College Players The Eagles Are Interested In

Started by PhillyPhreak54, January 23, 2006, 10:07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mad-Lad

I'm willing to take a gamble on him.  Haley's comet comes around every so often.

Rome

LOL @ the pig farm comments.

Yeah, living there installed an ethic in him.  The ethic is "get me the farg out of the pig shtein!"

Rome

I think the Eagles should take a flier on Brandon Marshall from UCF in the later rounds.

He's got madd skittlzzzz.

ice grillin you

i can take a phrase thats rarely heard...flip it....now its a daily word

igy gettin it done like warrick

im the board pharmacist....always one step above yous

PhillyPhreak54

#1EaglesFan1973 posted on the EMB from Tony Pauline's site that the Eagles have shown interest in another big body WR. Marques Colston from Hofstra 6'4 220.

He also posted this blurb from a Tony Pauline chat:

Quotethat Eagles have been uncharastically (Eagles don't usually show their hand to much as to who they really like & what not) showing alot of interest in the Wr's. Even Andy Reid has been in the trenches doing the scouting/interviewing & talking w/ many of the Wr's.

PhillyPhreak54

ge99 also reported that the Eagles showed interest in Wake Forest punter Ryan Plackemeier at the Shrine Bowl.

Feva

Ryan Plackemeier.  That just sounds like a punter.

GET PLACKEMEIER!
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

Seabiscuit36

Plackemeier won the Best Punter in the country 2 years in a row i think.  He would be a great pickup but some team out there will probably grab him in the 3rd
"For all the civic slurs, for all the unsavory things said of the Philadelphia fans, also say this: They could teach loyalty to a dog. Their capacity for pain is without limit." -Bill Lyons

PhillyPhreak54

QuoteHard to get past this guy

By LES BOWEN
bowenl@phillynews.com

MOBILE, Ala. - Marcus McNeill has an excellent memory of the last sack he allowed, midway through the 2002 season.

"We were playing Mississippi State," McNeill, Auburn's 6-7 ¾, 344-pound tackle, was saying after yesterday's Senior Bowl practice. "They moved me to guard for a few series because we had somebody hurt. It was probably the easiest protection we have, and I gave up a sack. I was pretty upset with myself."

McNeill decided he didn't want that to happen again. Watching him dance through drills this week with power and grace, it's easy to see why he was able to avoid such problems - though he is appropriately modest about it.

"Can't nobody say they didn't ever get beat," McNeill said. "I was just lucky enough that they didn't get to the quarterback before he threw the ball."

Scouts say McNeill, a big part of the success enjoyed by running backs Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams in 2004, could play either tackle spot in the NFL. Some mock drafts project him going right around where the Eagles are drafting in the first round, which is 14th. McNeill said he was scheduled to meet with the Birds last night.

McNeill said he doesn't care which side he plays, but he has heard that left tackles - who protect the quarterback's blind side - generally make more money. McNeill said he is in favor of "whatever puts more money in my pocket for my family."

McNeill, a giant even among elite linemen this week (Auburn listed him at 6-9; he notes that his official measurement in Mobile came "without shoes on," that he is 6-9 in cleats) had some back and neck issues early in his college career. He said one reason he chose to return to Auburn in 2005 for his senior season was to put more distance between himself and those issues, to show the NFL he was completely healthy.

"I haven't missed any games or practices since my sophomore year," McNeill said. "To come back and have two healthy seasons, I think that helps my credibility. A lot of tall linemen have back problems; I really try to keep my core straight, strengthen my core as much as I can."

In fact, one of the reasons the Eagles might be in the market for a first-round offensive tackle is that 6-7 left tackle Tra Thomas is coming off back surgery.

Like many players in Mobile this week, McNeill finds it odd to have his every move in drills scrutinized by dozens of NFL observers. But he has grasped something Eagles coach Andy Reid mentioned yesterday, when Reid was asked why he wanted to watch the drills. "You get to see how the players respond to coaching," Reid said.

McNeill is on the South team, getting a crash course in San Francisco coach Mike Nolan's offense.

"Everybody comes from different systems," McNeill said. "That's part of the mental aspect of it, seeing if we can adapt to whatever system we're put in."

The Eagles would be a fine destination, McNeill said, but he doesn't plan to obsess over where he might be chosen in 3 months.

"Actually, on draft day, I'll probably be out fishing," he said. "I'm not going to take my cell phone or anything like that. I'm going to sit on a boat, fishing with my granddaddy, probably my father, come back and see where they took me, then get ready to go out and play football."

If they cannot land one of the top 2 DE's then this is th eguy who I am most interested in. I love Bunkley but I think 14 might be a tad high for him. And if they want DT help they can get it with their 2nd rounder.

PhillyPhreak54

From goeagles99:

QuoteJust heard from a guy in Mobile that the Eagles scouts had a lengthy talk with LB Chad Greenway after practice

PhillyPhreak54

From goeagles99:

QuoteJust heard from a guy in Mobile that the Eagles scouts had a lengthy talk with LB Chad Greenway after practice

rjs246

From goeagles99:

Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Wingspan

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Feva

Anybody know if the Eagles talked to Chad Greenway at all?
"Now I'm completing up the other half of that triangle" - Emmitt Smith on joining Troy Aikman and Michael Irvin in the Hall of Fame

"If you have sex with a prostitute against her will, is that considered rape or shoplifting?" -- 2 Live Stews

SunMo

more importantly, what's up with Darwin Walker?
I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood.