Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

Check out CNN.  There's a video story right now about an effort to adopt away a pit bull that ate the toes off an infant.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

racist baby no doubt deserved it
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

QB Eagles

Quote from: MadMarchHare on December 15, 2006, 06:53:17 PMIt wasn't just a bust - 20 SWAT members kicked in the door and tossed a flash grenade before entering.

Wow, that's a hell of a way to execute a misdemeanor arrest warrant. I guess everyone at the station wanted to see the NFL player's house.

Diomedes

Or they knew a black man lived there, so they went Rambo on his shtein.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

More likely, as the Tribune suggested early yesterday, they expected to find a significant amount of drugs there (dealer quantities).  The gun charges came out way after the warrant was issued.

My guess, they thought someone was dealing out of the house, and all they could find were guns, so they're trying to save face.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

And why would they think someone was dealing there? 

Black guy, nice car?

Sounds to me like you've got some lousy cops.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: EJ72 on December 15, 2006, 04:16:05 PM
He's not actually playing, but Quincy Carter was arrested for pot possession.(Can't copy and paste it)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/121606dnmetquincy.11670db3.html

And Randy Galloway bailed him out ($100 to bail bond co.) since no one else would.

MadMarchHare

We may have some lousy cops, but I don't think that's it.  It's a pretty diverse community.
There have been complaints from neighbors about the dogs, someone firing guns in the back yard, and lots of people living in the house.
Of course, his last arrest was for attacking a cop, but that was in Chicago, and the cop wouldn't press charges.  Who knows?

From my perspective (a couple of blocks away), he's been pretty quiet.  No big parties, etc.
I'd still like to see that small arsenal out of my neighborhood though.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

I'd be more worried about the pack of pit bulls than the guns, but I'm a different flavor racist than you I guess.

MadMarchHare

YOWZA!

QuoteMORE TROUBLE FOR TANK

Less than two days after the home of Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson was raided, the man who was arrested for marijuana possession at Johnson's residence has been shot and killed.

William Posey, 26, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital on Saturday morning.  Although police have not confirmed that he is the same 26-year-old William Posey who was busted on Thursday, the Chicago media spotted Johnson exiting the same hospital on Saturday.

Posey was shot once in the back in a fight outside the Ice Bar.

On Friday, Posey said in court that he was Johnson's bodyguard.  He later posted bond and was released.

Also on Friday, the Bears announced that Johnson would miss Sunday's game against the Buccaneers.  Though coach Lovie Smith said that the move was not disciplinary in nature, it sure smells like a punishment to us.  It remains to be seen whether Johnson's absence extends beyond this weekend in light of the more recent incident.
Anyone but Reid.

Rome

Reminds me of the scene in "Jackie Brown" when Sam Jackson gets Chris Tucker to go along with him in the trunk and then caps his ass.

Posey knew too much so bam!, bye-bye Posey.   :-D

MadMarchHare

Quote from: Diomedes on December 16, 2006, 10:03:43 AM
I'd be more worried about the pack of pit bulls than the guns, but I'm a different flavor racist than you I guess.

I'm not happy about the dogs either, Dio.  But according to his neighbors, they're merely loud, they've never gotten loose.
I really really hate guns.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Time for someone to join the NRA.

PhillyPhreak54

Quote from: MadMarchHare on December 16, 2006, 10:04:06 AM
YOWZA!

QuoteMORE TROUBLE FOR TANK

Less than two days after the home of Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson was raided, the man who was arrested for marijuana possession at Johnson's residence has been shot and killed.

William Posey, 26, was pronounced dead at Northwestern Memorial Hospital on Saturday morning.  Although police have not confirmed that he is the same 26-year-old William Posey who was busted on Thursday, the Chicago media spotted Johnson exiting the same hospital on Saturday.

Posey was shot once in the back in a fight outside the Ice Bar.

On Friday, Posey said in court that he was Johnson's bodyguard.  He later posted bond and was released.

Also on Friday, the Bears announced that Johnson would miss Sunday's game against the Buccaneers.  Though coach Lovie Smith said that the move was not disciplinary in nature, it sure smells like a punishment to us.  It remains to be seen whether Johnson's absence extends beyond this weekend in light of the more recent incident.

Damn.

BlueHeart

It's not the breed that's the problem, it's some of the people that own them.  >:(

Anyway... anyone with a friggin' arsenal in their house should get their ass tossed in jail. Who the F needs more than ONE gun.
Maybe the voices aren't real, but, they've got some pretty good ideas...