Players arrested '06

Started by MadMarchHare, February 13, 2006, 11:02:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMarchHare

Might as well have it's own thread.  There are usually a lot of these.......

QuoteJOHNSON THROWN IN THE TANK

Bears defensive tackle Tank Johnson is in hot water, again, after allegedly threatening a police officer on Sunday.

Johnson was charged with aggravated assault and resisting arrest after showing high respect for an officer of the law by allegedly uttering the following:  "You ain't the only one with a Glock.  If it wasn't for your gun and your badge, I'd kick your ass."

We kind of like that one.  It can be adapted to so many other scenarios, obviating the need to actually kick someone's ass.

"If it wasn't for the fact that you pay my salary, I'd kick your ass."

"If it wasn't for the fact that you gave birth to me, I'd kick your ass."

"If it wasn't for the fact that you can kick my ass, I'd kick your ass."

Alas, modern society now frowns not only on the actual kicking of asses, but also on threats to do the same. 

The brouhaha occurred when an officer was ticketing a limo that was double parked (man, that sure sounds familiar).  When the officer tried to arrest Johnson, he refused to be cuffed.  He eventually got Maced, and was overpowered by a group of officers.

The bigger problem for Johnson, as we see it, is that he currently is on probation for charges of driving around with a gun in his car.  Judges who give criminal defendants probation usually don't take kindly to this type of behavior, which means that Johnson's probation could be revoked -- and he'll end up behind bars.

Johnson also is subject to discipline pursuant to the league's Personal Conduct Policy.  Our guess is that, upon receiving a letter from Paul Tagliabue informing him of the terms of his coming suspension, Johnson will say to himself, "If he wasn't the Commissioner, I'd kick his ass."   

Johnson, a 2004 draft pick of the Bears, played in every game during the 2005 season, starting in four.  He finished with 19 tackles, six assists, and five sacks.

My, I'm sure glad this fine, upstanding young man lives two blocks from my home.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Good idea for a thread.

Too bad about the neighborhood problem.  Good luck with that.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MadMarchHare

Well, drunk, I almost went and carved an Eagles emblem in his lawn with Roundup two years ago before we played them.  Kinda glad I wasn't too drunk.
Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

That totally would have been worth getting arrested for...and if he caught you and beat you up, KA-CHING!!
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

Feva

Go to his house and tell him, "If you weren't a 300 lb NFL Defensive Tackle, I'd kick your ass."
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

T_Section224

Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 13, 2006, 03:16:41 PM
Well, drunk, I almost went and carved an Eagles emblem in his lawn with Roundup two years ago before we played them. Kinda glad I wasn't too drunk.
wuss
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

Diomedes

Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 16, 2006, 07:58:23 AMDamion McIntosh, domestic battery

update:
QuoteDolphins | Police and courts: D. McIntosh
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:25:44 -0800

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins OT Damion McIntosh, who was arrested Wednesday morning, Feb. 15, after admitting he pushed his wife to the ground at the couple's Davie home, was granted a pretrial release without any bond but he must follow several court-mandated rules. While the judge noted that McIntosh would not be treated differently because he is a football player, he released the lineman based on his lack of any prior trouble and his good-standing relations with the community. Upon his release, McIntosh cannot have any contact with his wife, Precious::) while staying at least 500 feet from her, the judge said. Also as part of his release, McIntosh can not visit any shooting ranges and will have his concealed weapons permit immediately suspended. He also cannot drink any alcohol during the period, and he cannot leave the country for any reason.

The dude's wife's name is Precious.  How could you NOT hit someone named Precious??  Who the farg names their kid that?  Jesus farging Christ!

EJ72

Quote from: Diomedes on February 16, 2006, 07:17:58 PM
Quote from: MadMarchHare on February 16, 2006, 07:58:23 AMDamion McIntosh, domestic battery

update:
QuoteDolphins | Police and courts: D. McIntosh
Thu, 16 Feb 2006 09:25:44 -0800

Jeff Darlington, of the Palm Beach Post, reports Miami Dolphins OT Damion McIntosh, who was arrested Wednesday morning, Feb. 15, after admitting he pushed his wife to the ground at the couple's Davie home, was granted a pretrial release without any bond but he must follow several court-mandated rules. While the judge noted that McIntosh would not be treated differently because he is a football player, he released the lineman based on his lack of any prior trouble and his good-standing relations with the community. Upon his release, McIntosh cannot have any contact with his wife, Precious::) while staying at least 500 feet from her, the judge said. Also as part of his release, McIntosh can not visit any shooting ranges and will have his concealed weapons permit immediately suspended. He also cannot drink any alcohol during the period, and he cannot leave the country for any reason.

The dude's wife's name is Precious.  How could you NOT hit someone named Precious??  Who the farg names their kid that?  Jesus farging Christ!

There was a player in the Braves organization about 10 years ago whose first name was Wonderful and his middle name was Terrific. Wonderful Terrific Monds III. His father and grandfather had the same name.

PhillyPhreak54

Ha...I remember that guy. If he wasn't teased mercilessly then he should've been.

SD_Eagle5

Quote from: Diomedes on February 16, 2006, 07:17:58 PM

That's the name of the crazy dudes dog in Silence of the Lambs.

PhillyPhanInDC

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

T_Section224

Quote from: SD_Eagle on February 16, 2006, 10:21:40 PMThat's the name of the crazy dudes dog in Silence of the Lambs.
she puts the lotion in the basket
Proud Sponsor of Mike Bartrum

MadMarchHare

Anyone but Reid.

Diomedes

Quote from: Diomedes on February 16, 2006, 07:17:58 PMThe dude's wife's name is Precious. How could you NOT hit someone named Precious?? Who the farg names their kid that? Jesus farging Christ!

Precious passes on pressing charges.