Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on March 27, 2006, 03:29:11 PM
Cut him.

Can't have any criminals on the team.

Agreed, and go sign Hunter Hillenmeyer to an offer sheet.

Diomedes

link

QuoteSAN DIEGO -- San Diego Chargers backup linebacker Shaun Phillips was arrested early Friday after he scuffled with a patrol officer, police said.
Phillips, 24, was booked into San Diego County jail on a charge of obstructing or resisting an officer in the performance of his duty. Phillips was freed after posting $10,000 bail, according to the Sheriff's Department.

Two officers sustained minor injuries during the struggle with the 6-foot-3, 262-pound linebacker, police said in a statement.

An officer patrolling San Diego's Gaslamp neighborhood saw Phillips grab an unidentified woman by the hair and pull hard enough to make her head tilt back, police said. The officer saw the woman slap Phillips and push him as he tried to grab her again.

When the officer checked on the couple, the woman told the officer they were "just playing" and the couple started walking away. The officer told Phillips to stay, the linebacker refused and a struggle followed, the police said.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhanInDC

Vikes' Offord arrested
Safety charged with drunken driving early Tuesday
Posted: Wednesday April 19, 2006 9:46AM; Updated: Wednesday April 19, 2006 9:48AM

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) -- Vikings safety Willie Offord was arrested early Tuesday and charged with drunken driving, according to the Minnesota State Patrol.

Offord was stopped at 2:20 a.m. on westbound Interstate 394 in Golden Valley and charged with misdemeanor fourth-degree drunken driving, which means his blood alcohol level was less than 0.20, the Star Tribune reported.

Offord was booked into the Hennepin County Jail at 3:29 a.m. and released more than two hours later. He is scheduled to appear April 26 at Hennepin County Ridgedale Court.

The Vikings signed Offord, their special teams captain in 2005, to a two-year contract extension last month. He is rehabilitating a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and was limited during a veteran minicamp this month.

The Vikings believe he will be healthy when training camp begins, and Offord could compete with free-agent acquisition Tank Williams for the starting strong safety job.

Neither the team nor Offord's agent, David Canter, returned telephone messages seeking comment from The Associated Press on Wednesday.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

Feva

Good to see Childress brought some discipline to the team.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Tomahawk

SunMo

QuoteNFL | Tylski, wife charged with child abuse
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:16:08 -0700

The Associated Press reports former NFL OG Rich Tylski and his wife were accused of hitting their adopted daughter with a belt, slamming her head on a table and other abuse that left the girl with broken bones in her hands and leg. Both Tylski and his wife, Jane, were free on $20,000 bond each on the child abuse and neglect charges.

Jesus Christ, this is the shtein that makes me hate the farging world.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

reese125

f'd up that not just one, but both. r u serious? Man, steriods are taking over the world

Diomedes

San Diegeo Super Charger linebackers are making a name for themselves with the cops:

QuoteChargers | Police and courts: S. Foley
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:34:41 -0700

The San Diego Union-Tribune reports San Diego Chargers LB Steve Foley was arrested early Friday, April 21, on suspicion of resisting arrest, battery on a police officer and being drunk in public after an altercation on a University City street, police said. Detective Gary Hassen that when officers contacted Foley, he tried to drive off. The officers attempted to detain him for questioning and a struggle began, Hassen said. The officers told Foley he was not free to leave, Hassen said. He said they also smelled alcohol on him.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

PhillyPhreak54

Remember Keith Hamilton? The crackhead DT from the Jints?

He was arrested for whuppin his kid with an electrical cord because of his poor grades at a private school.

General_Failure

The man. The myth. The legend.

Diomedes

Ricky Manning Jr. charged with assault.

QuoteLOS ANGELES - NFL defensive back Ricky Manning Jr. was arrested on suspicion of assault Sunday after a fight at a restaurant near the UCLA campus.

Manning, a 25-year-old restricted free agent who signed an offer sheet with the Chicago Bears on Friday after three seasons with Carolina, was arrested at about 3 a.m. after he allegedly hit a man in the face along with four or five companions at a Denny's restaurant in the Westwood section of Los Angeles, said officer Mike Lopez, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department.

Police did not know what prompted the fight, or whether Manning knew the alleged victim.

(a little) more at link

PhillyGirl

"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

phattymatty

Quote from: Tomahawk on April 20, 2006, 12:57:07 PM
Larry Csonka used to play football (he was a fullback for the Dolphins).

you don't say.

phattymatty

More on Ricky Manning...

QuoteRicky Manning Jr. Will Bludgeon You, You Freaking Nerd
Over the weekend, soon-to-be Chicago Bears cornerback Ricky Manning Jr. — the Bears signed him just last week to an offer sheet the Panthers aren't likely to match — was arrested shortly after 3 a.m. Sunday in Los Angeles and charged with assault with a deadly weapon.

What happened, exactly? According to police reports ... well, we'll just say we're glad we went to bed early Saturday night.

According to [LAPD officers], Manning was in a group that attacked a man in a Denny's restaurant after teasing him for working on a laptop computer.

"The group began by making comments that the victim looked like a geek or a nerd," Lewis said.

The victim asked the group to stop and then complained to a Denny's manager before someone in the group punched him in the face. He then was punched and kicked by multiple attackers until losing consciousness, Lewis said.

Frankly, we're as surprised as you that it wasn't us involved in the incident, though, to be fair, we wouldn't have complained to a manager; we would have just packed up the laptop and sprinted out the door. (Weeping, probably.) But in case any of you ever wondered what football players think of every single one of you ... this should sum it up.

So he's making fun of nerds yet he wears this shirt, seems kinda ironic.

PhillyPhanInDC

I knew there was a reason I stopped going to Denny's. All this time I thought it was because I didn't get high anymore, wasn't poor, and/or wasn't a farging teenager.
"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.