly, we're as surprised as you that it wasn't us involved in the incident, though, to be fair, we wouldn't have complained to a manager; we would have just packed up the laptop and sprinted out the door. (Weeping, probably.) But in case any of you ever wondered what football players think of every single one of you ... this should sum it up.

So he's making fun of nerds yet he wears this shirt, seems kinda ironic.

Ironic indeed; however, he was doing more than just making fun of nerds, which is an acceptable past-time.

SunMo

not arrested...but still funny

QuoteBears | C. Harris kicked out of basketball game
Fri, 5 May 2006 06:01:14 -0700

Roman Modrowski, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports Chicago Bears DB Chris Harris was thrown out of the Chicago Bulls playoff game Thursday, May 4, for an argument he had with players from the Miami Heat. He got into a verbal altercation with Heat players about three minutes into the fourth quarter. Heat players never had heard of Harris and were surprised to learn he played for the Bears
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

JTrotter Fan

The ultimate insult.  I love it.  Harris who?
When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil.

Beermonkey

PhillyPhreak54

Thanks, buddy. Now I'm angry. Maybe I'll go kick my neighboors dog or something. :chair

Maybe if I type on a laptop in Denny's Ricky will want to fight me. And unlike the last guy who he ridiculed for typing on a laptop, I'll kick his ass. :evil

SunMo

wtf....

QuoteNFL | Police and courts: Ford pleads guilty to shooting
Thu, 11 May 2006 13:41:06 -0700

Ken Ritter, of the Associated Press, reports former NFL PK Cole Ford plead guilty to shooting at the home of entertainers Siegfried Fischbacher and Roy Horn in 2004. Ford agreed to a felony plea that could lower his suspended sentence to one to six years in a Nevada prison, as long as he continues mental health treatment at a center in Tucson, Ariz. Clark County District Judge Jackie Glass ruled him incompetent to stand trial a year ago and rejected his attempts to plead guilty to the charges. Thursday, May 11, Glass deemed him competent and asked him if he understood the plea agreement, which will also require him to pay restitution and have no contact with Fischbacher or Horn. Ford plead guilty to shooting at a structure while several felony charges, including assault with a deadly weapon, were dismissed. Glass set sentencing for June 20, but he could be transferred to Tucson sooner if a suitable treatment center is found.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

Diomedes

If I recall, he was pissed off about the way they treat the animals, or something perfectly reasonable like that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

From the "What the farg?!" File:

PFT.com:

TEXANS PLAYERS STUNG BY SCAM ARTIST

A 21-year-old Texas man has been charged with fleecing multiple victims out of millions of dollars. 

And at least ten of his marks are members of the Houston Texans football team.

According to KTRX-TV, Darrick Moore has been arrested in connection with an investment scam that allegedly ensnared many people.  Authorities claim that he operated from him home "a mortgage and auto loan scam" using "'straw buyers -- people he paid to use their credit to buy the homes or cars.'"

Texans safety Jason Simmons is one of the victims, and Simmons was at Moore's home when the fuzz hit the fan.  "What are you going to do, arrest me too?" Simmons asked the law enforcement officials who arrived to retrieve Moore and to confiscate computers, file, and other items.

Simmons reportedly "invested" $450,000 in the operation.

Moore denies any wrondoing.  "I'm a black guy who has helped a lot of ball players save a lot of money, invest a lot of money," he said. "And they can't deal with it."  ???

Coincidentally, Moore is on parole for "engaging in organized criminal activity and also filing false information on a title application."
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Wingspan

atheletes = idiots

no exceptions
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The BIGSTUD

Warrant issued for arrest of DT Haynesworth
NFL.com wire reports

CARTHAGE, Tenn. (May 12, 2006) -- Tennessee Titans defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth was charged with reckless endangerment after being accused of trying to run a car off the highway.

The Smith County sheriff said May 12 a warrant for the player's arrest was issued after James J. Bond filed a police report.

Bond told police that Haynesworth on May 7 swerved, sped and attempted to pass a car driven by Bond's mother-in-law on the shoulder of Interstate 40, about 45 miles east of Nashville, Smith County Sheriff Johnny Bane said.

"The affidavants feared for their lives and felt they were in danger, as well as other drivers around them," he said.

No officer was present at the scene, and the warrant was issued after authorities investigated Bond's report, Bane said.

He said police have spoken with Haynesworth's attorney, who told them the player will surrender on the charges soon. He will face $1,000 bail.

Neither the Tennessee Titans nor Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, immediately returned calls from The Associated Press.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

Feva

Quote from: Bunkley78 on May 13, 2006, 09:52:35 PM

The Smith County sheriff said May 12 a warrant for the player's arrest was issued after James J. Bond filed a police report.

You'd think he'd be the last guy who'd need to involve the cops to solve a problem.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews