College Players The Eagles Are Interested In

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ice grillin you

anyone see kiper last night on the draft show say that this draft is loaded with return men that you can get in the mid to late rounds (led by bloom)
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

MURP

heck the Eagles took JR Reed in the 4th and Dexter Wynn in the 6th.  Reed was a top KR and Wynn was a top PR in college that season. 

stalker

Quote from: ice grillin you on April 21, 2006, 08:25:49 AM
anyone see kiper last night on the draft show say that this draft is loaded with return men that you can get in the mid to late rounds (led by bloom)

Kiper is a moron with very disturbing hair.
Alert, alert. Look well at the rainbow. The fish will be running very soon.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

phattymatty

only 3 VT guys on that list, weird.  i would have thought at least 7.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEagles | Team showing interest in Carfagno
Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:56:31 -0700

Mike Kuhns, of the Pocono Record, reports East Stroudsburg FB Anthony Carfagno is drawing interest from the Philadelphia Eagles. He had a private workout with the team April 13.

Phoenixville in the house!

ABILENE CHRISTIAN junior defensive back/return man DANIEAL MANNING has reported to the NLS Staff that he will have had as many as ten private visits before the draft, including Atlanta, Cleveland, Houston, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Miami, NY Jets, Philadelphia, St. Louis and Tampa Bay... many are now expecting him to be drafted as high as the early-to-mid second round... his status started to rise at this year's East-West Shrine Game, as he showed his versatility as a defender and potential as a return man during the game week practices

PhillyPhreak54

The list is now fully updated. I had been slacking due to work these last two weeks or so. Some of the smaller school UDFA type guys I could not find links for. But there were quite a few additions to the list.

Don Ho

Domata Peko, DT, Michigan State (Fifth)
Peko fled the scene when police officers found him urinating in public in May 2005. He later pled guilty to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct

Draft this guy!  Much better stunt than Davenport's alleged dump.   Just the thought of a 320 pound dude with hair like Gene Simons from the 70's running from the cops after taking a leak in public works for me.

Also love the guy from Tennesse that beat the shtein out of the cameraman.

"Well where does Jack Lord live, or Don Ho?  That's got to be a nice neighborhood"  Jack Singer(Nicholas Cage) in Honeymoon in Vegas.

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteEagles | Team held private workout Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:53:35 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the Philadelphia Eagles held a private, pre-draft workout with Boston College QB Quinton Porter. His agent is Kristen Kuliga, who also represents free agent QB Doug Flutie (Patriots).

QuoteEagles | Team visited with Koch
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:07:57 -0700

Steven M. Sipple, of the Journal Star, reports the Philadelphia Eagles recently traveled to Lincoln, Nebraska to visit with Nebraska P Sam Koch. Koch is hoping to be selected in the NFL Draft, but he could be signed as an undrafted free agent.

PhillyandBCEagles

Quote from: PhillyPhreak54 on April 23, 2006, 11:24:51 PM
QuoteEagles | Team held private workout Q. Porter
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 16:53:35 -0700

Steve Solloway, of the Portland Press Herald, reports the Philadelphia Eagles held a private, pre-draft workout with Boston College QB Quinton Porter. His agent is Kristen Kuliga, who also represents free agent QB Doug Flutie (Patriots).

Porter has some potential but has been terrible most of his time at BC.  He lost his starting job twice, to 2 different QBs (most recently Matt Ryan of Penn Charter) during his time here.  He'd be an OK guy to take a look at as an UDFA but if we use even a 7th round pick on him I'll throw my laptop out the window.

PhillyPhreak54

The last time you said we shouldn't get a BC guy we did.

Grant Adams was a UDFA last year.

Maybe they'll bring him back as a camp body this year to catch balls from Porter. ;D

PhillyandBCEagles

Yeah tell me about it....I'm a huge self-admitted homer for BC players, so when I go out of my way to say we shouldn't get one there's something to it.  Although like I said Porter has pretty good physical tools, most of his problems were due to atrocious decision-making so there's a chance he could be coached out of it (BC's OC and QB coach is none other than Dana Bible, so he obviously didn't get any help in that department at the Heights) and I wouldn't be too upset to see the Eagles pick him up as an UDFA, just PLEASE don't use a draft pick on him.

FWIW there's another BC guy that Eagles fans should have their eye on and that's safety Jamie Silva...he won't be entering the draft for another 2 years (hard for me to see him leaving early) but after watching him for the last year and a half he reminds me a shteinload of Dawk.  Not the biggest or fastest guy, but he's a ridiculously hard hitter, has a knack for making big plays and creating turnovers, and was one of the defense's emotional leaders even last year as a sophomore.  He won't be more than a mid-round pick if that since he's not the workout warrior type, but the kid is simply a baller.

MURP

QuoteEagles | E. Nelson impresses during workout
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:31:50 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the Carroll County Times, reports Connecticut TE Ed Nelson impressed scouts with his hands during his workout. One of the teams in attendance was the Philadelphia Eagles.

Drunkmasterflex

Quote from: MURP on April 24, 2006, 05:10:13 PM
QuoteEagles | E. Nelson impresses during workout
Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:31:50 -0700

Aaron Wilson, of the Carroll County Times, reports Connecticut TE Ed Nelson impressed scouts with his hands during his workout. One of the teams in attendance was the Philadelphia Eagles.

Will this guy actually get drafted or will he be a FA, I just can't see anybody using a pick on a guy that hasn't played football since his freshman year in highschool.
Official Sponsor of #58 Trent Cole

The gods made Trent Cole-Sloganizer.net

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

PhillyPhreak54