College Players The Eagles Are Interested In

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PoopyfaceMcGee

Feva

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 27, 2006, 06:34:10 PM
CSN says the Eagles are trying to get to #8, but for Bunkley, not Ngata...

Eh.. OK.  I'd take either one of them with a big ass smile on my face, but if we're going to go up that high, I'd rather they took Ngata.  We need some young size in the interior.
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

ice grillin you

they best not trade up for either of these two

where was i when bunkley or nagata became russel maryland...they are both nice players but hardly worth the mad scramble to trade up for...id rather trade back
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 05:57:29 AM

where was i when bunkley or nagata became russel maryland...they are both nice players but hardly worth the mad scramble to trade up for...id rather trade back

Maryland was the number one overall pick, the highest any of these guys could possibly picked would be #5.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Displaced

What do you folks think about Brandon Marshall?

I am watching him right now in the Hula bowl he looks impressive; making plays in traffic being extrememly physical off the jam and making plays all over the place.

MURP

QuoteEagles | Team showing some interest in Burton
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 19:38:27 -0700

The Cheektowaga Times reports Temple DT Antwon Burton (6-3, 315) said that he and his agent, Marty Magid, have received an inquiry of interest from the Philadelphia Eagles.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 05:57:29 AM

Amen.  Bunkley has value at #14.  Ngata does too.  I don't see either of them having value much above that.

The 3rd round is going to be more like round 2b this year.  Losing that pick, and one of the 4ths, would really hurt the chances to shure up young talent in other areas.

I'd rather the Eagles trade up for Huff (a truly elite prospect) or stay at #14 and see how their board looks then.  If they have a ton of guys bunched at the top, trade down, and get another 3rd rounder... Then, they'd have a late first, an early/mid 2nd, two 3rds, and 3 4ths.  A lot of flexibility if they want to jump up later in the 2nd day to nab a talented guy who's falling more than their board would indicate.

I just see too many red flags (Ngata's weight and game intensity, and Bunkley's lack of multi-year production, history of injury, and value-inflating combine workout) to really want the Eagles to trade up for either of those guys.

Throw Justice in there, too, but I can't see the Eagles trading up for him.

ice grillin you

The 3rd round is going to be more like round 2b this year.  Losing that pick, and one of the 4ths, would really hurt the chances to shure up young talent in other areas.

I'd rather the Eagles trade up for Huff (a truly elite prospect) or stay at #14 and see how their board looks then.  If they have a ton of guys bunched at the top, trade down, and get another 3rd rounder... Then, they'd have a late first, an early/mid 2nd, two 3rds, and 3 4ths.  A lot of flexibility if they want to jump up later in the 2nd day to nab a talented guy who's falling more than their board would indicate.

pretty much my exact feelings on what should happen

my prediction is that one way or another they are going to end up with huff....some of that might be wishful thinking but im not exactly the most optomistic of eagle fans...a large part of me really believes it...it kind of would be that curve ball that andy has been known for...everyone pointing to DT-LB-WR and they grab a safety...but with dawk aging and lewis coming to the end of a contract it makes sense...

SunMo

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 28, 2006, 11:36:08 AM

my prediction is that one way or another they are going to end up with huff....some of that might be wishful thinking but im not exactly the most optomistic of eagle fans...but a large part of me really believes it...it kind of would be that curve ball that andy has been known for...everyone pointing to DT-LB-WR and they grab a safety...but with dawk aging and lewis coming to the end of a contract it makes sense...

you love to steal my shtein, don't you.
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

PoopyfaceMcGee

...and I would like to reiterate that while the current need for a WR might be greater than for a defensive back of any kind, Huff would not be able to be kept off the field.  In fact, I could see the Eagles finding almost any excuse to not only have him playing in nickel and goalline packages, but even in most base packages.... whether that means that Lito is used more as the primary return man and nickel back (perfect positition for an athletic, risk-taking ballhawk), or whether it means that they line up often with Lewis over the TE playing a quasi-SLB.

Huff is an elite player.  If I were making a draft "board", he'd be 3rd on it, behind Bush and Mario Williams.

SunMo

all aboard the Huff train...

i'm already calling his sponsorship if they draft him, booyah

ice grillin you

all aboard the Huff train...

huff is not my first choice to get...id rather trade down get extra picks and get moss....or stay at 14 not give up the second rounder and get sims...im saying if they do trade up it better be for huff...and its also what i think they are going to do

SunMo

Huff is your 1st farging choice and you will like it beeyotch.

ice grillin you

Huff is your 1st farging choice and you will like it beeyotch.

i made you and i can take you out just as easily

SunMo