College Players The Eagles Are Interested In

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drunkmasterflex

I would like the Eagles to take one of these jack-of-all trades guys I really don't care who it is I just think Reid could get very creative with a guy like that.  This is certainly the draft to do it since there is a plethra of those types.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

The BIGSTUD

Eagles | Team expressing interest in Osemwegie
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:29:20 -0700

Brett Hait, of the Nashville City Paper, reports the Philadelphia Eagles have shown recent interest in Vanderbilt LB Moses Osemwegie. He expects to be a late-round pick Sunday, April 30, or receive free agent offers.

Eagles | Team interested in Culbert
Wed, 26 Apr 2006 22:15:57 -0700

Carl Lukat, of the Loudon Times-Mirror, reports Frostburg State (Maryland) DE Kevin Culbert is drawing interest from the Philadelphia Eagles. He signed with agent Jeff Jankovich of Capital Football Associates. Culbert stands 6 feet, 4 inches and weighs 242 pounds. He has added 15 pounds of muscle mass since his final game at Frostburg. Culbert played defensive line in college but has been projected at linebacker in the NFL.
Calling it right on the $ since day one.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

PhillyPhanInDC

KFFL:

Eagles | Team has pre-draft visit with H. Baskett
Thu, 27 Apr 2006 13:51:46 -0700

Jesse Wolfersberger, of the Portales News-Tribune, reports the Philadelphia Eagles conducted a pre-draft visit with New Mexico WR Hank Baskett. He's one of the taller receivers in this year's class. The biggest knock on Baskett is his speed. At the NFL Combine in February in Indianapolis, Baskett said he wanted to put those concerns to rest. "I told (scouts) that I would run in the 4.4s," Baskett said. "My first time, I ran a 4.50, then the next time I was 4.49." His agent is Jim Ivler.

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.""  R.I.P George.

BigEd76

CSN says the Eagles are trying to get to #8, but for Bunkley, not Ngata...

The BIGSTUD

Good news. I'd rather have Bunkley anyway. Bunkley is my #1 want in the draft.

Let's get him and put this d-line issue to bed. With him our defense would be crazy next year.
Just pointing laughing, and living it up while watching the Miami Heat stink it up.

BigEd76

Apparently Light Bulb Head just reported it too...

The BIGSTUD

FWIW to add fuel to this fire, Eskin on WIP said he heard from people(not with the Eagles) that a lot of teams are backing away from Ngata because of him being overweight during workouts, and also during tape of him they saw him take plays off. He heard and believes Eagles are one of those teams that backed off.

BigEd76

Sikahema was on Jody Mac's show today and thinks the Eagles want Ngata....

The BIGSTUD

Sikahema's punched one too many goal posts. Remember when he claimed last year that the TO was going to pull some kind of stunt?

What the hell has Vai ever reported correctly?

Displaced

Just watched a Michigan game today and was not impressed with Gabe Watson.  Guy bwas on the ground far too much ad only seemed to be disruptive on one occasion.  To be fair he did command a double team a lot of the time but he judt didn't impress.

Drunkmasterflex

I would prefer Ngata but Bunkley would be a welcomed addition as well.  I think the Eagles could really use an athletic fat body in the middle so Trotter can do his thing.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54

Give me one of those guys. I like them both.

If Tags calls out Ngata or Bunkley I am happy.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 27, 2006, 07:35:54 PM
Give me one of those guys. I like them both.

If Tags calls out Ngata or Bunkley I am happy.

word

Displaced

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 27, 2006, 06:34:10 PM

That fits their philosophy.  I don't know if Bunkley is worth that kind of manuvering.  Anyone can anyone here that has seen him play vouch for him.

MURP

Quote from: BigEd76 on April 27, 2006, 06:34:10 PM

they have all the inside info.