Main Menu

ex-Fred

Started by dis12, January 20, 2006, 08:24:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dis12

what an embarrasment! :-[   and he was a 1st round pick? :-D

Soul eyeing Freddie MitchellBy ED BARKOWITZbarkowe@phillynews.com
The Soul roster, like most Arena Football League rosters, is filled with mostly unrecognizable names. That would change very quickly if team president Ron Jaworski gets his way.
Jaworski last night said he is trying to reach out to former Eagles wide receiver Freddie Mitchell to gauge any potential interest Mitchell might have in joining the Soul.
Mitchell, the Eagles' first-round pick in 2001, was released by the Birds in May and was cut late in summer training camp by the Kansas City Chiefs. He suffered a knee injury during training camp.
Adding Mitchell would take some serious salary-cap maneuvering by the Soul and would require the flamboyant wideout to check his ego at the training room door. After all, he'd have to play defense, as well.
"Oh, absolutely," Jaworski said. "That's what separates the guys in this game."
Jaworski hoped to get contact information from Scott Cohen, of the Eagles' scouting staff, at the Soul's scrimmage last night against the New York Dragons. The Soul open the season Jan. 29 when Tampa Bay visits the Wachovia Center.
Before his release, Mitchell was due to make $540,000 in 2005 and $600,000 in 2006. The highest-paid player on the Soul is quarterback Tony Graziani, who will make $165,000 in base salary this season. The Soul already has reached the $1.85 million salary cap, so some players would have to be dumped to add Mitchell.
"I don't even know if he wants to play or how much he'd want," Jaworski said. "But I want to talk to him."
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

Sgt PSN

QuoteThe Soul already has reached the $1.85 million salary cap

So I guess Danny Boy will never try to run an AFL franchise. 

PhillyGirl

Since the OP missed the last part of that article:

Quote"I don't even know if he wants to play or how much he'd want," Jaworski said. "But I want to talk to him."
"Oh, yeah. They'll still boo. They have to. They're born to boo. Just now, they'll only boo with two Os instead of like four." - Larry Andersen

Diomedes

Why is this thread in Eagles Talk?
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

dis12

Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2006, 09:13:31 AM

because there's no ex-Eagles Talk category, duh
C6 at the WAC

*** SPD ***

MURP

that would be hilarious. 

Wingspan

Quote from: dis12 on January 20, 2006, 09:25:23 AM
Quote from: Diomedes on January 20, 2006, 09:13:31 AM

because there's no ex-Eagles Talk category, duh

true, and he doesnt really belong in the "rest of the nfl"
Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Diomedes

Other Sports or General, you stupid Romes.
There is considerable overlap between the intelligence of the smartest bears and the dumbest tourists." - Yosemite Park Ranger

MURP

go get an early start on your gin and tonic today Dio.   :crazy

BigEd76

Quote from: Sgt PSN on January 20, 2006, 08:29:50 AMSo I guess Danny Boy will never try to run an AFL franchise.

IIRC, he tried to get an expansion team called the Washington Warriors but the AFL didn't approve it...they went with Philly, New Orleans, Toronto (hasn't started yet) and a couple other places instead...

mussa

Official Sponsor of The Fire Andy Reid Club
"We be plundering the High Sequence Seas For the hidden Treasures of Conservation"

Mad-Lad

Susquehanna Birder

That expression is even less funny than "All your base..."

rjs246

The all your base clip still makes me laugh so cram it, cram boy.
Is rjs gonna have to choke a bitch?

Let them eat bootstraps.

Sgt PSN

All your base are belong to me.