College Players The Eagles Are Interested In

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

I don't like Watson, but Huff is so awesome, that I'd still consider that a great start to the draft.

Rome

You wouldn't like Watson in the second round?

I wouldn't want him in the first but I'd gladly take him @ # 46 if he's still around.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: Jerome99RIP on April 28, 2006, 01:26:03 PM
You wouldn't like Watson in the second round?

I wouldn't want him in the first but I'd gladly take in @ # 46 (sic) if he's still around.

I don't like him at all.  He's Corey Simon all over again effort-wise, but less likely to produce nearly as often even.

Rome

Yeah, I suppose so.  He's definitely a boom or bust type dude.

I don't know if playing for a taskmaster like Jim Johnson would be the best thing for him either.

PoopyfaceMcGee

I think if they're looking at a DT in the 2nd+ rounds, they might look hard at Kyle Williams from LSU, because of the Pete Jenkins factor.  I'd throw Wroten in there too, but I can't see them taking a guy that couldn't even get clean for the combine.  What a farging idiot.

The BIGSTUD

Huff is a HOFer IMO, but I'm with MURP. This team needs a DT.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

ice grillin you

i have a feeling wroten goes well into the 3rd round...maybe even the 4th
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

The BIGSTUD

I'd take Wroten in the 4th even if we get a DT in the first.

He's a stud worth the risk that late.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PoopyfaceMcGee

If he actually tested positive at the combine, he's off the Eagles board completely.

The BIGSTUD

I disagree with that strategy, but you can't blame them.

First 3 rounds, not worth the risk but if he falls to the 4th then I think he does. He was a very good DT in college and if he can cut out his off the field issues he has a chance to be part of a very special DT rotation if we can get Bunkley or Ngata.

MURP

well like has been mentioned a number of times, the Eagles Dline coach was working for LSU last year, so they should have a better read on Wroten than any other NFL team right now. 

ice grillin you

with three 4th rounders....positive test or not....if he makes it to the fourth the eagles should be charged with a crime if they dont take him

PoopyfaceMcGee

I disagree.  A kid stupid enough to not find a way to get clean for the farging combine is not worth it.

Especially if they've already taken a DT.

I'd rather have Patterson/Walker/Rayburn/draft pick/Jasper than Patterson/Walker/draft pick/Wroten/RayburnORJasper.

ice grillin you

more than likely two of their 4th rounders arent ever going to contribute anyway...so id easily take the huge upside of wroten over that...if he crasjed and burns oh well...it was 1/3 of your fourth rounds picks

NGM

FWIW, Macnow just said Maurice Stovall is a lock for the Eagles at pick 45. 
Fletch:  Can I borrow your towel for a sec? My car just hit a water buffalo.