Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feva

I'm sure by now the Cincinnati Police have set up an office pool to reward the next cop who arrests a Bengal.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

General_Failure

Quote from: EagleFeva on December 09, 2006, 02:58:13 PM
I'm sure by now the Cincinnati Police have set up an office pool to reward the next cop who arrests a Bengal.

It must suck that they can't get the pool going above ten bucks before someone collects it.

The man. The myth. The legend.

MDS

Sports Guy was just calling this in his last article.  :-D
Zero hour, Michael. It's the end of the line. I'm the firstborn. I'm sick of playing second fiddle. I'm always third in line for everything. I'm tired of finishing fourth. Being the fifth wheel. There are six things I'm mad about, and I'm taking over.

SunMo

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 04, 2006, 02:16:50 PM
Stabbing a bar patron in the face with a broken bottle in the wee hours after the team's home loss to the Cardinals.

that is pretty awesome
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteJOHNSON FACING GUN CHARGES

Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson is facing six misdemeanor charges resulting from the possession of six guns without appropriate Illinois paperwork.

The charges, as we see them, are not much more significant than a six-pack of parking tickets.  But given that Johnson is already on probation, he could be facing hot water if the authorities argue that Johnson has violated the terms of said probation.

It's unlikely, in our view, that any such consequences would keep Johnson out of action over the balance of the 2006 season.  The Personal Conduct Policy is triggered only by a conviction, a guilty plea, or a plea of no contest, and our guess is that the team won't take action against him.

Bottom line -- it's a distraction for the Bears, but not a big one

PoopyfaceMcGee

Wait, a non-Bengal in trouble with the law?  Intriguing.  Tell me more.

EJ72

He's not actually playing, but Quincy Carter was arrested for pot possession.(Can't copy and paste it)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/121606dnmetquincy.11670db3.html

Sgt PSN

Quote from: EJ72 on December 15, 2006, 04:16:05 PM
He's not actually playing, but Quincy Carter was arrested for pot possession.(Can't copy and paste it)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/121606dnmetquincy.11670db3.html

That's the one thing I envy about the Cowboys.  It's like a fraternity of sorts where the players continue to do things after they've left the team that are in keeping with the time honored traditions they learned while playing there. 

Diomedes

farg Texas.  Goddamned third world state.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

SD_Eagle5

MadMarchHare

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on December 14, 2006, 11:18:21 PM
QuoteJOHNSON FACING GUN CHARGES

Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson is facing six misdemeanor charges resulting from the possession of six guns without appropriate Illinois paperwork.

The charges, as we see them, are not much more significant than a six-pack of parking tickets.  But given that Johnson is already on probation, he could be facing hot water if the authorities argue that Johnson has violated the terms of said probation.

It's unlikely, in our view, that any such consequences would keep Johnson out of action over the balance of the 2006 season.  The Personal Conduct Policy is triggered only by a conviction, a guilty plea, or a plea of no contest, and our guess is that the team won't take action against him.

Bottom line -- it's a distraction for the Bears, but not a big one

Yeeha!  As I've mentioned before, this asswipe lives down the street from me.  My wife and kids were home during the arrest.  It wasn't just a bust - 20 SWAT members kicked in the door and tossed a flash grenade before entering.  And guns?  The smallest gun they found was a .223 assault rifle.  He had three pistols:  .45, .44 mag, .50 Desert farging Eagle.  Every one of these weapons was loaded, and within reach of his two illegitimate kids.

Add to that, he's got 6 pit bulls in his backyard.  "Would you be mine, could you be mine, I wish he weren't my neighbor."
Anyone but Reid.

mpmcgraw

Diomedes

Quote from: MadMarchHare on December 15, 2006, 06:53:17 PM"Would you be mine, could you be mine, I wish he weren't my neighbor."

[igy] kkk hat [/igy]
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

I know you're being facetious, Dio, but if I get accused of being racist because a 6'4" 310 lb man (regardless of color) chooses to own weapons you could fire through 2 or 3 engine blocks, coupled with a pack of child eating dogs, they can eat my shtein.
Anyone but Reid.

mpmcgraw

Wait wait wait. 

You mean there are dogs that eat children?  Just when I thought I couldnt love those things anymore.