College Players The Eagles Are Interested In

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MURP

The Stovall thing is more interesting to me since we now know that Weiss and Reid are tight.

SunMo

I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.

MURP

from NFL draft countdown SR Bowl notes:

QuoteMaurice Stovall, Notre Dame
     6041   216
   * Looked very big and lean.

ice grillin you

hes big like 6-4 220

he also grew up in logan so that would be dope if he came to the birds
i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

rjs246

Dude, a big talented WR? Word. Where is he projected to go?
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

MURP

Quote from: rjs246 on January 27, 2006, 09:49:54 AM
Dude, a big talented WR? Word. Where is he projected to go?

whatever the answer is now you can bet it will change for better or worse after the combine. 

rjs246

of course. i'm just curious because I don't want to use a first rounder on a WR, but certainly wouldn't mind adding one in the second or third.

Let them eat bootstraps.

BigEd76

As of now, nobody has him going in the 1st round.  He's probably a 3rd rounder right now, maybe a 2nd....

NFL Draft Countdown Analysis:
QuoteStrengths:
Has tremendous size and knows how to use his large frame...Has great body control and can make the acrobatic catch...Leaper who will go up and get the ball at its highest point...Strong and physical...Willing blocker who does a tremendous job in that area...Not afraid to go over the middle...A bit of a long strider who is deceptively fast...Came through with a huge senior season under Charlie Weis.

Weaknesses:
Lacks elite speed / quickness and may have trouble separating from DB's at the next level...Didn't really emerge and play up to his potential until recently...Needs to keep his weight in check like he did as a senior...Will not do much in terms of yards after the catch...Will have concentration lapses...Doesn't seem to have natural hands and will drop some balls...Might only be a posession receiver.

Notes:
Could potentially bulk up and become a tight end or H-Back in the pros...With his size and ability this guy can be a terror to cover in the red zone...Intriguing prospect whose stock is on the rise thanks to a breakout season in '05.

rjs246

Let them eat bootstraps.

PoopyfaceMcGee

Mad-Lad

Quote from: FFatPatt on January 27, 2006, 12:06:13 PM
Les Bowen is all about Chad Greenway.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/13723698.htm

the article was posted in it's entirety a page back.

Greenway Trotter & McCoy   ;D

AWWW YEAH!

Seabiscuit36

The fact that he wants to play wil is a plus.   Chad cant be any worse than Bowtie or Gappy
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PoopyfaceMcGee

At some point, the Eagles will have to get someone that actually wants to and can play SAM properly.

Feva

"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Mad-Lad

If the Eagles pass on Greenway in the first round, what about Abdul Hodge (also from Iowa) in the 2nd round?  He's a MLB who could take over for Trotter.

here's what an ESPN chat said:

Quote from: Scouts, Inc.'s Todd McShay: (2:26 PM ET )Hodge doesn't have great size, so he won't be a natural fit as a 3-4 ILB. However, he is quick, instinctive and tough. He does his best work when given room to roam. I think Hodge will be a good value in the second round for a team looking for an eventual MLB starter in a 4-3 scheme.